Linear Hybrid Threaded

will wdp be pve or pvp  
folder icon   10-05-2004, 01:11 PM
will wdp be pve or pvp Post #1
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

Will WDP be a PVP clan, or a PVE?

If you play on the PVP server, then no matter where you go, you can get jumped, or jump someone else.

In the PVE server, you have to go pvp by typing a command, attacking a hostile pvp mob or player, or healing a pvp player who is in combat.

Personally I wish to play PvE - and so does Warlock. Less Ganking.

Its hard to say our clan will be on "both" servers, because most people play their one or two characters, and if you switch servers, there is no interaction between the characters - like in diablo2 with us east and west...

folder icon   10-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Post #2
Jonttu

Overlord

Deghlan on Magtheridon

I say PvE. Pretty ghey if just someone comes from the bush and attacks you.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Post #3
Cloud

Arch Druid

You will want to be on a pvp server, otherwise you are gay. In any case, pvp stuff has not yet been fully implemented, and when it is, you will realize that pvp server is much much > than pve, as pve is homogay.

Beautiful
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Post #4
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud
as pve is homogay.

Little redundant isn't it?

But i sorta agree, it seems to be more of an adventure if we are in a PvP server. More danger, more tension, more of a need of a clan. If we are to rise to greatness, great risks must be taken.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-10-2004, 07:13 PM
Post #5
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

It seems that the WDP can keep its name and be an alliance pvp clan - since you will be set out to rule the world

folder icon   10-10-2004, 11:43 PM
Post #6
the Lightbringer

Tauren

Our name (world DOMINATION party) would sort of require us to be pvp. If there are a bunch of rules and restrictions on when we can kill other players, it will be hard for us to become a dominating clan. But if we're on the pvp server, then we can just gang up on people wherever, and if we eventually got a reputation for being bad asses that beat bitches up, then people would want to join us, and then our clan would start to get bigger.

http://lightbringer8000.deviantart.com/

"I don't want to have a position or anything. I just want to be infantry. I want to be the guy that (in the middle of a battle) the clan sends to the front line just to get killed."
~the Lightbringer
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-11-2004, 12:13 AM
Post #7
Caj Darkmoon

Arch Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Lightbringer
Our name (world DOMINATION party) would sort of require us to be pvp. If there are a bunch of rules and restrictions on when we can kill other players, it will be hard for us to become a dominating clan. But if we're on the pvp server, then we can just gang up on people wherever, and if we eventually got a reputation for being bad asses that beat bitches up, then people would want to join us, and then our clan would start to get bigger.

Or, on the flip side, bigger, or even just badder clans will own you. Possible an IN clan of WoW.

edit: Gah! Speaking of, it seens that the IN clan has dissapeared. Strange...

folder icon   10-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Post #8
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

the DIE guild is like that. Alliance PVP - they even Ganked Zaknafien once 4 or 5 to 1, sad really. They have been noted as bad people it seems

folder icon   10-12-2004, 09:47 AM
Post #9
Quenyan Speaker

Shaman

I would prefere PvE. It seems like it would be a bit more quest oriented and seems that we would explore more of the Warcraft story; and I don't know if we are big enough to fight off other clans.

Yet, on the other hand, PvP seems would have more adventure and the need to stick together.

I don't really know, I'm not in the beta.

folder icon   10-14-2004, 09:40 PM
Post #10
Gaggin

Arch Druid

Velentris on Shadowsong

We don't have to be bigger than them, at least not initially, we just gotta use guerilla tactics against them.

folder icon   10-15-2004, 09:27 AM
Post #11
Quenyan Speaker

Shaman

You can use guerilla tactics in WoW?

Anyway, I want to explore the Warcraft story as much as possable. And it seems the PvP would make it focused too much on competing with other clans.

But maybe it would give us a more realistic experience --all while exploring the Warcraft story. You know, we're doing the story and all while competing with other clans.

Open beta starts soon. So we can experiment then.

folder icon   10-15-2004, 12:24 PM
Post #12
Ultra_punk

Administrator

The dwarves have machineguns right? So im thinking you can use guerilla tactics.

I dont know if a reputation of being gang bangers is a good one.

I think i like pve more. Go around and doing quests with others is more fun imo.

a suicide bomber taken out by a suicide bomber? priceless
Masey209: JUST MAKE HER HAVE SEX WITH ME!!
Enix: Oops added an extra zero to it just like your hydro bill
CowUltrapunk: SLOW
CowUltrapunk: slow as your dick
dimitri583: i told you
dimitri583: my dick is fast as fuck
CowUltrapunk: working on your unspeakable weapon of mass atrocities?
ZoraxP: Yep. I call it the USA.
Urin Bloodface: i know ontario
Urin Bloodface: ive even been to vancover
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-16-2004, 10:51 PM
Post #13
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

Meh, PvE for me! Partying's where all the fun's at, and while raids are cool, there's just waaaaaay too much ganking . Besides, my timezone often means that I miss out on the action .

folder icon   10-17-2004, 01:20 PM
Post #14
Quenyan Speaker

Shaman

Lets have a vote!

I personally want to go with PvE. It seems a lot more quest orrionated.

folder icon   10-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Post #15
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

Oh, they both have the same amount of content........so to speak. It's just that when you do a quest on a PvE server (ie killing x number of monsters in a cave), you might find a player twice your level killing you, then killing all the monsters you were supposed to kill, then running off .

folder icon   10-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Post #16
Quenyan Speaker

Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by -G R U N T-
Oh, they both have the same amount of content........so to speak. It's just that when you do a quest on a PvE server (ie killing x number of monsters in a cave), you might find a player twice your level killing you, then killing all the monsters you were supposed to kill, then running off .

I guess that settles it --I vote the WDP should be PvE.

folder icon   10-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Post #17
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

I vote that WDP be PvE!

And I vote that I consider joining WDP after I play the Open Beta for a while and decide whether I want to waste my money on the game!

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-31-2004, 01:06 AM
Post #18
Zaknafien

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithjr
the DIE guild is like that. Alliance PVP - they even Ganked Zaknafien once 4 or 5 to 1, sad really. They have been noted as bad people it seems

Not really bad. Theyre killed me multiple times by the way, its just Im not part of a prominent clan so they dont care.

Their impact is limited by the fact that they really, really suck. I encourage you to go to www.die-guild.org and DL their movies to laugh at their 5 second reaction times.

You should also go PvP. Ganking is overrated, and any intelligent player can avoid it.

Ways to avoid ganking:

1. Dont think dead center in the middle of the road. People use roads. They will see you.
2. Locate trouble areas. Do them in off times.
3. Earn respect. As soon as you see an enemy solo or group, go up and ask for a 1v1. If they say yes, get the PvP out of the way there. If they say no, you can be 99% sure they will not kill you while you fight mobs. Its a pride issue. They either end up respecting you too much to gank you, or would destroy their ego by attacking.

Besides, death means nothing, and an honor system will be implemented which will shut down ganking really hard. You have nothing to worry about.

My currant best replay.
This one as of 10/20
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-31-2004, 06:39 PM
Post #19
jov

like a fox!

pve all the way. pvp can be fun and cool, but in my opinion takes away from the gaming element.

for example: in SW:Galaxies i was part of the rebellion. what wookiee in his right mind wouldn't be? nevertheless, once i declared my allegiancy, i flew back home to theed on naboo. while the area was loading, i heard the battle music. i zoned into theed's starport dead, with thirty or so imperial players stating how badass they were.

right, badass that you "killed" somone who, due to loading, couldn't in any way fight back. so when you asked if you could settle it one on one, they would freak out and say no. pvp is lame, and will make your enjoyment of the game lame.

FFXI is pve. there is a "game" you can play against other nations, that is pvp. and yes, it's fun. but it's declared pvp, you can only attack those who want to enjoy pvp.

every pve server will be set up with pvp systems, or so it seems. on the flip side, pvp servers will not have safe areas for you to just enjoy your time in game.

i'm up for either pve or pvp, but for me to stick around, i will prefer pve.

folder icon   10-31-2004, 10:23 PM
Post #20
Zaknafien

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jov
[color=green]pve all the way. pvp can be fun and cool, but in my opinion takes away from the gaming element.

for example: in SW:Galaxies i was part of the rebellion. what wookiee in his right mind wouldn't be? nevertheless, once i declared my allegiancy, i flew back home to theed on naboo. while the area was loading, i heard the battle music. i zoned into theed's starport dead, with thirty or so imperial players stating how badass they were.

right, badass that you "killed" somone who, due to loading, couldn't in any way fight back. so when you asked if you could settle it one on one, they would freak out and say no. pvp is lame, and will make your enjoyment of the game lame.

This rarely happens in WoW, because there are only a couple servers few points where you load into another game. You will find overwhelming enemy force in certain areas, but you can almost always run away safely or avoid them.
Quote:
FFXI is pve. there is a "game" you can play against other nations, that is pvp. and yes, it's fun. but it's declared pvp, you can only attack those who want to enjoy pvp.

every pve server will be set up with pvp systems, or so it seems. on the flip side, pvp servers will not have safe areas for you to just enjoy your time in game.

Well, they do. In friendly town, neutral towns and friendly zones, you are pretty much guaranteed to be safe. In the rest of the game, you can technically be attacked, but with a little bit of care and watchfullness you can stay far out of harms way.

My currant best replay.
This one as of 10/20
folder icon   11-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Post #21
Ultra_punk

Administrator

What retard came up with the name ganking?

a suicide bomber taken out by a suicide bomber? priceless
Masey209: JUST MAKE HER HAVE SEX WITH ME!!
Enix: Oops added an extra zero to it just like your hydro bill
CowUltrapunk: SLOW
CowUltrapunk: slow as your dick
dimitri583: i told you
dimitri583: my dick is fast as fuck
CowUltrapunk: working on your unspeakable weapon of mass atrocities?
ZoraxP: Yep. I call it the USA.
Urin Bloodface: i know ontario
Urin Bloodface: ive even been to vancover
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Post #22
Quenyan Speaker

Shaman

WoW's release has been announced!!!

Now, let's get our decisions made! I'll go start a vote for PvE vs. PvP. I would prefere PvE, but if the votes are against me, I don't really care.

folder icon   11-06-2004, 08:56 AM
Post #23
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

The thing about roads is that you need to use them....it's a helluva lot faster than having to fight your way through a bunch of monsters.

So, you have a choice, take the road and get ganked, or waste time fighting through monsters, or trying to weave through them, dragging a long train of them behind you, etc....bah....cant be bothered. Just go PvE .

Besides...after trying out various classes in the beta, I now feel that my true calling is as (embarassingly enough) a priest . Now, having played a Troll Priest hoping to still be a horde char, I just dont feel it's 'right'. I've always associated priests with humans.....especially hot female ones . So yeah...in the retail, that'll probably be my char ^________^.

DOnt ask why....people get satisfaction out of different things....and while slaughtering lots of things is fun, I get even more fun out of healing my teammates . My only complaint about being a priest is that soloing is a pain ^_^.

I'm still gonna have an Orc Warrior, though ....the name 'Tnurg' is too good not to go un used . I just worry that with the military, I'm not going to have much time to play WoW .

I wish that I could pay per hour instead of a monthly fee >_<.

newthread reply WDP Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: