ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > General Discussion > RPG Forum > not a tutorial GAME TIME!
Search this Thread:

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

not a tutorial GAME TIME!  Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]
folder icon   04-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Post #71
Zorax

Sig Nazi

Our GM is MIA, so I'm taking over:

As you walk with a couple of bakers and maybe some kids in tow, you feel pretty awesome all the time.

folder icon   04-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Post #72
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God

*Starts singing a jolly tune from his native land.*

folder icon   04-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Post #73
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

the baker, may, seems satisfied with this arrangement and offers to lend a hand as best she can. she has limited knowledge of the land gathered by talking with passerbys in TOGG.

she will answer any question she can.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Post #74
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God

"What are the symptoms of the child" I ask her.
" Can you tell us about the nunnery"

folder icon   04-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Post #75
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

URIN

May shows you the babies, their skin is gray and covered in rough calluses; it resembles gravel.
"they are turning to stone, it is a rare sickness, right now only their skin is effected, but when it reaches their organs..."

"Kells is said to be a magical place ran by the kindest women in the western land. it is said they have a garden that grows healing herbs of all kinds. im hoping they can cure my children. but there has been no reply in 5 weeks."

"sorry i cant be of more help"

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Post #76
Zorax

Sig Nazi

"Dudes, let's get going."

folder icon   04-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Post #77
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God

Yeah, we're going. Ready to leave.

folder icon   04-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Post #78
TheMadMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdaw

"Kells is said to be a magical place ran by the kindest women in the western land."

ONWARD

folder icon   04-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Post #79
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God

Sigh. We should do this over facebook instead. People check facebook.

folder icon   05-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Post #80
Zorax

Sig Nazi

Taking over.

URIN & MAC
You make your way along the road heading northward - if one could call a collection of flat stones loosely headed in more or less the same direction a 'road' - until evening time. The baker, a stout woman, utters no complaint at your usual quick pace, but as the light begins to fail you can see that she winces with every step. When she insisted on joining you, she didn't mention she had a bad leg.

"It's nothing," she insists. "Just that I won't be running any distance, is all." She forces a smile and rubs her knee vigorously.

It becomes clear that the party will either have to stop for the night or abandon the woman to her own fate. As you consider this detail, darkness crawls over the road until the dense bushes that surround you are nothing more than vague silhouettes. An uneasiness comes over you. Straining your ears, you can just make out what sound like movement deep in the bushes to the east.

I'll try my hand at running this game. If there calls for any sort of mechanical intervention (like combat), I'll use my GMing powers to resolve things fairly. Out-of-character script will appear in Italics thusly. If jackdaw returns to the game, I can introduce him as a character.

folder icon   05-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Post #81
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God

I say we stay.

folder icon   05-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Post #82
Zorax

Sig Nazi

I guess that's as good as I'm going to get, eh?

URIN
You build a small fire and set up camp. As the last of the sun's light disappears, the dark clouds overhead break into a grey drizzle. You curl up inside your cloak and try to keep dry as Dylan the Bard strums the same ditty again and again on his acoustic guitar.

The rainfall worsens and the fires sputters and dies, preventing the Baker, who is already distracted with her painfully swollen knee, from cooking the meal you'd expected. Under the feeble protection of a needled branch, you've become wet and now hungry, and still the Bard's strumming continues. You glare over at Dylan - he's smiling to himself, seemingly oblivious to his soaked clothing and empty stomach.

Time passes slowly. The music continues, and it seems that every note causes the downpour to intensify. It's as though the Bard is willing this night's discomfort on you. With surprise you notice that you're rubbing the handle of your great hammer, though you can't remember plucking it from its loop around your side. On and on into the night, the music continues. You heft your hammer and glare, and still the music continues. The heavy smell of evil mixes with the rain and mud.

Suddenly, the Baker stands. "Dylan!" she cries. "Would you be a dear and fetch some water? I glimpsed a stream not five minutes that-a-way when I was out fetching kindling. Take a torch, though even in the dark you can't miss it."

The music stops as the Bard stands and makes a low bow to the Baker. "My pleasure, ma'am," and off he walks into the woods.

The Baker turns to you. "Are you insane?" she hisses. "Don't think I don't know what was about to happen!"

A fog is lifted from your mind, and you realize with a jolt how right she is. As you're about to speak, the two of you hear a blood-curdling scream coming from the wood, in the direction that the Bard took. You'd forgotten all about the noises from earlier.

Just then, the rain stops and the light of a full moon pierces the heavy clouds.

folder icon   05-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Post #83
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God

I am running in the direction of the scream.

Return to Top  Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: