ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > Hero Rush
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Hero Rush  
folder icon   04-26-2002, 01:18 AM
Hero Rush Post #1
Darkwolf

Overlord

Bah, my most hated current strategy is the hero rush. Usually happens like this: Farseer runs into your base, starts chain lightninging up you peasants/peons/acolytes or what have you, then tps/runs.
I've seen it done with archmage also.
It is a very frustrating and annoying tactic, especially if you are double teaming someone. Seriously, it is annoying as hell.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-26-2002, 01:22 AM
Post #2
Mullet Crusader

Warlock

That sucks. But can't you counter it by siccing your heroes on him? Pardon my ignorance, i don't know if that is a feasible idea, i don't have the beta.

Mullet Crusader - (You crazy drunk Irish bastard)
- Silencer 7's 8k Post Speech
folder icon   04-26-2002, 02:05 AM
Post #3
Gaggin

Arch Druid

Velentris on Shadowsong

Well... humans can use militia, orcs can use burrows, NE have moon wells, and undead start with a ghoul and have high hp workers. And all of them have heroes to help. Yes, it's annoying when 2 DHs rush your base, but other than that I don't have much of a problem. A good fix would be to make the barracks a prerequisite for the altars. That will get rid of it for sure.

folder icon   04-26-2002, 03:35 AM
Post #4
dimitri583

Faster! More Intense!
ForumsX Administrator

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mullet Crusader:
That sucks. But can't you counter it by siccing your heroes on him? Pardon my ignorance, i don't know if that is a feasible idea, i don't have the beta.

</font>

With the scroll of town portal (which u get with your hero, its a bundled package, heh) hes outta there in a flash. SO its just random and pretty much undefendable. Not too damaging, but mostly annoying, like DW said.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-26-2002, 12:15 PM
Post #5
Stormcrest

Raider

The WORST hero rush is when 3 or more orc players rush you with farseers, and all of them have Feral Spirit. It happend to my ally-5 orc players on the other team all rushed him with the farseers and cast feral spirit, creating a huge army.

I like shiny things.

I am Canadian! We will smote all you Canada Haters!
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-26-2002, 05:45 PM
Post #6
Blades

Witch Doctor

It is so easy to counter any rush with a lvl 2 archmage as long as you have a few mana potions. All you do is mass water elements I mean those things are awesome. They will kick the shit out of some half baked hero rush. It works I promise you I don't know if it works in this patch but in the older ones you could have more than one water element out at one time.

Failure is always better than giving up.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-26-2002, 09:41 PM
Post #7
Evil Penguin

Shadow Hunter

Really? Water elementals are good for something? Hmmm. Wouldn't the archmage then be a good hero to rush with?

Talk to crazy people - you might learn something. Or, you might get stabbed with a syringe. Either way, it builds character.
folder icon   04-27-2002, 12:24 AM
Post #8
Mullet Crusader

Warlock

I guess if you could get the Archmage out there fast and Blizzard his work force and wreck his economy it would be a good way to start

folder icon   04-27-2002, 01:41 AM
Post #9
Darkwolf

Overlord

He is, the top rushers are Farseer and Archmage. Farseer is no.1 (chain lightning is a real bitch). Here's the problem - you can defend it, unless you get 3 guys against you. And, no, mass water elementals doesn't work, because the rush is at the very beginning, before you even gain a level or get potions.

folder icon   04-27-2002, 03:26 AM
Post #10
dimitri583

Faster! More Intense!
ForumsX Administrator

Quote:
I guess if you could get the Archmage out there fast and Blizzard his work force and wreck his economy it would be a good way to start

</font>

you can. u make an alter of kings for your first building, and its usually the 1st military unit you make. then you get one free spell slot, choose blizzard level 1, then go to the enemy, cast it, then if theres trouble, escape via scroll of town portal. Easy to do, especially if the enemy has no hero out for defense. They should make barracks a prequisite for alter of Kingz.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-27-2002, 05:09 AM
Post #11
En!gMa

Kodo Beast

I tried that hero rush with archmage and it didnt work. I didnt even take off half of one of his peasant's hp before the blizzard spell ended. he called me a moron and then kicked my ass. i have had this technique work against me though... except the guy used a demon hunter and immolation. it worked like a charm for him ...

folder icon   04-27-2002, 10:04 AM
Post #12
GLENN_3E

Shadow Hunter

I had a guy rush me with a blademaster today and tried to kill my peasants. However, humans have a faster building rate, and i got 2 footman+ MK out b4 he could kill a single peasant. Then i proceeded to send him running with his tail between his legs with my hammer.

folder icon   04-27-2002, 03:18 PM
Post #13
Mullet Crusader

Warlock

So bottom line, we need building prerequisites.

folder icon   04-27-2002, 09:59 PM
Post #14
Darkness

Shaman

Quote:
So bottom line, we need building prerequisites.

</font>

Building pre-requisites for heros? Thats kinda far-fetched because then heroes would be Tier 2 units. I dont think thats what Blizz wants. Any about the Farseer warping out, why would you have to warp out? Just run away, wait for mana to come back, attack again. Works even better with mana potions from Goblin Merchant. Farseer is pretty fast. If he does get into trouble, however, then you should warp out. Less travel time back to enemy base if you dont warp out.

folder icon   04-28-2002, 01:01 AM
Post #15
Khaav Delamer

Paladin

For hero rushing I like farseers. I have only really play orc so far though. I was in a 3vs3 today, and me and both my allies were orc. We all hero rushed one guy at the beginning with farseers and spirit wolves. Sorta cheap, but we killed him right off the bat. Whoever said war was fair.

For Cow-Jitsu lessons, please contact me or Stoic(Now known as Blade). Thanks.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-28-2002, 01:08 AM
Post #16
Gaggin

Arch Druid

Velentris on Shadowsong

The best rushing heroes are Hunters. They don't rely on mana, and there's no other hero that can take them on toe-to-toe. They're too fast, too much damage, too many hp.

folder icon   04-28-2002, 03:44 AM
Post #17
GLENN_3E

Shadow Hunter

Unless you meet a bashing MK who constantly gets lucky and stuns you.

folder icon   04-28-2002, 01:20 PM
Post #18
Darkness

Shaman

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GLENN_3E:
Unless you meet a bashing MK who constantly gets lucky and stuns you.

</font>

Thats quite unlikely, most people start with Pallys first anyways. But it could happen

folder icon   04-30-2002, 11:41 AM
Post #19
Khaav Delamer

Paladin

I suppose... the best counter is to counter yourself. I mean... when guys hero rush you in a 2vs2, 3vs3, etc.... get your allies to counter their hero rush by rushing one of them back? Maybe this will draw their attention away from you enough so that you can kill their heros, or they may teleport them out to try to save their own towns. Just a thought.

For Cow-Jitsu lessons, please contact me or Stoic(Now known as Blade). Thanks.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-30-2002, 02:26 PM
Post #20
Jeltz

Demi-God

If the demon hunter has mana burn he can kill your hero and then continue to slaughter your peons.

I eat robots for breakfast with syrup A(CBRT)
Show me! show you! Kikkomaan!

folder icon   05-01-2002, 02:32 PM
Post #21
TheUndertow

Shaman

The hero rush isn't too big a deal unless you're undead against an NE rushing with DH. It's mostly just an annoyance tactic. Mana burn, chain lightning, and blizzard don't do crap on level 1. After you get hero rushed a few times you learn to make altar first. The only time you really get hurt by a hero rush is if you get rushed by multiple heroes in a team game and your allies refuse to help, or if you decided to make barracks first and don't have a hero.

Like I said, undead are the only ones that are vulnerable because they have to make a crypt first thing since they need insane lumber for zigs. So you usually won't have a hero by the time the DH gets to your base.

I like the hero rushing now because the first couple minutes are like hero dueling, and usually the race defending the rush can get a couple units with their hero and beat a singe hero with them. Especially if you're NE with archers, I've killed a lot of hero rushes with them.

As long as you make altar first it's not a problem.

[This message has been edited by TheUndertow (edited May 01, 2002).]

folder icon   05-01-2002, 09:22 PM
Post #22
Gaggin

Arch Druid

Velentris on Shadowsong

I disagree. I've hero-rushed alot lately, and the Undead are the only ones who could stop it. They'd already have 3 ghouls and a Lich by the time my DH got there. I had to be quick then, cus as soon as a spirit tower is made the rush is lost. Orcs put up some resistance, with burrows, but nothing that I couldn't deal with.

folder icon   05-01-2002, 11:35 PM
Post #23
TheUndertow

Shaman

How can undead have a crypt with two ghouls made AND altar with a lich made in the time it takes you to build altar, make DH, and run across the map? I don't understand. If you make altar first, make the DH, and run him over there, undead will have nothing but a crypt (no altar) and a couple ghouls. I've been on the receiving end of this many times and I know you have either one hero and one ghoul, or a couple ghouls and no hero. The resources and build times just aren't there to have both.

[This message has been edited by TheUndertow (edited May 02, 2002).]

folder icon   05-04-2002, 10:45 AM
Post #24
GLENN_3E

Shadow Hunter

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darkness:
Thats quite unlikely, most people start with Pallys first anyways. But it could happen

</font>

I use MK all the time. They counter just about any rush coz they kill heroes easily and prevents them from escaping. Of coz, vs the Hunter, it boils down to who casts their spell first..... storm bolt or mana burn.

folder icon   05-04-2002, 10:30 PM
Post #25
0WNd

Spirit Wolf

funniest thing happened.... ok im playing 1 on 1 right and this NE guy says im gonna rush u in the game so im like o shit.. then a few seconds after it says level 1 demon hunter was kill and he started cursing and crap then i attacked his town with my farseer and then i brought in a few grunts and won what an idiot he got killed y creeps!!!!!!!!lol

[IMG]
http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/edoom/one_samuria.gif[/IMG]

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-05-2002, 04:30 AM
Post #26
GLENN_3E

Shadow Hunter

Thats a stupid rusher.

folder icon   05-05-2002, 01:25 PM
Post #27
Darkness

Shaman

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 0WNd:
funniest thing happened.... ok im playing 1 on 1 right and this NE guy says im gonna rush u in the game so im like o shit.. then a few seconds after it says level 1 demon hunter was kill and he started cursing and crap then i attacked his town with my farseer and then i brought in a few grunts and won what an idiot he got killed y creeps!!!!!!!!lol

</font>

Great stuff, but calm down a little and type properly.

folder icon   10-01-2002, 04:58 PM
human rush Post #28
Marlboro_ZeRo

Grunt

I played 3 vs 3 and got rushed by human heroes at the same time, they both built altar with 5 peasants and the map was fairly small for 6 ppl... i used night elf and when their heroes came my hero was still in process and so did the others (orc and undead) and walah... by the time my hero came out all the wisps gone and all messed up... any tips you from you guys?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-01-2002, 06:16 PM
Post #29
Mullet Crusader

Warlock

Hmm, i'd give you a build order, but all mine suck, if i were you i'd poke around on the internet until i found a fast NE build order that can help stop a hero rush like that.

folder icon   10-01-2002, 09:32 PM
Post #30
Zaknafien

Overlord

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUndertow
How can undead have a crypt with two ghouls made AND altar with a lich made in the time it takes you to build altar, make DH, and run across the map? I don't understand. If you make altar first, make the DH, and run him over there, undead will have nothing but a crypt (no altar) and a couple ghouls. I've been on the receiving end of this many times and I know you have either one hero and one ghoul, or a couple ghouls and no hero. The resources and build times just aren't there to have both.

[This message has been edited by TheUndertow (edited May 02, 2002).]

Yes they are. Make a crypt, then make an altar at the same time. When the crypt is dont, make 2 ghouls. Its really easy.

My currant best replay.
This one as of 10/20
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-02-2002, 08:53 AM
Hrm Post #31
TheUndertow

Shaman

That post was only made 5 months ago, way back in beta before anybody really knew how to do anything. I don't know why Mullet chose to resurrect this thread. If you fear hero rush as undead then just power tech to necro and you'll get the power tower before the heroes can get there.

folder icon   10-02-2002, 09:58 AM
Post #32
Marlboro_ZeRo

Grunt

It's once again depends on the map size... yes? no?

folder icon   10-30-2002, 12:09 PM
Post #33
El P.I.G.

Headhunter

NightElt, Keeper of the grove, greatest, most handsome....muahauhauhauhauahuaha...his entangle and call force of nature, no dude can pass or run away from me if they rush my baseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!

Here is some tips for nOObs:

-Run and attack tips
-Surround hero
-Disable hero if possible
-Kill weak units 1st, ranger stay away melee and avoid any rude dudes that coming to rape u !!!!!!!!!

I use NE rush em with KOTG and 3 archers, i go killer crap creeps 1st, then got the second skill, i spend it for entangle...BIg deal, rite...the others hero are sux to rush !!

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-22-2002, 12:14 AM
Post #34
Blackmage

It's very terrible at LostTemple.
Me and my friend ussuly do this 2Hero Rush...
2Humans build 2Archmage with Elemental.
Altar of Elders must building by 3-5 pesant.
We goes to one of our enemy and kill his Altar of Elders or hero, if he build him, or pesants if he hadn't AOE and Hero.
This strategy is nat to kill him, but to slow him

Return to Top  

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: