ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > SON OF A BITCH! New Heroes!!!
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

SON OF A BITCH! New Heroes!!!  Pages (36): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:34 PM
Post #491
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

frost nova is good, but i have never used the lich with undead... anyone find it useful?

Post #492
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

one time in hero arena, i had like 3 pendents and was in a duel. I kept making water elementals and eventually killed his dwarven mountain king

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Post #493
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

Quote:
Originally posted by jackdaw
chain lightning kicks ass, i just wish frost nova did more...or at least spreaded more....

shockwave owns chain lightning as it can hit wya more people therefore doing way nmore dmg. In late game level 3 it can domolish through like over 20 units at one time its real good

I Support The Fight Against Vet-Hood!!!
Start your day off with a dose of vitamin C ~UH not oranges and all that worthless shit, CANADA!
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Post #494
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

i could see how having that much mana would do good water elementals are fun

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:36 PM
Post #495
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

frost nova sucks...it doesn't do nearly enough damage to make a difference.

the lich in genereal sucks, i wish he acually had offense of some sort.

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

"I am only a Product of your Necessity"
~ Jack The Prophet, The Book of Jack
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:36 PM
Post #496
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

Frost Nova should be an AoE spell

Then lich would probably be better.

now it's kinda like a superpowerful death coil without the heal

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:37 PM
Post #497
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Thorn969
Frost Nova should be an AoE spell

Then lich would probably be better.

now it's kinda like a superpowerful death coil without the heal

I agree he should get a cool aoe spell like blizzard and really show people how a superior being such as himself should operate

Start your day off with a dose of vitamin C ~UH not oranges and all that worthless shit, CANADA!
folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:38 PM
Post #498
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

and he should still summon the frost wyrm like he did in the biginning

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:39 PM
Post #499
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

well, i just wish it covered more ground, and like froze the units or something....

and what the hell does AoE mean? (i dont follow slang)

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:40 PM
Post #500
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

Quote:
well, i just wish it covered more ground, and like froze the units or something....

and what the hell does AoE mean? (i dont follow slang)

AoE means area of effect a spell like blizzard Basically the lich needs some retooling ack inthe beta early stage he owned other UD heros now hes crap IMO

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:40 PM
Post #501
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

area of effect. And contrary to what kotg said, i meant a small area of effect like war stomp. and the frost wyrm would be instead of frost shield i think...

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:41 PM
Post #502
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

i like being able to build a frost wyrm, but i wish you could summon multible units with multible corpses...like origanally the aboms were able to be summoned from 3 corpses or some such.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:42 PM
Post #503
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

Quote:
i like being able to build a frost wyrm, but i wish you could summon multible units with multible corpses...like origanally the aboms were able to be summoned from 3 corpses or some such.

ya it would be cool if u could fuse untis together to get aboms That would kick so much ass

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:43 PM
Post #504
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

Would be cool...

Everyone agrees there are some small balance issues still in the game, right?

What do you think those are and how can they be fixed?

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:43 PM
Post #505
Gnome-

Night Elf Ranger

3ghouls= 1 abom, that was what was originally planned.

When it comes to biting scrotums in
vengeance, "Who Knows"?

"GNOME KNOWS!"
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:44 PM
Post #506
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

ya, that would be better then building aboms..

and, what if the fused unit automatically gets full life, you have 5 ghols fighting, they are about to die, and you get one abom with full life....

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:45 PM
Post #507
Gnome-

Night Elf Ranger

You know jack, not only the abom, but the entire Race of ud were supposed to get all there units from corpses, but they decided that would be difficult considering ud vs ud

vengeance, "Who Knows"?

"GNOME KNOWS!"
folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:46 PM
Post #508
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

Quote:
ya, that would be better then building aboms..

and, what if the fused unit automatically gets full life, you have 5 ghols fighting, they are about to die, and you get one abom with full life....

ya thats probally y they took it out as it would be pretty unbalcned that way cause 1 full abom is way better then 3 dying ghouls this would be absed so bad

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:47 PM
Post #509
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

no, that would acually balance it more so, to make up for the weakness of hero spells....the undead are just lacking a good edge.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:48 PM
Post #510
Gnome-

Night Elf Ranger

true, i do find it difficult to control ud early game, its hard to survive grunts and so early game:\

vengeance, "Who Knows"?

"GNOME KNOWS!"
folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:48 PM
Post #511
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

Quote:
no, that would acually balance it more so, to make up for the weakness of hero spells....the undead are just lacking a good edge.

So yur saying u would like to fight UD say 30 ghouls and when those ghouls alnost die they get 10 aboms. Man u would get wasted so bad dude It would be SOOOOO unbalanced in my view

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:49 PM
Post #512
Gnome-

Night Elf Ranger

i think it was planned that the average of the ghoul life would make the ud, so ghouls really injured say 50 hlth each would be 150 on 250 on the abom or somethin.

vengeance, "Who Knows"?

"GNOME KNOWS!"
folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:50 PM
Post #513
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

grunts? try surviving a tauran chieftan!

no, the undead dont have a defense (i know they have a great static one) but hte money put into towers, keeps you from getting a good army.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:51 PM
Post #514
Gnome-

Night Elf Ranger

heh yea, i got tower rushed once, i was stuck about 30 min in game cause the whore kept killing my meaties, Lol was funny though, my ally(grom? i think) was killing there bases while they tried to kill me, lol pretty funny

vengeance, "Who Knows"?

"GNOME KNOWS!"
folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:51 PM
Post #515
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

Quote:
grunts? try surviving a tauran chieftan!

no, the undead dont have a defense (i know they have a great static one) but hte money put into towers, keeps you from getting a good army.

When i play UD i always find myself with oodles upon oodles of cash. I ahve no problem teching punping ghouls and making spirit towrs. Might be sjut me

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:53 PM
Post #516
Gnome-

Night Elf Ranger

that is a good point though, i can keep creating ghoulies while at the same time teching to lvl3 for aboms/necros/frosties.

vengeance, "Who Knows"?

"GNOME KNOWS!"
folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:53 PM
Post #517
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

well, make the upgrade of fusing really really expensive for balanceing perposes.

well, i generally dont pump out ghouls i usually nevre use them period.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:54 PM
Post #518
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

Quote:
well, make the upgrade of fusing really really expensive for balanceing perposes.

well, i generally dont pump out ghouls i usually nevre use them period.

i dont c how u can win without ghouls... dont u get mad rushed some times while yur furiously teching??? and i gues u never rush then

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:54 PM
Post #519
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

The undead and probably humans need to be made stronger most likely.
The NE should be a little weaker and harder.

And then there's balance within races...

the DMK is the weakest human hero initially, and should be stregnthened probably with the AM being weakened.

the steam tanks should sacrifice some stregnth to the gyrocopters.

the orc farseer is a little weak probably the blademaster should be weakened

the shamen needs to share his power with the raiders and witch doctors.

undead need DL faster and stronger, lich stronger for start, and DK stronger too.

maybe some unit balancing too... like abom stronger?

NE... potm stronger, DH weaker.

hunt weaker, dotc stronger?

ect.

tell me anyother ideas you have

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:55 PM
Post #520
Gnome-

Night Elf Ranger

fuses were free but that would balance it..raising the price i mean

vengeance, "Who Knows"?

"GNOME KNOWS!"
folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:56 PM
Post #521
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

If i was blizzard i would cut its range hp dmg and length its cool down that will teach those hunt massing bitches!!

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:56 PM
Post #522
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

well, thats why i suck at wc3 in general

i think crypts are the prime of the UD, they kick ass against flyying, can steal life, and do fair damage+ great defense.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:57 PM
Post #523
KeeperOfTheGrove

Overlord

Quote:
well, thats why i suck at wc3 in general

i think crypts are the prime of the UD, they kick ass against flyying, can steal life, and do fair damage+ great defense.

Ya but u cant realy on just ranged crap as they tend to get killed easily without meat shields. Mass grunts would own yur crypts like whoa

folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:57 PM
Post #524
Gnome-

Night Elf Ranger

crypts are very sweet but i wouldnt mind one ranged, possibly like Um...a rock throwing thing

ps.crypts leech!??!

vengeance, "Who Knows"?

"GNOME KNOWS!"
folder icon   10-05-2002, 09:58 PM
Post #525
Skysphinx

Witch Doctor

Quote:
Originally posted by Thorn969
The undead and probably humans need to be made stronger most likely.
The NE should be a little weaker and harder.

And then there's balance within races...

the DMK is the weakest human hero initially, and should be stregnthened probably with the AM being weakened.

the steam tanks should sacrifice some stregnth to the gyrocopters.

the orc farseer is a little weak probably the blademaster should be weakened

the shamen needs to share his power with the raiders and witch doctors.

undead need DL faster and stronger, lich stronger for start, and DK stronger too.

maybe some unit balancing too... like abom stronger?

NE... potm stronger, DH weaker.

hunt weaker, dotc stronger?

ect.

tell me anyother ideas you have

I don't like those

Seriously, keep talking like that of the arch-mage and you'll get your ass whooped...by a water elemental

----------------------
zOOt says the arch-mage.

I hate the Huntresses. You should, too.

Last edited by Skysphinx on 02-31-2003 at 25:63 AM
Return to Top  Pages (36): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: