Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/thegeekm/forumsx.net/includes/functions_bbcodeparse.php on line 592

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/thegeekm/forumsx.net/includes/functions_bbcodeparse.php on line 592

ForumsX - Lord of the Rings : War of the Ring Nation Rpg
ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > General Discussion > RPG Forum > Lord of the Rings : War of the Ring Nation Rpg
Search this Thread:

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Lord of the Rings : War of the Ring Nation Rpg  Pages (2): « 1 [2]
folder icon   12-23-2003, 10:29 PM
Post #36
the_time_machine

Overlord

yea as long as it fits into the storyline i dont see why not, its just we'd have to get everyone to say there in and what they want, and then spend days to weeks if we can get together the same time on the net trying to balance,

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-23-2003, 11:02 PM
Post #37
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

It wouldn't take weeks... and besides, you have three people here(Phantom, myself, and Vas) that are willing to make sure it's actually valid with the LotR storyline...

Maybe instead of having major heroes from the books as heroes, we should have just captains and generals of the armies/races as our heroes? Or would that be too complicated

I think there should be a "racial hatred" factor thing, where, if a unit/class has racial hatred for another race, it gains +1 attack point against that race. BUT, limit the hatred to 1 class only, so that they can't go and give all their units racial hatred.

Yeah... so... this is a list of stuff for me

-Ithilien Rangers- Zuljins-Return

Ithilien Warrior(6/3) $900
Ithilien Ranger(3/6) $900, able to attack air
Ithilien Gaurd (8/6) $1400
Tree Catapult(22/0)$2200, siege
Waywatcher (15/11)$2600, able to attack air, [if we agree on it] Racial Hatred: Orcs

Hero choice hinges on if my idea would work or not... if it wouldn't, than my hero is Faramir.

folder icon   12-25-2003, 11:16 AM
Post #38
Phantom X

Tauren

I think that us designing our own heroes is the best option, in fact I had allready discussed it with time and he said we could as long as they were balanced. Here are 4 prototype armylists, to time from santaphantom (I hope you like them).

Southrons
1. Spearmen Regiment (4/6) $1000 [2 Pop] (10% More Damage Against Mounted Units)
2. Desert Archers (5/3) $900 [2 Pop] (Can Attack Air)
3. Warriors of Harad (10/2) $1200 [3 Pop]
4. Oliphaunt (30/10) $5000 [8 Pop] (Siege) (Can Attack Air During the Ranged/Siege Phase) (Fights in Both the Ranged/Siege Phase and the Melee Phase)
5. Special

Gondor
1. Pikemen Regiment (6/6) $1200 [3 Pop] (10% More Damage Against Mounted Units)
2. Bowmen of Gondor (4/4) $900 [2 Pop] (Can Attack Air)
3. Gondorian Knights (10/5) $1500 [3 Pop] (Mounted)
4. Trabuchet (15/5) $2000 [4 Pop] (Siege)
5. Special

Minas Morgul
1. Orc Warriors (4/3) $700 [2 Pop]
2. Orc Bowmen (4/3) $800 [2 Pop] (Can Attack Air)
3. Stone Troll (15/10) $2500 [5 Pop] (10% More Damage Against Basic Melee)
4. Orc Catapult (15/5) $2000 [4 Pop] (Siege)
5. Special

Rohan
1. Horsemen (8/2) $1000 [2 Pop] (Mounted)
2. Mounted Archers (6/3) $1000 [2 Pop] (Mounted) (Can Attack Air)
3. Knights of Rohan (15/5) $2000 [4 Pop] (Mounted)
4. Battering Ram (20/0) $2000 [4 pop] (Siege) (Fights in the Melee Phase, Not In the Siege Phase)
5. Special

Moria
1. Goblin Army (3/2) $500 [2 Pop]
2. Archers of the Deep (3/3) $700 [2 Pop] (Can Attack Air)
3. Warg Riders (7/3) $1000 [3 Pop] (Mounted)
4. Cave Troll (12/10) $2200 [5 pop] (Siege) (Fights in the Melee Phase, Not In the Siege Phase)
5. Special

Easterlings
1. Easterling Axemen (5/4) $1000 [2 Pop] (Fight in Advanced Melee Phase, Not in Melee Phase)
2. Crossbowmen of Rhun (4/5) $1000 [2 Pop] (Can Attack Air)
3. Easterling Pikemen (6/5) $1100 [2 Pop] (10% More Damage Against Mounted Units)
4. Ballista (10/5) $1500 [3 pop] (Siege)
5. Special

Isengard
1. Uruk-Hai Warriors (6/3) $1200 [2 Pop] (10% More Damage Against Humans)
2. Uruk Crossbows (5/3) $900 [2 Pop] (Can Attack Air)
3. Uruk-Hai Berzerker (2/1) $1000 [1 Pop] (Fights in Both Advanced Melee and Melee Phases, and During the Melee Phase Both It's Attack and Defense Increase by 2 Points)
4. Great Ballista (20/0) $2000 [4 pop] (Siege)
5. Special

Edit: Added Moria, Easterlings, and Isengard

*STOP READING NOW*

Only applies for participating chimps, biting chimps may cause cancer or liver failure, as well as several other unknown side effects.
Last edited by Phantom X on 12-31-2003 at 02:32 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-26-2003, 04:18 PM
Post #39
Altherak

Tauren

-Realm of Gondolin- Altherak
NETWORTH: 675
TURN: 0/0
RACE: Gondor
WORKERS: 5
UPKEEP: No Upkeep
----------
Income: 500
Gold: 1000
----------
BUILDINGS:
None:
----------
MILITARY:
Aragorn (500/500)(100/100 Mana) Level 1
----------
Offense : 500 (Level 1) Total: 500
Defense : 500 (Level 1) Total: 500
----------
ALLIANCES:
None
----------
WARS:
None

folder icon   01-03-2004, 03:58 AM
Post #40
Dark Jester

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuljins-Return
... And you came up with that how? obviously Resurrection only applies to units that were killed. So, unless 20 elf Lords really died, she couldn't suddenly get 20 out of thin air. And it's RANDOM Units. So it would be something like this:

3 Elf Lords, 2 Elven Blademan, and 4 Elven Archers die.
Arwen is level 4, and casts resurrection.
Now, a RANDOM 8 of those units is resurrected. So... let's say 2 lords, all the blademen, and all the archers.

It wouldn't work if there were only 3 total lords that were in the army in the first place to get the twenty you mentioned.. Use LOGIC. And who's really going to be able to pay for 20 elf lords until later when we can actually attack eachother, eh??? And to me, this spell is perfectly balanced. Elves have fairly expensive units, so they have every right to revive 'em. Of course, if there actually were 20 lords that had died, and Arwen was level 10, then yes, it would be possible to get 20 back. But don't think too much. Just play and kill other peoples armies. That simple, far as I'm concerned.

Ok, since your obviously an idiot, i'll explain more In-depth.

i used Arwens base level as 10, to enhance my odds of removing the spell.

Now, if you weren't an idiot and had read EVERYTHING, you would have looked at Off/Def/Pop and realized Elven-Lords were the best unit they had. So now you have an army 100% of elven lords. so now i KNOW that Arwen will ressurect 20 elven lords, thus her spell is broken. even at level 1 it was broken, getting me 4000 gold for a bit of mana.

Next time, don't question my logic, i went through and thought-out my responses, if you don't want to agree, thats fine with me, but if you tell me to use logic, then i'll just have to smack the crap out of you.

Understand?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-03-2004, 04:10 AM
Post #41
Dark Jester

Overlord

I agree completely with the fact of using any race. The only thing i could see getting in the way is heroes, because then EVERYONE needs a unique hero which time will have to review the spells.

I don't understand how using ranged then melee will affect a battle? pretty much is it there only to enforce a well-balanced army? Tactics wise i was hoping for something more in-depth, if anyone has ever played Suikoden 2, then they would understand what i mean. The battle system was INCREDIBLY simple, but you had to think out your entire battle. It was like chess, except there weren't set pieces, yo umade the pieces yourself.

BTW, if your putting a rule in to enforce mixed armies, then Arwens spell is still a tad broken. While the elves expend just a pittance of mana, other must spend thousand of gold to repair the same damage.

Edit: On the note of heroes. I think that all heroes should be created by their respective Nations Creators. I think all NPCs should be involved in quests or world-wide events. This would give Time more freedom to progress the plot if he had the official characters of the story. If someone doesn't have the creativeness to fabricate a ruler or hero of their realm, then they shouldnt' be in the RPG section.

Last edited by Dark Jester on 01-03-2004 at 04:17 AM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-03-2004, 07:05 AM
Post #42
the_time_machine

Overlord

well jester if u could show me a example of this battle system we could use it, ive never played the game ur talking about

folder icon   01-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Post #43
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jester
Ok, since your obviously an idiot, i'll explain more In-depth.

i used Arwens base level as 10, to enhance my odds of removing the spell.

Now, if you weren't an idiot and had read EVERYTHING, you would have looked at Off/Def/Pop and realized Elven-Lords were the best unit they had. So now you have an army 100% of elven lords. so now i KNOW that Arwen will ressurect 20 elven lords, thus her spell is broken. even at level 1 it was broken, getting me 4000 gold for a bit of mana.

Next time, don't question my logic, i went through and thought-out my responses, if you don't want to agree, thats fine with me, but if you tell me to use logic, then i'll just have to smack the crap out of you.

Understand?

I did read the Elven Lord stats, and I understand that. But, who has time to get that much gold stored up for 20 Elven Lords? Look at the price!2000$, at 500$ a turn, it takes 4 turns for one, and would take 80 turns for 20!
Anyone planning on not attacking someone until the 80th turn? No, suffice to say someone who had the time to get those would be very very very lucky, and screwed if attacked.

Plus, now that we have personilized Nations, they, and Arwen, probably won't exist.

folder icon   01-06-2004, 03:52 AM
Post #44
Dark Jester

Overlord

Alright time. There is a set field, both armies have their armies on the field. In suikoden 2, the unique characters of the game led XXXX men in battle, and gained special abilities due to the units in their group. Each player takes a turn, during this the opponent can do nothing.

The Field-It was basically a grid system of terrain, each unit could move 1 space normally, but if units had flying units/calvary, they could move 2 spaces. Moving through forests made reduced calvaries movement to 1 space, but flying could still move 2 spaces.

Attacking- Normally, a unit can attack any adjacent square, I.E. any unit in a grid square above, below, or to the side. Units that used magic or archery could attack up to two spaces away, I.E. 2 spaces above, below, or too the side, and could also attack any units that were at a diagonal square. I'll sketch a little diagram, U will be a unit, X will be spaces it can attack, _ will be a space it cannot attack.

Melee
_X_
XUX
_X_

Ranged or Magicians
__X__
_XXX_
XXUXX
_XXX_
__X__

Its quite simple, you had to look at the terrain, your army, and try to place units for maximum effect.

The only problem i could see would be making up fields, but then again you, or a helper could design several fields which would be chosen at random. Then army starting places would be also be chosen at random, This would provide the most fair and balanced system.

One thing about Neo-Azeroth is despised was the little amount of ROLEPLAYING involved in non-quest times. Pretty much if anyone ever attacked, it was "Whats you Defense/Offense, i'll go tell you if you win or lose". A bit of strategy would liven up battles. This would prevent people from just amassing armies and attacking. A weaker in number army could place archers on a hilltop, and thus they would gain something like +1 grid square of range. Or ambushes could be setup in woods. Calvary have their offense and defense halved in woods. Things such as these would make a battle more intense, and more involved.

folder icon   01-06-2004, 04:27 AM
Post #45
the_time_machine

Overlord

that battle system is sorta like heroes of might and magic am i right?

folder icon   07-30-2005, 02:46 PM
Post #46
bettytuna

Critter

wat is da site to sign up?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  Pages (2): « 1 [2]

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version