ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > Out of the Loop
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Out of the Loop  
folder icon   03-01-2001, 06:48 PM
Out of the Loop Post #1
Cybane

Shaman

Well, I'm not gonna buy any games for a pretty good amount of time... Probably till summer or something. The reason is, I'm saving up for a GeForce2 MX, new Case and Power Supply, motherboard possibly, and some more RAM. So basically I'm gonna overhaul my comp, because of dumbasses at HP. According to PriceWatch, all these things total are going to put me in the 200 or so dollars range. Kinda makes me mad tho, cuz I won't be able to play Fallout: Tactics OR Black 'n White, unless I bum one of em off my friends . But most of them aren't into comp games... DAMN IT.

folder icon   03-01-2001, 06:50 PM
Post #2
RepoMan

Shaman

Just buy one and then save up a little longer. How about that?

"It can fly at you like a sudden storm, without warning, from nowhere, and devour you, consume you with its ferocious appetite. The Wendigo is hungry, always hungry. And its hunger is never satisfied. The more it eats the bigger it gets. And the bigger it gets, the hungrier it gets."
-The Wendigo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have wings, so why am I always walking?"
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-01-2001, 06:55 PM
Post #3
Cybane

Shaman

I don't get money that often for one thing. And even if I did buy Black 'n White for Fallout:Tactics, both use 3D GFX, which means my system will overheat and freeze up randomly while playing. Plus my Vid Card is lagging behind current games... Like when I play Giants, all the textures have lines cutting through them and my FPS go to shit when there's more than one creature on the screen. And Giants is just the FIRST game of many to come using advanced graphics that I won't be able to handle.

folder icon   03-01-2001, 06:59 PM
Post #4
RepoMan

Shaman

Ooooo you got a problem. Forget that then buy the stuff you need then buy the games after

"It can fly at you like a sudden storm, without warning, from nowhere, and devour you, consume you with its ferocious appetite. The Wendigo is hungry, always hungry. And its hunger is never satisfied. The more it eats the bigger it gets. And the bigger it gets, the hungrier it gets."
-The Wendigo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have wings, so why am I always walking?"
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-01-2001, 10:03 PM
Post #5
Tundra

Tauren

Get the Geforce 3, it comes with a special supped up version of Giants. And seems to be able to do a lot of different things.

folder icon   03-01-2001, 10:28 PM
Post #6
Uglycrippledguy

Raider

I am going to buy a PS2

folder icon   03-01-2001, 10:43 PM
Post #7
Khaav Delamer

Paladin

Got a PS2. It's a sweet system. Dynasty Warriors 2 is the best game I've played for it, followed by Summoner.

For Cow-Jitsu lessons, please contact me or Stoic(Now known as Blade). Thanks.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-01-2001, 11:13 PM
Post #8
Cybane

Shaman

I don't like PS2, most of the games suck. There's maybe 5 good ones. And sure, I'll buy a GeForce3... If you give me 600 bux that is. No? Thought so. I'd rather spend my money on a MUCH lower costing card that gives me great performance on today's games, rather than games 2 years from now, which is what GeForce3 seems to be targetting. Wasn't GeForce2 debuted with Halo? The only game to utilize all its features? Well that game isn't even out yet... Nah, I'm not gonna buy a GeForce3. Waste o cash.

BTW, Giants is a pretty cool game. I thought it sucked at first, but once I got the hang of it it was pretty good. I like how the area you're in is huge, and you can just fly and jumpa round everywhere. The most fun though was zooming in on the Sea Reapers, and blastin' their heads off with the RPG . I'll probably buy that game in the summer when I have my new parts.

folder icon   03-01-2001, 11:16 PM
Post #9
Zorax

Sig Nazi

I don't buy many games at all. The latest one I've bought in SC was Half-Life, and that was last fall. Ahhh, so is the life of a struggling high-school student. *sigh*

But I can always download and play Megaman, so life is good.

folder icon   03-01-2001, 11:23 PM
Post #10
Cybane

Shaman

MegaMan isn't that good... Mog is better! He getz to say cool stuff like "Kupo!" and stuff. <--- sez Mog is kooler

folder icon   03-02-2001, 02:03 AM
Post #11
Tundra

Tauren

Of course the first generation playstation 2 games arn't gonna be that great. Compare the first gen playstation 1 to the current playstation 1 games. Image what PS 2 gonna be like?

As for Giants, I didn't like the game...
until I played it! The game is soooo phat!
If you haven't Download the demo.

folder icon   03-02-2001, 02:06 AM
Post #12
Madeblaster

Shaman

I got a PS2. It's great. Not only does it play all old PS games (even better than the Playstation itself did), but it also plays DVDs. Between TTT and DOA2 you have the choice of two of the best fighting games out there, and SSX is about the best sport game ever.

It has all kinds of good titles coming up too: MGS2, Silent Hill 2, RE Code Veronica Complete, the next several Final Fantasy games, etc...

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: