ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > SON OF A BITCH! New Heroes!!!
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

SON OF A BITCH! New Heroes!!!  Pages (36): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
folder icon   10-06-2002, 01:44 PM
Post #806
AlwaysNeverWrong

Headhunter

and i guess the orcs can't use shamens because that would make it unbalanced?

Go Always Right!
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-06-2002, 01:45 PM
Post #807
Always Right

Anime Freak!

I havn't played too many team games, but I hear Orcs and Night Elves own all your asses I like Elves for 1 on 1 becuase they are just simply so fucking cool Their level of cool is so obvious that I can't imagine why anybody wouldn't use them Seriously though, I like Orcs too, even though I mostly play Elves. Grunts are just so powerful it borders on ridiculousity...especialy with their Berserker upgrade.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-06-2002, 01:52 PM
Post #808
deathofspam

Arch Druid

well, for pure, crushing strength, you really can't beat a UD Orc mix, since they are both so damage focused. Aboms with plauge and taurens with pulverised, backed up by the team auras are just insain

"What makes a person so poisonous righteous, that they think less of anyone who dares disagree?"
-Moxy Fr?vous
DarkJesterZero1: your on my "Would have sex with list"
She wants a donkey punch, trust me. - Darkwolf
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-06-2002, 01:54 PM
Post #809
AlwaysNeverWrong

Headhunter

who do you think would ussually win in orc and NE vs undead and humans?

humans and undead seem slightly weaker or harder to play than orc and NE....

and what strat should be used?

Go Always Right!
folder icon   10-06-2002, 01:56 PM
Post #810
deathofspam

Arch Druid

I think i could get Human and UD through it, using both teams healing abilities, coupled with the vampiric and unholy auras, but it would hurt alot

"What makes a person so poisonous righteous, that they think less of anyone who dares disagree?"
-Moxy Fr?vous
Last edited by deathofspam on 10-06-2002 at 02:00 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-06-2002, 02:02 PM
Post #811
AlwaysNeverWrong

Headhunter

you mean human and UD, right?

what strat would you use to beat the orc/NE?

say the orcs massed shamens and orcs had a farseer and the NE massed hunts and hippogryphs and had a DH

edit: i didn't see your correction, sorry

Go Always Right!
folder icon   10-06-2002, 02:06 PM
Post #812
deathofspam

Arch Druid

hehehe, oops, fixed that now

I would first sleep the farseer as i would find him the biggest problem, have UD as necros and ghouls, using focused fire on each shaman, with the dk in the main battle, eating a skell as necessary, and healing units, and the dl supporting with sleep and aura. Have the humans use supped up knights and gunners for the air, and a paladin, who would heal them as necessary.

-Moxy Fr?vous
Last edited by deathofspam on 10-06-2002 at 02:09 PM.
folder icon   10-06-2002, 02:12 PM
Post #813
AlwaysNeverWrong

Headhunter

Quote:
Originally posted by deathofspam
hehehe, oops, fixed that now

I would first sleep the farseer as i would find him the biggest problem, have UD as necros and ghouls, using focused fire on each shaman, with the dk in the main battle, eating a skell as necessary, and healing units, and the dl supporting with sleep and aura. Have the humans use supped up knights and gunners for the air, and a paladin, who would heal them as necessary.

what if the shamens used purge to take away the sleep?

and had witch doctors with healing wards in the middle of their army?

and how would you hae two heroes this early on? (or would it be later in the game... who knows?)

Go Always Right!
folder icon   10-06-2002, 02:16 PM
Post #814
deathofspam

Arch Druid

by the time an orc can have shamans and docs, i always have 2 heros. if we added docs in, i would switch up to aboms and banshees, using possesion to take the shamans as fast as i could

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   10-06-2002, 02:19 PM
Post #815
AlwaysNeverWrong

Headhunter

what if the NE added in potm (has hippo riders and hunts)?

Go Always Right!
folder icon   10-06-2002, 02:21 PM
Post #816
deathofspam

Arch Druid

sleep her as soon as i see Starfall graphics, and possibly add in crypt fiends so i can posses the hippos too

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   10-06-2002, 02:25 PM
Post #817
AlwaysNeverWrong

Headhunter

we should find some people and play out the game (i suck so i wouldn't be good to play out the game)

Go Always Right!
folder icon   10-06-2002, 02:27 PM
Post #818
deathofspam

Arch Druid

i think the most interesting match to watch would be the highest rated charactes for each race on a given ladder fighting it out in each of the different team combintations, and a free for all, to see how they react to each issue

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   10-06-2002, 02:29 PM
Post #819
AlwaysNeverWrong

Headhunter

that too...

what do you think would happen when orc and human combined against NE and Undead?

Go Always Right!
folder icon   10-06-2002, 02:31 PM
Post #820
deathofspam

Arch Druid

NE UD would loose in my opinion, because the the lack of bonus from auras, the human and orc can share all auras,but NE UD loose efficiancy due to differences in attack type

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   10-06-2002, 02:33 PM
Post #821
AlwaysNeverWrong

Headhunter

i agree UD/NE would lose but for dif reasons. i think they would lose because of the fact that neither has any increadable storng units. orc/human combines strong offense with strong def. ud/ne combines many weak with few storng... doesn't work as well together.

Go Always Right!
folder icon   10-06-2002, 02:34 PM
Post #822
deathofspam

Arch Druid

the only real hope the UD NE would have would be to mass enough banshees to take out the teeth fro the human orc assault, but they would still have alot of problems winning it

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   10-06-2002, 02:37 PM
Post #823
AlwaysNeverWrong

Headhunter

well they could try to avoid direct fight by threatening to destroy the enemy base with frost wyrms and chimeras when they attack...

Go Always Right!
folder icon   10-06-2002, 02:39 PM
Post #824
deathofspam

Arch Druid

true, they doo have the heavy air advantage, and that might be the key there, go for big air, so that the orcs and humans would have less to hit you with, and got at them like that

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   10-06-2002, 02:48 PM
Post #825
Always Right

Anime Freak!

Quote:
true, they doo have the heavy air advantage, and that might be the key there, go for big air, so that the orcs and humans would have less to hit you with, and got at them like that

Yeah, but the Orc units could just net some of the air and the Humans could Polymorph others. That would really screw them over.

folder icon   10-06-2002, 02:56 PM
Post #826
deathofspam

Arch Druid

true, again proving, ne ud would most likely loose

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   10-06-2002, 02:59 PM
Post #827
Always Right

Anime Freak!

That's why a NE/Ud team should mass Hunts and Ghouls. There is no chance in Fuck that they could Polymorph enough of them. And with a Dreadlord using Vampiric Aura and a PotM using Trueshot, that army would do a lot of damage and not really suffer too many losses.

folder icon   10-06-2002, 03:00 PM
Post #828
deathofspam

Arch Druid

while i agree that is the best way for them to go, i still gon't think it could win it, because the orc could tank for a pure spellcaster army fro the humans, who then could polymorph enough to turn the odds in their favor, that and a tauren with endurance and devtion would hurt..alot

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   10-06-2002, 03:01 PM
Post #829
Big-Floppy-Llama

You both forgot the shear amount of necros the UD could raise if the human ally had lvl 2 or 3 brilliance aura. In that case, I think it could slightly turn the tide of battle. I would vote for the undead and alliance as being really good allies. I don't really find the nigh elves very good allies due to their ranged units making up most of their attacking forces. They have trueshot, but that doesn't really help the undead or orcs. It could poosibly help the humans if they went mainly riflemen.

folder icon   10-06-2002, 03:02 PM
Post #830
deathofspam

Arch Druid

silly llama, we are on UD NE now. That is why the necro way wouldn't be the best

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   10-06-2002, 03:03 PM
Post #831
Always Right

Anime Freak!

Quote:
while i agree that is the best way for them to go, i still gon't think it could win it, because the orc could tank for a pure spellcaster army fro the humans, who then could polymorph enough to turn the odds in their favor, that and a tauren with endurance and devtion would hurt..alot

True. With all teams using the cheapest massing tactics available, the Human/Orc would probably win. That's why you have to make your oppenent think your doing one thing and then BAM!, you hit them with Frost Wyrms and Chimeras. But that probably wouldn't stand up too well either I suppose. Yeah, Human/Orc probably is just about the best team combo available. What about NE/Orc against Human/Undead?

folder icon   10-06-2002, 03:05 PM
Post #832
deathofspam

Arch Druid

we just discussed that Always, scroll up a bit, we descided on the best tactics, and how to use healing best. go banshees!!!

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   10-06-2002, 03:07 PM
Post #833
Always Right

Anime Freak!

Quote:
we just discussed that Always, scroll up a bit, we descided on the best tactics, and how to use healing best. go banshees!!!

Whoops! I wasn't paying attention OK then, what team comboes havn't been discussed? Human/NE vs Orc/Undead? H/NE would probably own with a Polymorph army and a bunchof Hunts and Archers. Orc and Undead would have the strongest land and air units though, but they would just be polymorphed Polymorph owns

folder icon   10-06-2002, 03:09 PM
Post #834
deathofspam

Arch Druid

ah, but see, that is again where banshees come in, have the tc stun as many as you could, and then possess them, sleep them, kill them, do anything you can to take them out

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   10-06-2002, 03:13 PM
Post #835
Always Right

Anime Freak!

Quote:
ah, but see, that is again where banshees come in, have the tc stun as many as you could, and then possess them, sleep them, kill them, do anything you can to take them out

Yeah, Banshees would be a problem. But if you could Poly them first then you wouldn't have much of a problem. Put the NE forces in from to take the TCs stun, and when the Banshees move in hit them with Polymorph. That would take a lot of microing, but I think it would work. And they would need a lot-a LOT- of Banshees to really counter all the Human Soceresses, so once you Poly them then the Undead are pretty much out of the fight. And I'm assuming the Humans are using the "Socerlemage" strategy in which you get nothing but an AM with Brillinace lvl3 and all Sorc's and Priests.

folder icon   10-06-2002, 03:14 PM
Post #836
deathofspam

Arch Druid

aye, but then, you only need half their units in this fight, the priests would just be a bonus, and then you could take out the NE from the inside

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   10-06-2002, 03:16 PM
Post #837
Always Right

Anime Freak!

Quote:
aye, but then, you only need half their units in this fight, the priests would just be a bonus, and then you could take out the NE from the inside

But you'd have to actualy get the Banshees inside the NE perimiter in order to actualy take them out. But Banshess getting to the NEs would remove their protection and screw them over...

folder icon   10-06-2002, 03:17 PM
Post #838
deathofspam

Arch Druid

aye, but i can build up teams of 40 banshees that just go straight for one area, then posses anything they can touch

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   10-06-2002, 03:18 PM
Post #839
Always Right

Anime Freak!

Quote:
aye, but i can build up teams of 40 banshees that just go straight for one area, then posses anything they can touch

Yeah, that would be pretty hard to counter. I suppose Orc/Undead own in that combo battle

folder icon   10-06-2002, 03:20 PM
Post #840
deathofspam

Arch Druid

and even wosrse, you can anti-magic shell the banshees so they can't be morphed on their way in

-Moxy Fr?vous
Return to Top  Pages (36): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: