ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > Random War3 Thingie of the Week: Grunt Rushing
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Random War3 Thingie of the Week: Grunt Rushing  
folder icon   11-11-2002, 12:46 PM
Random War3 Thingie of the Week: Grunt Rushing Post #1
naes177

Witch Doctor

Why do some people mass Grunts. Personally, I think that's stupid because:

1. Grunts cost a lot. IF you kill them, the enemy is gonna get smoked becuase his economy is in the trash.

2. Grunts take FOREVER to train. IF you rush them then, they are dead.

3. I suck with Orcs anyway. They build too slow.

So why do lots of people try to rush with Grunts? Its a stupid thing to do, and will most likely get you killed. Tower Rushing is still very possible with the Orcs, but in my experiance, Grunt Rushing just doesn't work.

naes177

I AM A STAR WARS FREAK!!!

"The strong will always enslave the weak. Where the strong make their own fate, the weak bow their heads and succumb. There are few who are strong and many are their enemies, and the greatest of those enemies is the false Emperor of Mankind. Destroy the followers of the false Emperor and revel in their cries for mercy - their weakness can only be eradicated by their sacrifice to the gods of Chaos."
Last edited by naes177 on 11-11-2002 at 12:49 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-11-2002, 02:16 PM
Post #2
Tall Dark Handsome

Tauren

I have lost count of the number of times I, when I still played Orc, got slaughtered trying to grunt rush. Ditto the number of times I slaughtered one as Undead. And you will not believe how easily I can stop a tower rush now. It's just so... PATHETIC.

You suck as orcs? Not surprising - Orcs suck period. They are, in my opinion, THE VERY FUCKING WORST RACE IN ALL OF WARCRAFT III. Healing wards are a waste of money and time to research now, and a waste of mana to cast. And mass shamans are just so... PATHETIC now. I have NEVER lost a 1v1 game to Orc opponents, and in team games the Orcs always give me the least trouble. I also find that they make the least helpful allies.

Bottom line - Orcs suck.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-11-2002, 03:24 PM
Post #3
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

ill take you on anytime as orc, TDH. ive been developing some new strategies that will pulverize your ass, spear your ass, and slice up your ass very nicely. i find that while its not really "rushing", early grunts with a BM work very well.

folder icon   11-11-2002, 03:26 PM
Post #4
Gnome-

Night Elf Ranger

Orcs are sorta the noobie race, let zak tell ya why. It sure convinced me.

When it comes to biting scrotums in
vengeance, "Who Knows"?

"GNOME KNOWS!"
folder icon   11-11-2002, 03:41 PM
Post #5
Sammy the Saint

Overlord

I never play with orcs.

But it is always good to have an orc in a team game, if for nothing more then Ed arua, and BL, Kodo thingys, and a meat sheild.

folder icon   11-11-2002, 03:48 PM
Post #6
Sidian Ciderspawn

Tauren Chieftain

Banick on Bonechewer

im actually very good with orc rushing. and im good at burrow rushing

folder icon   11-11-2002, 04:09 PM
Post #7
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

burrow rushing is the biggest n00b strat ever. its so easy to counter its laughable. and anyone who says orcs are a n00b race needs to play against me.

folder icon   11-11-2002, 05:06 PM
Post #8
Aeyo

Assassin

how do u counter against burrow and tower rushing i did it once with storming a base with thous of hunts like 12 comein and 12 are following that 12 and so on and half of them just did what they liked whilst my allie sent in like 5 griffons and a fare number of gomish flyers my hunts held ff the towers and destroyed the base from the bac forword it wad fun then in defence he tried to escape but a few hunts tooc that also he built extra towers and walled me in but the hunts sluaghtered them i took them out strategiclly.

folder icon   11-11-2002, 09:51 PM
Post #9
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

that isnt a counter to burrow/tower rushing. "thous of hunt" is also a lamer strat IMO.

folder icon   11-11-2002, 10:16 PM
Post #10
Chib

Tauren

Massing grunts only really works if you get say about 12 of them, and 2-4 cats. The grunts just soak up the damage while the cats rape any static d.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tall Dark Handsome
I have lost count of the number of times I, when I still played Orc, got slaughtered trying to grunt rush. Ditto the number of times I slaughtered one as Undead. And you will not believe how easily I can stop a tower rush now. It's just so... PATHETIC.

You suck as orcs? Not surprising - Orcs suck period. They are, in my opinion, THE VERY FUCKING WORST RACE IN ALL OF WARCRAFT III. Healing wards are a waste of money and time to research now, and a waste of mana to cast. And mass shamans are just so... PATHETIC now. I have NEVER lost a 1v1 game to Orc opponents, and in team games the Orcs always give me the least trouble. I also find that they make the least helpful allies.

Bottom line - Orcs suck.

Haha, effort. Healing Wards are godly. I'm a full time orc player now and in solo/2v2 I go single rax quick tech to docs with healing. The fact they have tiny hitpoints doesn't matter if you've got about 8 or so docs unless you're enemy is a micro god and decides he'll just go after your wards full on and ignore microing his units, and even when a healing ward goes down you can immediately slap another up.
And mass shamans? wtf? The idea isn't to mass them, the idea is to get about 6-8 of them to lust your grunts. You shouldn't be trying to mass anything with orcs, massing is newbar strat and doesn't work.
One last point - being tower rushed successfully only happens to newbs to don't even scout around their base at all.

folder icon   11-12-2002, 04:04 AM
Post #11
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

Grunt rush in War3 = Stupid. Builds too slowly to rush .

folder icon   11-12-2002, 04:15 AM
Post #12
Sammy the Saint

Overlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Chib
And mass shamans? wtf? The idea isn't to mass them, the idea is to get about 6-8 of them to lust your grunts. You shouldn't be trying to mass anything with orcs, massing is newbar strat and doesn't work.

agreed totaly!

folder icon   11-12-2002, 09:58 AM
Post #13
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

If it were me in charge, I'd make grunt massing unstoppable!

folder icon   11-12-2002, 11:52 AM
Post #14
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

if it were me in charge, id give my great hall the "bust planet" command, which is like a nuke except that it totally destroys everthing on the map(including terrain) except my great hall.
Chib: right on, healing ward is awesome. did you know that with troll regeneration and healing ward, headhunters regenerate 8.5 hp per second? and witch doctors regenerate 9.3 hp per second? thats pretty fuckin sweet.

folder icon   11-12-2002, 01:09 PM
Post #15
Jeltz

Demi-God

Mass witchdoctors would beat mass shamans.

I eat robots for breakfast with syrup A(CBRT)
Show me! show you! Kikkomaan!

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-12-2002, 04:23 PM
Post #16
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

actually, if the shamans mass fire and make liberal use of all of their spells, i think the shamans could win.

folder icon   11-12-2002, 11:09 PM
Post #17
Zaknafien

Overlord

Orcs are good for newbs, but they dont have the power in them for a good player to access. Thats why nothing works so well with them.

My currant best replay.
This one as of 10/20
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-13-2002, 07:27 PM
grrrrr Post #18
Crusty_-_-Gloves

War Chief

orcs can be good!!!!!!!!!!!

get the tc at the start for a hero then get aura then grunts have a fcuking fast attack and fast move speed

now a lvl 3 aura=very fast

lvl 3 aura with bloodlust=holy mother fucking shit fast

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-13-2002, 07:35 PM
Post #19
Chib

Tauren

Quote:
Originally posted by Planet_Buster
if it were me in charge, id give my great hall the "bust planet" command, which is like a nuke except that it totally destroys everthing on the map(including terrain) except my great hall.
Chib: right on, healing ward is awesome. did you know that with troll regeneration and healing ward, headhunters regenerate 8.5 hp per second? and witch doctors regenerate 9.3 hp per second? thats pretty fuckin sweet.

OMG! OMG! I never even thought of that!!! I totally forgot about troll regen for docs!! Wow! Thank you so much, I'm now researching that as quickly as I can. That will be a HUGE help for orcs anti-air. Wow! Cool!

Oh, and grunt, if it were up to you, you'd probably make it so one grunt could level 11 insane computers in 5 seconds flat.

folder icon   11-13-2002, 09:30 PM
Re: grrrrr Post #20
Strifestrike

Warlock

Quote:
Originally posted by Crusty_-_-Gloves
orcs can be good!!!!!!!!!!!

get the tc at the start for a hero then get aura then grunts have a fcuking fast attack and fast move speed

now a lvl 3 aura=very fast

lvl 3 aura with bloodlust=holy mother fucking shit fast

HAHAHA, if you get TC first your going to be raped faster than your opponent can say bend over.

I read that on a Magic card once, heh.
folder icon   11-13-2002, 11:44 PM
Post #21
Blades_strike

Catapult

I think what ends up happening, is people who arent really good with orcs call them a newb race while those of amazing strength in orcs proove diffrent, there is no noob race, and if ya think so than you probably just suck with them. So i wouldnt think of orcs so lightly when I think there are plenty of orc players who would like to pay you a visit

folder icon   11-14-2002, 03:09 AM
Post #22
Zaknafien

Overlord

Or all the newbs realize how easy the orcs are to use and dont realize there no true power in the race.

My currant best replay.
This one as of 10/20
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-14-2002, 04:48 AM
Post #23
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Chib

Oh, and grunt, if it were up to you, you'd probably make it so one grunt could level 11 insane computers in 5 seconds flat.

You don't want to see the custom games I made .

Nice to see you coming here more .

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: