prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

HOTON: lets play  Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]
folder icon   09-21-2006, 06:31 AM
Post #71
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

I echo Crusader's comments to not harm the man, sensing that he has an important role to play in all of this. As I reach the scene, I intone: "Make way! Let me see to that man!" I realise that I'm only a child of 14 summers, so I try to put as much authority into my voice as I can muster. If I wasn't an Ashade, my attempt may have come off as humourous.

folder icon   09-21-2006, 07:39 AM
Post #72
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

Seeing as this is all dialogue, should we keep going?:

"An Ashade? Wondrous! I've always wanted to talk to an Ashade... but uh, the problem we face now... this man here... dangerous. And if he can knock me down, he can crush you. And he's not our friend".

I make room for (Grunt) and keep my spear trained on the sleeping rib-cage.

"What are your names, by the way? I'd love to know."

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Post #73
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

"I am Iskada." I try to put on a friendly smile despite the graveness of the situation around us.

"I think I've seen you around the village, but I don't know your name."

I try to find out what would cause an old, but perfectly healthy man to suddenly collapse, but I keep Bryndon's warning in mind, and I am cautious.

folder icon   09-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Post #74
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

"Nice to meet you, Iskada. I'm Urka, and those that don't call me with a well-aimed stone call me by that name. What's it like being Ashade?"

folder icon   09-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Post #75
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

EVERYONE

the old man gathered enough strength the rasp out...
"exchange your...greetings...some other...day...Help Me....Go...North...East"

he then begins hacking up a violet colored spew...and collapses to one knee...

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

"I am only a Product of your Necessity"
~ Jack The Prophet, The Book of Jack
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Post #76
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

I'll help him up.

"Why on earth would we bother? Who are you? How do you explain your arrival at just the time our land exploded?"

folder icon   09-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Post #77
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

he drops the staff and with one hand grabs your wrist, squeezing it to make it open, and then with the other hand closing your fingers arround what feels like rabiit skin.

he then collapses onto the ground.

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Post #78
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

I take a look at the rabbit skin. If there's writing or a picture on it, I'll share the info with the rest of the group.

folder icon   09-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Post #79
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

BRYNDAN

regretably, there is something i chose not to mention in the past; none of you can read or write. the sakin have no written language..

anyways.

there are two "rabbit Skins"
the first is something you have never seen before, it is a very detailed picture made of smaller pictures of trees and running water and the moon, the sun, and even of animals.

the writting looks like jibberish to you

however, you recognize a picture of a waterfall that is circled, and a circle by a blue bulbous bottem of the page, and another circle north of the waterfall, following what you assume to be a river.

also, the bottom right corner of the paper is missing...this is about a third of the page

the second sheet of paper also have nonesense writing, but has three pictures.

a red flower you recognize to be the GODGON flower.

a tree with water beneath

a log with yellow moss on it

a red circle within a silver circle

a blue tree

and a bowl with two torches beside it next to a picture of a "man made cave"

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Post #80
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I tell the group with solemn resolve, "Let's do what he says. We cannot be sure that he is the cause of our grave circumstances just yet, the only thing we can assume is that he is somehow involved. Let us travel northeast until he regains strength enough to reveal what he knows to us. I know very little of him myself, but I will relay what I know if you choose to come with me. I also recommend we save and protect those strange skins, they may be of some use later"

I then place one of the man's arms over my neck, and prepare to start walking Northeast

folder icon   09-22-2006, 12:09 AM
Post #81
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

"I'm keeping these," I mutter to no one in particular, indicating the maps, "and I'm keeping them away from him."

I yell back to the world at large - "Bold Warriors of the Sakin! We're going to hunt down the cause of our sorrows! All able Sakin willing to donate their lives should follow, the weak should stay behind!"

And I'll follow the retreating old man.

folder icon   09-22-2006, 12:22 AM
Post #82
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

one child answers the call; he is the son of the WaterFall tribes ex-chieftan

he approches bryndan and says only,
"mother doesnt want you to have this"

he thrusts a massive leather page book (none of you have ever seena a book before) and then runs off.

the book is bound and locked with silver (you have never seen metal before)

NOTE: THE COLOR IS THE SAME AS THE 2 FOOT FEATHER

Я ни псих или героя

Last edited by jackdaw on 09-22-2006 at 12:30 AM.
folder icon   09-22-2006, 12:38 AM
Post #83
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

XP

bryndan; you have been amazing at roll playing, and did a wondrous job of bringing the party together
20xp

grunt; you have played out the Ashade quite well, and have strived to learn the game more
15 xp

darkassasinr; you have also done a good job RPGing, as well as showing a healthy curiousity to the world around you, and you held contradictory rationalism
20xp

crusader; you havent been very active, but you probably have your reasons, you showed charactor emotion, and have earned
10xp

if you have not bought abilibities/spells, just add this xp to 100. at 200 you go up a level.

HOW TO GET EXPERIANCE

-be as active as you healthily can

-act your alignment (if you cuthroat an innocent while good, you will not gain xp)

-kill foes (the final action that slays a foe will give you experiance for every foe you kill before i give it out)

-deal critical hits (sometimes luck sustains you, i respect this)

-complete missions

-make intelligent desicions

-unlock riddles/puzzles

-avoiding a battle that is directly in your path

-showing personality in your charactor

-interacting with the party

-using abilities/spells effectively in abstract ways (complex or unusual)

theres others, but this is the basics.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-22-2006, 01:02 AM
Post #84
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

The child ran off.

I looked at the two men whom I had just come in contact with. The one named Urka was one of strong resolve. And although I find him a bit rash he seems to have ability about him, and a somewhat command or perhaps demand for respect. In regards to the other (Darkassasinr), I felt an eager tone in his voice, perhaps too eager.

My head was swimming with the latest events, such fantastic and unnatural things had happened so quickly.

As the man was limply carried, I instinctively began to follow. I look back at the Ashade, who is still standing behind.

"Are you coming with us, most holy one?"

((Busy week Jack , and besides its my character's nature to feel out things before acting))

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-22-2006, 08:57 AM
Post #85
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

Bryndon's question stuns me for a second. Conflicting thoughts race around my mind- "I'm only a kid! Look at these guys! They're tough and twice my size!"

"You are an Ashade! You have a responsibility to do what you can. Listen to your heart- there are greater powers at work here, you can feel it. You must help these men- they need you."

"My training isn't complete. I don't even have my blowgun yet!"

"Since when has that ever stopped you?"

"My parents probably aren't going to be too happy about this." I mumble to myself.

"Hey warriors!" I shout out to the other 3, "Let us go back to the village, and stock up on supplies and food. I have never been outside the village, but I've got a feeling it'll take a while for us to get to where we're going." After a pause I add: "I don't suppose you guys know where I can get a blowgun, do you?"

Are there any shops in the village to buy goodies from?

Also, as far as role-playing is concerned, I didn't know about how an Ashade is supposed to be like until I started playing . The nature of an Ashade doesn't really seem to lend itself well to someone who's only 14 years old, and pretty cheerful, I think, but I'm trying to do what I can .

folder icon   09-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Post #86
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I state simply, " There is a prudent wisdom in the young ashade's words, I agree completely that we should stock up on any available supplies before setting out into the unknown. Please lead the way, holy one."

I briefly consider relaying the information I have on the night's events to my compatriates, but decide now is not the time, and decisive action must be taken to aid the old man. I believe he should be helped, I also believe that he knows more of what is going on than he says, and should be protected.

On the way back to the village I tell my name(Luciana) to the group and ask each member for his name, I try to learn the old man's name as well.(because I'm tired of calling him old man)

folder icon   09-22-2006, 10:12 PM
Post #87
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

"But the adventure is that way ! ... Oh, fine. Townwards it is then. If I knew where you could find this blowgun of which you speak, I would tell you, but as is, I'll search alongside you."

"Luciana, I'm Urka. We still have a lot to discuss." I gesture towards the old man.

so Grunt = Iskada, Darkassassinr = Luciana, ~Crusader~ = ?.

In town, I'll seek out any wise people and ask them what they know of the scrolls. If they seem helpful, I'll show them this leathery mass and see what they make of it.

---

I'm going to be away from the computer till wednesday. I support any course of action that involves questioning the old man, I'd like to have him tied up at some point, and apart from that, I'll just follow the other adventurers and do my best to take care of the strange items I'm holding.

Sorry about the short notice >_<

folder icon   09-22-2006, 11:37 PM
Post #88
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

recap of itemss

2' silver feather

book bound in silver lock

2 scrolls

three seeds

and a series of other things if you woulod jkust open your frickin eyes

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-23-2006, 12:12 AM
Post #89
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

"Any blowgun will do, really." I reply to Urka (Bryndon). Then it's decided! Only let us be quick about our business- I doubt it'll do us much good to be seen carrying this old man around town, especially since he's already attracted so much attention..."

Jackdaw- what shops, if any, are there in town? Does any of my Ashade training allow me to recognise and identify those items like the 2' feather?

folder icon   09-23-2006, 12:13 AM
Post #90
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I look around for anything we might be able to use, I also take a close look at the Old man's staff.

folder icon   09-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Post #91
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

BRYNDAN

no one can read in these villages

you will be in statis. in battle you cannot deal damage, but you also cannot take damage.

if the entire party dies, you alsoo die

and if something effects the entire party, it effects (like if you get thrown in jail)

also, you will recieve an automatic 5xp every time i give it out

GRUNT

there are no shops, but you can trade with people...a blowgun is a rare thing

DARKASSASINR

the staff has silver symbols written on it, the symbols mean nothing to you.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-23-2006, 04:23 AM
Post #92
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

Well, since Bryndon isn't here, I ask him to keep an eye on the old man, while I go off into town to see what I can see. Since there aren't any shops, perhaps it's not really necessary to go back, but I go into town anyway, seeing if people have anything for sale that we could use for our jouney.

folder icon   09-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Post #93
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

"I'll stay behind with Urka and watch the old man as well. There is nothing I need."

I am doing this because I am still somewhat worried that Urka may be provoked towards the man again, but I also think that if this man was capable of doing such things as I've seen tonight, then perhaps I am more needed here.

((I don't plan to interact with Bryndon, but I'm trying to open up some more stuff for my character rather than sticking with everyone ))

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-23-2006, 11:39 AM
Post #94
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I stay close to the old man, and make my way through the village, stopping to barter for things like dried meat, rope(if I can find it) and a skinning knife, I also look around for ways to upgrade any weapons I am carrying, because I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to be needing them soon.

folder icon   09-27-2006, 12:25 AM
Post #95
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

I drift off into a pleasant dream about nothing in particular.

I wake up suddenly. I thought days had passed, but seemingly, only a few minutes have gone by. There's someone else standing by the old man, so I speak up.

"I saw you coming, you know, I just didn't think you were any particular threat and such. Ah... Mmm. Are you with the other two? What's your name, by the way? And do we have food for the journey?"

Return to Top  Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: