ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > Official Hero Poll
Search this Thread:
Which is your favorite hero?
You may not vote on this poll
Alliance: Archmage [ 21 ] polls/bar2-l.gifpolls/bar2.gifpolls/bar2-r.gif 7.75%
Alliance: Paladin [ 21 ] polls/bar3-l.gifpolls/bar3.gifpolls/bar3-r.gif 7.75%
Alliance: Mountain King [ 28 ] polls/bar4-l.gifpolls/bar4.gifpolls/bar4-r.gif 10.33%
Horde: Farseer [ 20 ] polls/bar5-l.gifpolls/bar5.gifpolls/bar5-r.gif 7.38%
Horde: Tauren Chieftan [ 30 ] polls/bar6-l.gifpolls/bar6.gifpolls/bar6-r.gif 11.07%
Horde: Blademaster [ 46 ] polls/bar1-l.gifpolls/bar1.gifpolls/bar1-r.gif 16.97%
Sentinel: Keeper of the Grove [ 8 ] polls/bar2-l.gifpolls/bar2.gifpolls/bar2-r.gif 2.95%
Sentinel: Demon Hunter [ 48 ] polls/bar3-l.gifpolls/bar3.gifpolls/bar3-r.gif 17.71%
Sentinel: Priestess of the Moon [ 13 ] polls/bar4-l.gifpolls/bar4.gifpolls/bar4-r.gif 4.80%
Undead: Death Knight [ 8 ] polls/bar5-l.gifpolls/bar5.gifpolls/bar5-r.gif 2.95%
Undead: Dreadlord [ 18 ] polls/bar6-l.gifpolls/bar6.gifpolls/bar6-r.gif 6.64%
Undead: Lich [ 10 ] polls/bar1-l.gifpolls/bar1.gifpolls/bar1-r.gif 3.69%
Total: 271 votes 100%

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Official Hero Poll  Pages (7): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »
folder icon   01-18-2003, 08:44 AM
Post #106
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

ROFL!!! I just noticed that ZERO people voted for Keeper ^_^.

folder icon   01-21-2003, 12:56 AM
Post #107
Crusty_-_-Gloves

War Chief

ha! take that keeper!

it all depends on the situation

if you want hit and runs go with BM

if yuo want a fast army, go with TC,

the DK is also good for that,

if yuor going all melee, go with the DK, TC or DL

if yuor goin rush, BM FS AM and KoG are good ones fro that

if yuor going ranged, PotM is nice to hve around

for power and brute strenght, BM TC MK and DH are yuor best bets

if yuor going casters i would suggest DK, AM, PotM, and i can't decide which is best for an orc hero, i would probablt go with FS

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-26-2003, 05:25 PM
Post #108
cpu(leiche)

I think we're getting to a point at which heroes are starting to "come into their own." As the game gets more balanced, so do the heroes, and because of this, some of the currently unpopular ones will be used more often.

I'm an orc player and use all three heroes. The matchup dictates what hero I'll go with, and I'm very happy it's not based on some rampant abuse *cough* AM *cough*.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-26-2003, 08:42 PM
Post #109
Khaav Delamer

Paladin

Yeah well... I'm the potm's love slave, so I use her.... errrr more like she uses me.

For Cow-Jitsu lessons, please contact me or Stoic(Now known as Blade). Thanks.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-28-2003, 12:11 AM
Post #110
TheMadMac

Keeper of The Grove, they will own your rushes with Entangle. They also kill early level creeps as easily as a dread lord, but with long range.

folder icon   01-28-2003, 01:36 PM
Post #111
Missle_Man

Witch Doctor

Whats in a zoot anyway? MK is the ultimate hero killer. As far as AoS goes which u can learn alot about the abilities and disablities of heros. BM counters the MK, and anything with splash or area attack like blizzard counters the BM. So i get AM and MK seems fair enough. in the farseer BM vs MK AM I would put my money on MK AM given that the AM has a potion of life and mana. Cause he can die easily. lets say its melees at level 3 and mages at level 1 then i put on FS and BM given that he has chain lightning. Usually not first. And i go other way if AM has blizzard. Also usually not. Sigh but the delima. How can one creep with a level 1 AM and not get W/E. it is simple get riflemen. and get the mk super creeped. unfortunately footmen dont stand up to much in the other tier ones. however if the MK gets to higher levels b4 the FS and BM like 6
he rules them all IE: stuns bladestorm and earth quake. Oh what do i care anyway. It could go either way.

Computer aided drafting is great for simulating cleaning my room.

So the night elf wants to use arrows. Well I got footmen with defend.

AIM: randomtrumpet
good luck finding me on.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Post #112
Thrall-WS

Wyvern Rider

DH ...

[COLOR=Dark-blue]Phear Is My Greatest Allie...[/COLOR]
"You can smell a horde zealot a mile away." -Gaggin
folder icon   01-29-2003, 08:49 PM
Post #113
Lim-Dul

Grunt

i went with dh, but i couldnt decide between him and a lich, a lich is awesome if u use him right, i dont like it when ppl say he sux cause if someone upgrades there castle and mason's than it takes awhile to take out somtimes and d and d really helps, another choice of mine was potm, shit (nickname some ppl call its cheapness) fall owns

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-30-2003, 05:00 AM
Post #114
Jeltz

Demi-God

Frost nova is awsome. All the spells the lich has are good. I remeber in the beta when frost nova did more damge to the target and had a bigger area of effect. Frost nova could decimate atrmies if the lich had a small meat shield. Moutain king was the greatest threat. But now frost nova is balanced.

I eat robots for breakfast with syrup A(CBRT)
Show me! show you! Kikkomaan!

folder icon   01-30-2003, 04:55 PM
Post #115
The Slayer

Tauren Chieftain

Yeah Blademaster!!!! Orcish Pride motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!!!

-Chieftan
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-30-2003, 05:37 PM
Post #116
TheMadMac

I can't believe only 2 people voted Keeper of the Grove. His entangle will own your hero rushing ass! I'm sorry but Keeper just, he fucking wins ok?! Thorns should be stronger though...

as for DH read my other post in the previous topic.

Last edited by TheMadMac on 01-30-2003 at 05:56 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-08-2003, 04:30 AM
Post #117
the_druid

Critter

the TC roxors j00 boxor

shackwave pwns everything 200 damage in a hige line kills everything

folder icon   02-09-2003, 11:07 PM
Post #118
vade

Kodo Beast

Dread Lord's my favorite, with gloves of haste and level 3 vamp aura is EXTREMELY tough to kill

Also Inferno can win a 1v1 against a low level hero (If you're opponent isn't paying much attention)

Carrion swarm's okay...but sleep owns for creeping

Greatest Quote known to man: MooooOOOOOOoooooo!!!

All your sheep are belong to us!
folder icon   02-11-2003, 10:16 AM
The near and far Post #119
Missle_Man

Witch Doctor

Ok so ppl like the dh cause he has immoliation and they like the lich for frost shield. It should be noted that these can't counter the bm on their own. The person could send the ranged after dh or lich and use the mirror image to take damage. some people can figure it out but then u can always use wind walk. I'd put my money on bm over dh any day. once it gets to level 6's the dh does have range so i don't know then. The lich can beat the bm but normally not through frost shield. Instead use frost nova. If i am correct it has splash to the adjacent ppl. if not the lich still has range.

good luck finding me on.
folder icon   02-11-2003, 10:23 AM
Post #120
Missle_Man

Witch Doctor

Quote:
I'm an orc player and use all three heroes. The matchup dictates what hero I'll go with, and I'm very happy it's not based on some rampant abuse *cough* AM *cough*.
I play human quite a bit and none of the other human characters are good as the first character. The mk doesnt level fast enough. And the palidan dies too easily. That's why everyone goes am. Though i must admit if u want to bum rush someone with foot the pallidan comes in handy.

btw in newbish games I do use the mk and super creep to level 6. In normal games I'm about level 4 and im getting attacked with nothing upgraded and just a mess of foot. usually defend will get me through the first attack.

good luck finding me on.
folder icon   02-15-2003, 06:39 PM
Post #121
Soul Bitch

Warlock

Demon Hunter

Bi Happy!
Why gay? Why Hetero? Isn't that awfully boring??? Be Bi!

folder icon   02-15-2003, 06:52 PM
Post #122
Creamy~Goodness

Kodo Beast

I like the look of the crypt lord. even though he's not in this poll, I choose him the best one.

folder icon   02-17-2003, 01:20 PM
Post #123
Thrall-WS

Wyvern Rider

I've been thinking about it and the keeper is sweet as a second hero. Just keep harassing with entangle and messing up there economy, keeper always was one of my fav, but he was never that great

folder icon   02-18-2003, 02:39 AM
Post #124
Zaknafien

Overlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Thrall-WS
I've been thinking about it and the keeper is sweet as a second hero. Just keep harassing with entangle and messing up there economy, keeper always was one of my fav, but he was never that great
Wouldnt he make a better primary then though? 2nd hero is a bit late for harrassment.

My currant best replay.
This one as of 10/20
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-18-2003, 02:44 AM
Post #125
Thrall-WS

Wyvern Rider

When they're creeping ya harrass with just the KoTG(Entangle), they can waste a TP, or they can rush back, ither way they lose something(a few workers, or creeping time).. and if they get scared to leave there base to creep, thats an even bigger plus

folder icon   02-20-2003, 08:28 PM
Post #126
TheShadowHunter

Kodo Beast

Dueas on Malygos

Mine has to be the paladin i can still remenber how many people i rush with him

folder icon   02-21-2003, 05:15 PM
heros Post #127
Adrian_Dracos

Grunt

Dreadlord all the way man! they are the best hero with the vampiric aura and sleep

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Fav. hero Post #128
kiljaeden

Night Elf Ranger

Ghonth on Aeries Peak

For me it would be a tie between the demon hunter and the Tauren Chieftain. The Tauren because he has Reincarnation, the hunter because he has Metamorphosis.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-25-2003, 01:05 AM
Post #129
Grotghash

Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by TheMadMac
I can't believe only 2 people voted Keeper of the Grove. His entangle will own your hero rushing ass! I'm sorry but Keeper just, he fucking wins ok?! Thorns should be stronger though...

as for DH read my other post in the previous topic.

Even though I voted for DH, I use Keeper of the Grove. I find him more uselfull. He has entagle, and Force of Nature which will kill all. His last move is far more usefull than the DH's ultimate move.
I think I should have voted for Keeper.
I can't believe it, the only reason why I voted for DH is because I thought nobody would vote for him.
I wish I could change my vote. Any a moderator please change one DH vote and put it to Keeper? Once you do that, can you quote this and respond that you did so? I can't believe that I actually voted for DH. -_-

You friended me on facebook a few months ago. I didnt know who you were then and i still dont now. Probably because its hard to get to know someone in tri-month intervals. That, or you have the personality of drywall. Except that i can atleast talk to the walls when im high. You were obviously hiding somewhere jerking off when God was passing out personalities." -dimitri583
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-26-2003, 01:50 PM
Post #130
<< azure-draco >>

Shadow Hunter

Voted for demon hunter because you thought nobody else would? Thats just insane! DH is the most popular hero Warcraft 3 I believe.

..and let your dreams take flight......

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-28-2003, 10:38 AM
Post #131
Grotghash

Knight

Oh, well thats what I thought , at that time.
I don't hardly even use DH anymore, I use Keeper or POTM. I only get DH when I rush, but even so, I also get Keeper when I rush. SO that cuts down the use of DH, for me.

You friended me on facebook a few months ago. I didnt know who you were then and i still dont now. Probably because its hard to get to know someone in tri-month intervals. That, or you have the personality of drywall. Except that i can atleast talk to the walls when im high. You were obviously hiding somewhere jerking off when God was passing out personalities." -dimitri583
folder icon   02-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Post #132
kiljaeden

Night Elf Ranger

Ghonth on Aeries Peak

For the Humans it would be the MK because all of his abilities are good even if I don't use them.

For the Orcs it would be the TC for the same reasons.

For the Undead it would be a tie between the Lich and the DK because I use the Lich's abilities but the DK is stronger.

For the Night Elves it would be the DH because its abilities are really usable.

To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to talk to God. - Stephen

Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy. - 2 Nephi 2:25, Book of Mormon

If it wiggles, then it's biology; if it stinks, then it's chemistry; and if it doesn't work, then it's physics.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-28-2003, 09:46 PM
Post #133
<< azure-draco >>

Shadow Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by kiljaeden
For the Humans it would be the MK because all of his abilities are good even if I don't use them.

Wha? Abilities are good but you don't use them?

Or maybe its because you only like him because he looks cool

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-28-2003, 09:47 PM
Post #134
Grotghash

Knight

Oh this is good, since the whole Forum thingy reseted I could vote. My vote is Keeper all the way.

For all you people that like DH( or any other hero) because he looks cool

folder icon   02-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Post #135
kiljaeden

Night Elf Ranger

Ghonth on Aeries Peak

NO AZURE I DO NOT LIKE THE MK BECAUSE HE LOOKS COOL!!! Grotgash at school tried to accuse me of that with the DH. He has really good abilities. Soetimes I do use his abilities. In fact I use hammer throw a lot, but Bash is better and I don't use ground slam a lot. I use Avatar whenever I attack an enemy base. Again I DO NOT LIKE THE MK BECAUSE HE LOOKS COOL!!!

Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy. - 2 Nephi 2:25, Book of Mormon

If it wiggles, then it's biology; if it stinks, then it's chemistry; and if it doesn't work, then it's physics.
folder icon   02-28-2003, 09:56 PM
Post #136
<< azure-draco >>

Shadow Hunter

Quote:
NO AZURE I DO NOT LIKE THE MK BECAUSE HE LOOKS COOL!!! Grotgash at school tried to accuse me of that with the DH. He has really good abilities. Soetimes I do use his abilities. In fact I use hammer throw a lot, but Bash is better and I don't use ground slam a lot. I use Avatar whenever I attack an enemy base. Again I DO NOT LIKE THE MK BECAUSE HE LOOKS COOL!!!

Ok good. Just checking. I figured EVERYONE would use Avatar when you attack tho. Whats the use if your not in battle

At school there are alot of newbie losers who only like demon hunter just because he looks cool. Very annoying I would say.

folder icon   02-28-2003, 09:57 PM
Post #137
Grotghash

Knight

Quote:

Kil'jaeden you logic is not very imtimidating.
Oh by the way, you said that you liked DH/TC because they look cool, you said that in about December. For some reason you have been on a lieing strike for the past days. Whats up with that?

uuhhh, and how can you like MK because he has good abilites when you don't even know the names of his abilites? Its thunder clap, DUH!
Hammer Throw? You make me LAUGH!

folder icon   02-28-2003, 10:18 PM
Post #138
kiljaeden

Night Elf Ranger

Ghonth on Aeries Peak

I wasn't playing the game when I posted that and I couldn't think of the names and the reason I said I liked those guys 'cause they looked cool in December was because I was a nub and all nubs say that.

folder icon   02-28-2003, 10:33 PM
Post #139
Grotghash

Knight

Quote:
I wasn't playing the game when I posted that and I couldn't think of the names and the reason I said I liked those guys 'cause they looked cool in December was because I was a nub and all nubs say that.

Atually when I was a n00b I didn't say that.

What do you mean you weren't playing the game?
Well if you truly thought your favorite heroes were your favorite heroes then you should have memorized his/her abilites.
What kind of fan are you? I still am convinced that you are a n00b, because you sure do act like one. A non-n00b would know their abilities.

When I was a n00b to war3 I didn't say that DH was my favorite I said that POTM was because she had Seering Arrows and I really liked that move on Auto.
I also didn't really like TC, I thought Far Seer was cool because of Spirit wolves, I always use them, even still.

folder icon   03-02-2003, 07:58 PM
Post #140
kiljaeden

Night Elf Ranger

Ghonth on Aeries Peak

What I meant by I wasn't playing it is that I wasn't playing it at that moment in time.

I also meant nubs in general.

Return to Top  Pages (7): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: