ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > SON OF A BITCH! New Heroes!!!
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

SON OF A BITCH! New Heroes!!!  Pages (36): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:42 PM
Post #421
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

stop with the dancing keeper, it makes keith not happy! but yeah ghoul rush works great on lvl 1-4 for single player ladder, heh.... then it stopped working! imagine that...

folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:44 PM
Post #422
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

meh...dryads are great units to...

with their anti-magic upgrade...that fucking rocks!

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

"I am only a Product of your Necessity"
~ Jack The Prophet, The Book of Jack
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:45 PM
Post #423
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

yeah, especially vs my sorcs, sorcs own huntresses very well, slow + polymorph = good, but cant do crap vs dryads.... leave em for the knights tho

Post #424
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

Quote:
Originally posted by jackdaw
meh...dryads are great units to...

with their anti-magic upgrade...that fucking rocks!

Its not an anti magic upgrade its an abolish magic upgrade. Theya re already immune to magic and this jsut makes them dispel it also. A great thing to mass gaainst mass shaman

I Support The Fight Against Vet-Hood!!!
Start your day off with a dose of vitamin C ~UH not oranges and all that worthless shit, CANADA!
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Post #425
deathofspam

Arch Druid

i don't like dryads, i am not really sure why, they are rather good units, i just really don't like them

"What makes a person so poisonous righteous, that they think less of anyone who dares disagree?"
-Moxy Fr?vous
DarkJesterZero1: your on my "Would have sex with list"
She wants a donkey punch, trust me. - Darkwolf
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:46 PM
Post #426
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

why is massing them good vs shamans? shamans bloodlust themselves keeper... hmm..... explain yourself!

folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:46 PM
Post #427
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

the dryads are never used though, when they are one of the best (and funniest) units the NE have.

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:47 PM
Post #428
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

Quote:
Originally posted by keithjr
why is massing them good vs shamans? shamans bloodlust themselves keeper... hmm..... explain yourself!
cause they get the upgrade of abolish magic. they can jsut dispel all the lust. Ask spam he lept sleeping my ehro but my dryads kept wakling him up without me attacking him mouwahahaha

Start your day off with a dose of vitamin C ~UH not oranges and all that worthless shit, CANADA!
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:47 PM
Post #429
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

i have played a lot of games where people mass dryads... but yeah most people mass hunts or archers... but drayds are great

folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:49 PM
Post #430
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

the problem is though, the only thing that makes the POTM any good. is the fire arrow thing...without that, she royaly sucks. and its a little unfair how they have two heroes that can attack air.

Я ни псих или героя

Post #431
deathofspam

Arch Druid

the only major use they have is stopping skells

"What makes a person so poisonous righteous, that they think less of anyone who dares disagree?"
-Moxy Fr?vous
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Post #432
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

Quote:
i have played a lot of games where people mass dryads... but yeah most people mass hunts or archers... but drayds are great
massing dryads is retarded though u need some melee to go crazy with nmeat shield and yur dyrads do the work. without any meat dryads suck

folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:50 PM
Post #433
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

priestess of the moon has starfall, run isnide of a base and they all go boom it would be sick if she could starfall by just sitting there

i see a lot of peolpe use the scout ability to go find other peoples bases in 1vs1 in lost temple..... so i guess thats a use other than the trueshot aura...

but yeah fire dmg +30 or so is good

folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:51 PM
Post #434
deathofspam

Arch Druid

most spell casters need meat to make em work though, necros are crap without a few ghouls or aboms

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:52 PM
Post #435
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

yeah, hence why kngihts go good with groups of em,.... but with mass sorcs, you can poly their meat, and then poly them, and just pick em apart like a turkey on thanksgiving

folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:52 PM
Post #436
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

i'd rather have the sentinals owl ability, more useful for defense/offense.

true shot aura kinda sucks...it doesn't do that great...unless your massing bird-riders...

and i dont know how strong star fall is

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:53 PM
Post #437
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

Quote:
Originally posted by deathofspam
most spell casters need meat to make em work though, necros are crap without a few ghouls or aboms

Necros are msot dependant on meat cause they need dead meat also. Mass necros is uterly useless as u got no skells to raise in the first place. Id like to laugh at an idiot that does that and says hey wheres the skells

folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:53 PM
Post #438
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

i think the mountain king kinda bites for an early hero, i have never used him as my primary hero, he just doesnt seem to be that good, paladins have heal for early creeping, arch mage has mass teleport and brilliance aura, and blizzard, what is really good about the MK cept beign a good meat?

folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:54 PM
Post #439
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

but thats what the meat wagons are for, carrying corpses...

necros and crypts make a great team, just massing necros never hurts either....

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:55 PM
Post #440
deathofspam

Arch Druid

I have seen people do that too, I laughed so hard, cause they were like necros rule!!! then they got ripped up by my abom pack

-Moxy Fr?vous
Post #441
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

Quote:
i think the mountain king kinda bites for an early hero, i have never used him as my primary hero, he just doesnt seem to be that good, paladins have heal for early creeping, arch mage has mass teleport and brilliance aura, and blizzard, what is really good about the MK cept beign a good meat?
Ummmm storm bolt can own a rushing hero early on and thunder clap works well early ons tunnign everyone in sight. Hes not that bad just now very useful for creeping or rushing or soemthing

Post #442
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

hehe, yeah, id rather have the archmage, but i can see how the mk is good, maybe for a second hero

folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:56 PM
Post #443
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

aboms are great against weak hitters, esp if they have that poison thing...i used to sacrifice them jsut to spread the sickness...

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:57 PM
Post #444
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

You i usally never get a second hero. I just lke focusing on other things and microing 2 heros and all yur units is sjut a little much. I dont mass hunts so i have to micro many things

folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:58 PM
Post #445
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

i HATE microing...thats why i sucked at SC, i just like haveing a set amount o' hard hitters...

and ripping the fuckers apart.

but thats just me.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:58 PM
Post #446
Always Right

Anime Freak!

Quote:
Originally posted by KeeperOfTheGrove
You i usally never get a second hero. I just lke focusing on other things and microing 2 heros and all yur units is sjut a little much. I dont mass hunts so i have to micro many things

Yeah, my second hero never gets passed level 3 or 4 usualy. My second is always the PotM, 'cuz Trueshot Aura kicks ass, but PotM isn't very good for early creeping, that's why she's second and DH is first

folder icon   10-05-2002, 08:59 PM
Post #447
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

yeah, i have problem enough with micro facing undead, polymorph, inner fire to heal autocast when they are all inner fired, water elemental, purge, AHH TOO MUCH

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:00 PM
Post #448
deathofspam

Arch Druid

yeah, i am not good at sc microing either. war3 i can sort of deal with, but i prefer lots of just hitters

-Moxy Fr?vous
Post #449
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

you guys are getting a little confusing...

but anyway...

looks pretty good

I only do one hero. I suck at microing.

in someways, if properly used, the witch doctor is pretty powerful. You can't mass it, but it can be useful.

Post #450
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

hey...what do you guys think about nudity in these games, i mean, the WC series is already not a childrens game, and nudity is becoming a major issue in todays gamings.

personly i dont think they should put it in, because, despite the games style, children DO get it.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:01 PM
Post #451
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

lots of hitters and autocast are fun, thats what i do when im lazy with my humans, but if you know you have to fight, you cant be lazy

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:02 PM
Post #452
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

Quote:
hey...what do you guys think about nudity in these games, i mean, the WC series is already not a childrens game, and nudity is becoming a major issue in todays gamings.

personly i dont think they should put it in, because, despite the games style, children DO get it.

y would u need nudity in this game? This game is about fighting not beating off whike these naked people fight go back to dreaming jackdaw

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:04 PM
Post #453
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

lol

i'm not dreaming...

diablo two had the succabus naked, and the book for WC1 had a picture of a waterelemental, she was very much so in the nude.

but i'm not promoting porn, i'm asking what the people think about nudity in gaming.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:05 PM
Post #454
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

Quote:
lol

i'm not dreaming...

diablo two had the succabus naked, and the book for WC1 had a picture of a waterelemental, she was very much so in the nude.

but i'm not promoting porn, i'm asking what the people think about nudity in gaming.

I sjut dont feel its needed to be thrown into war3. Sure it might atract a few wierd new customers for some odd reason but it wouldnt benefit anything and wouldnt make the game better

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:05 PM
Post #455
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

nakeness is cool, but they should have a way to verify to use it, it would be cool

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: