ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net


top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > General Discussion > RPG Forum > Infanile: The Second Invasion
Search this Thread:

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Infanile: The Second Invasion  Pages (2): [1] 2 »
folder icon   09-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Infanile: The Second Invasion Post #1
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 30 2001
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 1,952 pospospos

Ok, for your character, simply follow this format. Hell I'll even make the format into a example... and if you miss some parts, rename some parts, or whatever, it's ok:

Name: Gregarious Manitusson
Race: Human with a little elf blood (kept secret)
Class: Ranger-Priest
Area: The dense forest near Plutosburg Keep
Fighting Style: Mixed: Ranged + Spells
Weapon of Choice: Bow
Craft Specialty: Magic
Alignment: Good
Clothing: Green forest robe that can be turned inside out to be more a green priests robe (some sort of silk lining)
Appearance: Tall, lank, light blonde hair, slightly pointed ears
Social Status: Respected but not befriended
Skills: Archery, Healing, Tame Animal (cause wild animal to follow his orders), Scout (hear things from far away), Charm (better chance of NPC listening to him and taking his opinions into account because he projects a confident yet kindly additude.)
Connections: His cousin in Plutosburg Keep who is the fletcher, the Elven Prince of Gandaria, Prince Le'ney'tan Pry'toras, a small elven kingdom magically hidden in the forest (his great grandfather on his mother's side. Fell in love with an human woman and had children. Humans, even half-elves live much faster than elves.), Gorundius Patremio, Captain of the Rangers of Plutosburg Keep, Father Torun, Cheif Priest of Natalus at Plutosburg Keep, God of Nature, Karamudius Podeliusson, gatekeeper of Qualanthar Castle.
Lifestyle: Mostly lives in the forest, keeping nature in balance, but sometimes ventures out for help. Is officially a member of the Rangers of Plutosburg Keep and an Ordained priest of Natalus, but is allowed to wonder because of his skill.
Personality: He is nice when there is time, but very determined to succeed and will take leadership roles without hesitation, even amoung people technically his superiors. He is a little cocky, but is usually as good as his word. He can talk fast and think on his feet. But he always expects to get his way.
History: Gregarious, or Greg to his friends, is about 50 years old and looks no more than 20. His life is going more like that of an elf than most people who have as little elf blood as he does. Some beleive it is due to his close association with the spirits of nature that he has gained this elvish lifespan. He is constantly trying to keep nature from interfering in the life of man as he feels that it would lead to a backlash. He also helps keep the Dark Elves down and insure that the humans aren't aware of the elves. Although the Elves and Humans sometimes meet and trade and the leaders know each other quite well, no one in the forest really knows where the elves are and most aren't even aware of their existance... they think that Elves are a myth. The Rangers are the main group that interacts with the Elves and mostly it is just Greg going and sometimes Gorun (Gorundius) will go. Recently, a new group of dark things have begun intruding on a remote corner of the forest. Greg wants to investigate...

Note: You can include a lot less detail or more detail as you please. I will try to adjust to compensate for each players writing ability. The game will be limited to 5 players at the most. If you would be interested in writing, talk to me on AIM or PM me.

World:

The world is obviously called Infanile. It has two major continents connected by a thin isthmus, called Qualanthar Isthmus. This of course is where Qualanthar Castle is. The left continent is mostly covered with dense forest with many different forest creatures inhabiting it. It is fiercely independent. It's biggest city is Plutosburg Keep, but it has many other small villages scattered throughout the countryside as well as elven kingdoms and hideouts for other species. The right continent is a densly populated prarie surrounded by mountains except where the Isthmus connects. The mountains house many strange and exotic mountain creatures such as the troll, the Kobold, the Ogre, etc. The huge empire sprawling over the cultivated praries is called The Latod Empire. It is ruled by the Diamond Empress, Crandatia Culanthor, the last of the Culanthor dynasty. The Latod Empire claims the dual continents, but has never had the power to cross the isthmus without the permission of the people of Qualanthar. Hundreds of years ago, they launched an assult on the forest, which they have named Petresplen Forest but that the native call the Forest of Natalus or just, Her. They were soundly defeated by the combined forces of the forest, it's creatures, and the humans. In fact, Prince Le'ney'tan Pry'toras was the young leader of the Elven Division in the Great Battle and met his love there. Now, it seems, that in an attempt to revive her decadent and rotting empire, the Diamond Empress has made a deal with dark beings from another world. For now, they may be under her command, preparing for the Second Invasion, but what will happen in the future is uncertain.

You can play as one of four factions and almost limitless races. The factions are the Warriors of Natalus, the Dark Forces, the Legions of the Latod Empire, or the Defenders of Qualanthar Castle.

Posts: 1,952 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Post #2
TriadSnipe989

Grunt


Avatar

Joined: Sep 27 2004
Location: Uber World!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 13 balance

Name: Uber Sluvinaire
Race: Human/Elf
Class: Sliver Magic Knight
Fighting Styles: Shoalin Force Matrix Fighting, Samirai Fighting
Weapon of choice: Halberd
Craft Specialty: Magical Combat
Alignment: Good
Clothing: Palidin Armor With Cape.
Appearence: Medium Hight, Muscular, Little Pointed ears, Chinese Black Hair
Skills: Divine Armour, Healing, Summoning ( Friends)
Connections:the Elven Prince of Gandaria, Prince Le'ney'tan Pry'toras, Gorundius Patremio, Captain of the Rangers of Plutosburg Keep, Father Torun, Cheif Priest of Natalus at Plutosburg Keep, God of Nature, Karamudius Podeliusson, gatekeeper of Qualanthar Castle

Posts: 13 balance
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Post #3
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 30 2001
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 1,952 pospospos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriadSnipe989
Name: Uber Sluvinaire
Race: Human/Elf
Class: Sliver Magic Knight
Fighting Styles: Shoalin Force Matrix Fighting, Samirai Fighting
Weapon of choice: Halberd
Craft Specialty: Magical Combat
Alignment: Good
Clothing: Palidin Armor With Cape.
Appearence: Medium Hight, Muscular, Little Pointed ears, Chinese Black Hair
Skills: Divine Armour, Healing, Summoning ( Friends)
Connections:the Elven Prince of Gandaria, Prince Le'ney'tan Pry'toras, Gorundius Patremio, Captain of the Rangers of Plutosburg Keep, Father Torun, Cheif Priest of Natalus at Plutosburg Keep, God of Nature, Karamudius Podeliusson, gatekeeper of Qualanthar Castle


Uber Sluvinaire

As Cheif Paladin of Plutosburg, you have closely associated with Gorun and Torun, and have met Karam and Prince Pry'toras. Yesterday, Gorun came to you with a warning that some dark stirrings had been noticed on the eastern coast of the Forest. He told you that he had consulted with Gregarious and been told that the elves were worried. This morning, Torun had come to tell you that he sensed some disturbance in the Spirit of Natalus to the east. It seems urgent that the area be investigated by men carrying heavy magical firepower to battle what is creating such a stir. What do you wish to do?

Posts: 1,952 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Post #4
TriadSnipe989

Grunt


Avatar

Joined: Sep 27 2004
Location: Uber World!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 13 balance

Uber Sluvinarie sends a party of 5 magical warriors for that he doesnt have the supply to send a battalion.

Posts: 13 balance
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-28-2004, 05:15 PM
Post #5
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 30 2001
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 1,952 pospospos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriadSnipe989
Uber Sluvinarie sends a party of 5 magical warriors for that he doesnt have the supply to send a battalion.

Uber Sluvinaire

The next day, Governor Malathusson comes to you the next day and says, "Why hast thou not heeded the warnings of thy collegues? Why hast thou not gone to investigate the dark force?"

"Sir, I sent 5 men to investigate."

"Thou thinkest that 5 men can face a force that causeth fear in the priesthood and among Elvinkind? Thou must go thyself and bring withith as many men as thou may muster!"

"Sir, I cannot for that I have not the supply."

"What dost thou mean by that? Art thou a traitor who hath been draining the treasury for nought? Arrest this man untill he mayth account for himself!"

Sluvinaire is thrown in prison and an interregator is sent to question him. What does he do?

Posts: 1,952 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-28-2004, 06:26 PM
Post #6
TriadSnipe989

Grunt


Avatar

Joined: Sep 27 2004
Location: Uber World!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 13 balance

Uber Sluvinarie lets the interrigator intarigate though he finds nothing.......

2 Days later.....

Uber Sluvinarie is released. Going back to the king and saying, " my army is stationed all over this contanent protecting citizens. 5 men is as much as i could muster!"

__________________
+ =
Posts: 13 balance
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-28-2004, 06:47 PM
Post #7
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 30 2001
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 1,952 pospospos

Uber Sluvinaire

The Governer says, "Thou art the leader of a group of about 100 Paladins, Defenders of the Light, if thou dost not muster forces to defend thy nation against the assult of the unknown Dark Forces, thou shalt be executed. And thou willest go with thy forces to investigate. And for thy hope the 5 men thou sent shalt remain unhurt. Go even if thy must travel alone."

Posts: 1,952 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Post #8
TriadSnipe989

Grunt


Avatar

Joined: Sep 27 2004
Location: Uber World!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 13 balance

Uber Sluvinarie nods at his orders. He takes his bodyguard force which consists of 2 footman and 2 knights,

Uber Sluvinarie goes as fast as his might steed Silver Horn will take him. Along the path he finds his 5 magical Warriors.

__________________
+ =
Posts: 13 balance
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-30-2004, 06:58 PM
Post #9
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 30 2001
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 1,952 pospospos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriadSnipe989
Uber Sluvinarie nods at his orders. He takes his bodyguard force which consists of 2 footman and 2 knights. Uber Sluvinarie goes as fast as his might steed Silver Horn will take him. Along the path he finds his 5 magical Warriors.

Ok Triad, you have two choices. You can either play this game seriously or you can leave it. Your character could be played if he was made to fit the world and you were actually trying to further the story, but with me having to struggle with you every step of the way, it's not fun for me and no one else will want to play.

Uber Sluvinaire

Just as you join up with your other knights, a huge army of wraiths, ghouls, and soul reavers appears out of the army. All 6 of you begin to throw all your best spells at them and it doesn't seem to significantly diminish their numbers. Your mana drains and you pull out your sword to fight.

Posts: 1,952 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-30-2004, 07:52 PM
Post #10
~Crusader~

Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 17 2001
Location: Candyland
Posts: 2,938 pospos
Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Name: Davion Ithaldon
Race: Human
Class: Warrior-Ranger
Area: Village of Tronstain, deep in the forest.
Fighting Style: Mixed: Melee-Ranged
Weapon of Choice: Broad Sword
Craft Specialty: Smithing
Alignment: Good
Clothing: Leather armor under light chain mail, plated shoulders and greaves.
Appearance: Tall, broad shoulders, yet not bulky. Dark brown hair and blue eyes, small startings of a beard.
Social Status: Well liked among common people, somewhat scorned by nobles.
Skills: One handed melee weapons(Primarily sword), Archery, Sheild block/smite, Charge (rushes enemy at a reckless and powerful speed), Endurance (able to travel far distance at a quick constant pace), hunting.
Connections: Korban Glucagnon is the smithy in his village, Blythe Ithaldon is Davion's wife of two years, Davben Ithaldon is Davion's father and in charge of security in Tronstain, Winquill Fareye a local seer, Karamudius Podeliusson, gatekeeper of Qualanthar Castle, Gorundius Patremio, Captain of the Rangers of Plutosburg Keep, Neilechon Blackfoot a hunter in Davion's area.
Lifestyle: Enjoys to hunt and any physical activity. Not open to magical abilities and believes that physical fitness is the only true way to become one with the mind.
Personality: Davion's personality is a personality of compassion for those who are weaker than him, and dislike for those who believe are superior. He is well liked in his town of Tronstain and is admired as being one of the few youths to ever venture outside of the forest in which they dwell. People usually find Davion friendly, but he has a quick temper when it comes to his belief in which he takes almost a blind zeal to.
History: Davion is a warrior of his village of Tronstain. The village is small and somewhat isolated from the other villages in the forest. They have little contact of the outside world and know little of Natalus and the other primary gods, yet they believe that in the seer of their village Winquill Fareye. The trust in his guidings and believe that he has contact with a god named Yelin. The god is supposedly the creater of all and the ruler of all things in the forest. There are other minor deities whom the Tronstainians worship yet their roles are somewhat insignificant. The basis of their religion is the body and how you should keep it pure by becoming physically fit. Their creed is "Be as nature intended". Davion hunts and trains with his fellow youths, all aging from 16-22, with Davion being the oldest of 22. He married Blythe two years ago. She is a very attractive female and the Daughter of Neilechon Blackfoot who is the hunter who taught Davion to hunt. She is rumored to be the carrier of the seer's traits, but since the seer is only can only be a male, she will never become one. Both are very devoted to each other. Davion recently has travelled away from Tronstain (something few people do) and went to Plutosburg Keep to prove his independance since people recently have been holding him down from travelling in the outside world. He accidentally met Gorundius Patermio and created somewhat of an understanding between the two. Although Gorundius is not interested in recruiting him since he is more of a warrior and Davion is not fond of being part of a group. He made instant friends however with Karamudius Podeliusson when he was visiting the keep. He is still at Plutosburg and is readying to leave in a few days for the journey back home.

__________________
Dynasties -The Rules
Dynasties: The Dawn -The First Age
Last edited by ~Crusader~ on 09-30-2004 at 08:21 PM.
Posts: 2,938 pospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-01-2004, 01:20 AM
Post #11
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 30 2001
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 1,952 pospospos

Davion Ithaldon

The sun has barely reached its peak and you are heading home with your kill. You were rather puzzled by the behaviour of the large elk. He was in the prime of his life yet after you spent your whole morning tracking him, he seemed to have just been waiting for you to kill him. He didn't move at all as you strung your bow, aimed, and fired. None of your sounds spooked him. He just stared at you and waited to die. Yelin must have wanted you to catch him and be home early.

As you are considering the oddities of your hunt, you hear an odd scream from the direction of Winquill's hut. You drop your elk and run through the dense forest as lightly as a deer. You arrive and see the smoke coming from the chimney and the door firmly locked. You knock on the old red oak door and out come the words, "Leave me alone. I must consider this." The voice is quite distinctively that of your seer so you decide he must be fine and jog back towards your elk. Before you reach it, you stop and scout. The signs say you had an entourage of animals following you, perhaps hoping to get a scrap of meat. However, when you reach the elk, it is strangely untouched, again as if Yelin was favouring you.

You come into town, carrying the large elk over your shoulder, and everyone is strangely silent. No one comments on the early hour, the large kill, or even offers to help you carry it as the normally would. They avert their glance from you as if they were scared to see you or talk to you. You wonder if someone has died. However, before you go to see your wife, you must skin and otherwise prepare the meat for cooking. When you enter your house, your wife seems completely normal and except that she doesn't comment on the early hour. She says hello and kisses you on the cheek, her traditional greeting after a successful days hunt. You hand her the steak you have cut, and she takes it and begins preparing it. You are about to ask her why she's preparing it so early when you glance out the window and see that the sun has almost reached the horizon. "What happened with the day?" you wonder. You go out to cut firewood in an attempt to make the events of the day come clearly. Nothing is resolved.

About an hour later, your wife calls you. You go around to the back of the house and pull of your shirt. You slowly pull down the pump handle and allow the trough to fill. You wash yourself thoroughly and go in for dinner. Your wife serves the steaming black molasses bread. You cut it and each take a slice. You spread a little bit of blueberry jam on the bread savour the sweet combination. You begin to tell your wife about the events of the day, but she seems to ignore you. In fact, after she finishes the piece of bread you served for her, she leaves and goes to the kitchen in the middle of your sentence. When you finish your bread, you ask her to come back and she serves the elk and continues to ignore you. You decide to try to talk about your recent trip to Plutosburg Keep. Immediately she becomes very animated and involved in the conversation. You both idly converse on this topic while you eat your elk and potato. She leaves and comes back with two roasted apples… a delicacy. She puts down the plate and sits down. You reach for the first apple and… Suddenly, your wife goes into convulsions. You stand up to and go over to her. You prepare to pick her up and move her somewhere where she won’t hurt herself despite her flailing arms and legs. But when you touch her, she goes completely stiff. Her lips begin moving and a voice starts coming from deep within her. It’s not the voice of a lovely young woman but the voice of an eternal spirit. Her eyes open and only the white are showing. It looks at you anyway. It says, “A Dark time is approaching. The land will become corrupted. Unless you unite the Heroes, Darkness shall rule unchecked for eternity. You must act quickly, for time grows short. Only by uniting with the other Heroes that arise may you defeat the Darkness and the Flawed Diamond that follows it. And Beware. Help May come from anywhere yet not be the help you expect." As she finishes, her body goes limp and you have to catch her. What do you do now?

Posts: 1,952 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-01-2004, 06:43 PM
Post #12
Yuber8900

Knight


Joined: Apr 12 2003
Location: Oh, hell if I know...
Posts: 1,458 pos

Name: Sir Krash
Race: Human
Class: Wandering Knight
Area: Qualanthar Castle
Fighting Style: Melee:
Weapon of Choice: KnightSword
Craft Specialty: Swordsmenship
Alignment: Good
Clothing: Black cloak, with white armor underneath. The Left arm is protected by a large gauntlet that can double as a weapon if needed. The right hand is protected by a magic gauntlet.
Appearance: Tall, well built, black hair and piercing blue eyes.
Social Status: Mysterious
Skills: Inner might (causes increased power when faced in dire situation), Guardian (takes all damage for those he is protecting), Loyalty (increases strength when a friend is hurt), Enchantment (using the power of his guantlet can charge his sword up with magic for a short time.)

Connections: Ashley(his love), Sir Archim (Ashley's brother), Commander of Qualanthar Guards,

Lifestyle: Wanders the land searching for the women he loves, takes on mercenary jobs to keep himself fed.

Personality: Extremely hard to approach and has no interest in most conversations. Is extremely loyal to those who are his friends.

History: At birth Krash was cursed with an inherent evil power in his right hand (he calls it Chaos) he was given a special gauntlet to contain the power and has had it ever since. At 13 he met and befriended Archim and fell in love with Archim's younger sister Ashley. To prove himself he joins the Qualanthar to become a Knight and impress her. At the age of 17 Krash was made a Knight along with Archim, and when they returned to their village everything was in ruins by raiders. They quickly slew them and after finding some survivors learned Ashley was abducted. Krash set off immediatly to find her but after nearly a year of dead ends, and bad clues, is no closer to finding her.

Posts: 1,458 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Post #13
M4tt

Gargoyle


Avatar

Joined: Sep 03 2004
Location: RRRRAAAAWWWR- druid
Posts: 1,159 pos
Grimora on Shadowsong

Name: Cynn
Age: 19
Race: Human-Demon
Class: Mercenary
Area: Kyet' Ker Forest
Fighting Style: Melee-Magic
Weapon of Choice: Sword
Craft Specialty: Magic
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Clothing: Dark blue vest, crimson red pants, steel blade right gauntlet.
Appearance: Tall, muscualr, black hair with red blood streak, dull blue eyes.
Social Status: Outcast
Skills: Inherit magic
Connection: None
Lifestyle: Does what he wants and whenever he wants.
Personality: Few close friends, very judgemental, hard to like.
History: Born into the world through powerful magics. Was always feared as a boy because of his unusual adaptation to magic and the sword. At fifteen he became the local leader of a gang. After a pitiful attempt by bandits to raid the town his mother, was killed. Seeking revenge for her he sought out the surviving bandits and tortured them with magic. After word spread of his deeds he was shunned by everyone at his village and wanders the world looking for his father.

__________________
"This world would be a lot better place if everyone was like me, It'd also be a lot heavier."- Louie Anderson
Posts: 1,159 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-02-2004, 12:21 AM
Post #14
~Crusader~

Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 17 2001
Location: Candyland
Posts: 2,938 pospos
Mailpouch on Burning Legion

As I catch her in my arms, I notice that her body is very cold. I slowly carry her to our bedroom and lay her down. Her eyes remained open, so I close them slowly. She lays there very limp and lifeless. I lay my head over her left breast to hear for a heart beat. I am relieved when i hear a very slow and soft beat. I know I should seek help for her, but something keeps me planted to the floor where I am kneeling by the bed. Those words "Unless you unite the Heroes" captivated my mind. The words beating relentlessly in my head. My mind fights against itself, one side saying that help needs to be sought while the other simply repeats "Unless you unite the Heroes". However there is another voice, a dark, comforting voice that tells me that Blythe will be alright.

Who are the Heroes? How am I to know who these people are, and why am I chosen to do this? I am a simple soldier, I am insignificant in any great conflicts. I cannot hold back the tides of the Diamond Empress if she does rise again., I thought to myself.

I look back at my wife, who now has a peaceful look over her face. I decided it is time to see Winquill. I carefully pick her up and head for the door.

__________________
Dynasties -The Rules
Dynasties: The Dawn -The First Age
Posts: 2,938 pospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-05-2004, 01:26 AM
Post #15
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 30 2001
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 1,952 pospospos

Ok... I am going to do this now! I am starting. It's 7:50 PM Monday. I'll be done by 9:00 PM. I promise me!

Nope... 1:00 AM and nothing written... this isn't getting done.

Yeah... see I've got a lot done. 2:30 AM. I think I'll post this to show I tried. And then edit it when I actually have people's stories written. I promise you people I'll have it done within a month.

Sir Krash

You are from a small village called Rodef on the eastern end of the Forest of Natalus (or Petresplen Forest) that is under the protection of the Defenders of Qualanthar. Most citizens lived quiet, peaceful lives in the village, however, to impress your love, you went off with Krash to become a member of the Qualanthar Guards, an elite unit of defenders stationed mostly in the castle as a last line of defence. You spend a year in training and then got the post you were hoping for. You were to return to your village and establish a guard post against the increasing raids coming from the Forest. However, when you arrive, raiders have already taken over the city. A few remain trying to get any more valuables, but most have left, along with the captives taken, probably to be sold as slaves in the Latod Empire. You have now spent nearly a year searching for some way of tracking down the raiders and then Ashley. You easily searched all the slave markets of the Latod Empire nearby as members of the Qualanthar Guard are allowed to travel freely by all, but you found no signs of Ashley. Most of your fellow villagers were found and reclaimed by Qualanthar. The Empress paid for them to "assist in the maintnance of the peace". Since that day, whenever raiders have invaded the lands of Qualanthar, you have been there to fight them, but all you care about is that one day. You have decided that the raiders must've decided to keep Ashley as their slave, probably because of her great beauty, and can barely stand to imagine what they must be doing to her. You have given up on their return to raid again after a year. You have given up on finding her through the usual channels. You have decided you are going to go deep into wild lands to try to find the raiders and your love. Where do you want to go?

Cynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOC
If you were born into the world through powerful magics, how was your mom killed you damn... cliche?

Ok... I just realized I can't do a story for this character. I need his faction/area. There are four places he can be from: the Forest of Natalus, the Latod Empire (plains and desert), Qualanthar Isthmus, or the Dark World. I am going to do a short something assuming Kyet'Ker Forest is the Forest of Natalus by a different name.


The pains. They always come. He can feel the unused power pulsing up his arm from his hand and trying to burst out of his head. But when they come, visions come with them. He doesn't know if it's the chaos contacting something else or trying to trick him into using it. But recently especially he has been hearing increasingly clear chatter from dark spirits. He knows they are somewhere to the east. They are in his forest. The other day, they attacked a small, helpless band of badly trained Paladins and slaughtered them. He considers whether he should continue his seemingly useless search for his father or go after these evil beasts as pains continue to torment him.

Davion Ithaldon

You lift the body of your fainted wife and walk out of your hovel. You open the door and the setting sun glares in your eyes for a second and you can see nothing. When your eyes adjust, you see that the town is empty although just a minuete ago you heard noises of people talking and children playing outside your window.

You ignore this new oddity and move quickly through the deserted streets

You reach Winqull's hut and the door is standing open. You walk through the door and instead of seeing Winquill waiting for you as you expected, you see a man standing there, lit by a strange light. But that is not what makes him so odd. He is completely made from living creatures and plants. His legs are squirrels holding sticks with vines wound around them, binding them together. His torso is a large monkey rolled into a tight ball. His arms are snakes holding branches in their tails as hands. His head is a bee hive, with leaves stuck on it giving it an almost human apperance. Animals of all sorts swarm around him completely ignorant of your presence. You place your wife on a chair and bow down to the floor, awestruck by his aura of power.

He reaches down and delicately lifts your chin. He says in the same voice the spoke through your wife, "You do not have to bow to me. I am here to ask you what you are doing? You must go. Leave your wife here now, she will be well taken care of. Go without delay and search out those who seem to have the calling. Lead them to the east and you will claim victory...." His words trail off as his components drift apart and seem to almost desolve back to their proper places in nature.

As the light fades you see Winquill begin to come into focus, sitting on his rocking chair.

What do you do?

Last edited by Thorn969 on 10-07-2004 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Cynn is done.
Posts: 1,952 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-06-2004, 09:03 PM
Post #16
Yuber8900

Knight


Joined: Apr 12 2003
Location: Oh, hell if I know...
Posts: 1,458 pos

I'll head deeper into the Forest of Natalus and see if any villages have had any strange occurences or have been attacked by raiders.

Posts: 1,458 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Post #17
M4tt

Gargoyle


Avatar

Joined: Sep 03 2004
Location: RRRRAAAAWWWR- druid
Posts: 1,159 pos
Grimora on Shadowsong

I feel a strong, almost overwhelming evil emitting somewhere within the forest. But this evil is not alone, I also sense a great force of light riding deeper into the forest. I head towards the light to see if the evil will try to assault it.

__________________
"This world would be a lot better place if everyone was like me, It'd also be a lot heavier."- Louie Anderson
Posts: 1,159 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-08-2004, 06:18 PM
Post #18
~Crusader~

Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 17 2001
Location: Candyland
Posts: 2,938 pospos
Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Winquill's eyes were glazed over while he sat rather limply in his rocking chair. I went over to him and looked into his eyes. Suddenly he sat up and shouted "What are you still doing here?! Leave at once!"

I jump back rather startled, his voice was the same of the deity that had just appeared to me. I decided it was time to leave. I hesitate and look at my wife. She is lounged in the chair I sat her in, looking very peaceful and as if she was delicately sleeping. I walk over to her and kiss her soft face and then I leave the hut.

The streets are still deserted, and there his hardly any sounds in the air. As I walk back towards my cottage my mind is centered on the man I encountered in Winquill's hut. He told me to gather those who seemed worthy and then head east. The only place I could think of at the time was head back to Plutosberg Keep and talk to Gorundius for a start. Just to get a base of grounds of where to head to.

I enter through the door of my cottage and head straight for the bedroom. If I was to make a journey, I might as well be prepared for the worst the best way I can. I go over to the corner of the room. By the fireplace is my armor and weaponry. I quickly pick up my leather armor and clasp it together and swiftly put the chain mail over my head. I then take my shoulder plate and fasten both so that the leather ties are crossing my chest. I take my long bow and hang it over my shoulder. Grabbing my buckler from over the fire place I lay it over my back and head for the door.

As I exit my cottage I head towards Korban's shop. He has been working on a sword that I had recently ordered and it was to be ready a few days ago.

I walk into the shop and notice that he isn't at his anvil like usual. I see a note propped on it however. It read:

Davion,
I have left for the week, your sword is ready and is sitting in it's sheath next to the stool by the fireplace. It is an excellent weapon and will last quite some time. I used a special metal that I was saving for a certain project that was impossible to complete, so I decided to use it upon your sword since you are my best customer and almost a son to me. Enjoy the sword!
Regards,
Korban


I look over by the fireplace. Set against the stool is a leather sheath and a broad sword in it. I take the sword out and observe its fine quality and the craftmanship. Korban has really outdone himself this time.

I leave the shop and notice once again that no one is in the streets. No one will know that I have left this time.

I begin to jog out of the village, once I pass the small fence that encloses it, I begin to take long strides as I head in the direction of Plutosberg.

__________________
Dynasties -The Rules
Dynasties: The Dawn -The First Age
Posts: 2,938 pospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-19-2004, 05:02 PM
Post #19
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 30 2001
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 1,952 pospospos

Sorry I took a week off for fall break... but here's the update:

Sir Krash

You head into the forest, stopping at every village to interview people. All the villagers you meet speak of horrendous attacks that took place about a year ago, slightly after your Ashley was taken. From that, it seems that the raiders landed near your village and then headed west into the forest. Each village you come to is less abandoned and has been more successful in fighting off the raiders. No villager mentions seeing any captives following the raiders so it seems that the raiders had some means of sending capitives to Latod without crossing the intervening distance. Finally you come to a big village. You begin to interview people and they all tell you to go to the Council. You reach the Council and after they interview you about your purposes, they explain that the village surrounded and captured the raiders. They then interrogated them and found they were Priests of the Dark Lord. Their purpose was to create chaos. They sent all captives unconcious through a Dark Portal to Latod to a slave master to be sold as slaves. Although they had no personal aquantance with the slave master they knew he worked for the Empress and beleived that they had been hired out to her. After delivering this message, they all were taken by the Dark Lord. What is your reaction to this news?

Cynn

At full speed Cynn gallops into the forest and towards the light he feels. He hopes that in it lies redemption from the chaos and the crimes he has commited. As he approaches, his head begins to burn. He feels almost feverish. But he pushes himself ever onward. Soon he begins to catch glimpses of a burning whiteness in the forest. Finally, he catches up to the figure and and as the the burning overwhelms him and begins to clear sees that it is....

(note: Please do not make this into a new non-player character and not one of the existing players. If you need help, contact me.)

Davion Ithaldon

As you near a bend in the road you begin to have a bad feeling. You know that the roads are usually under a pact and have some wards of some sort protecting them, but something doesn't feel right. You slow your jog to listed to the sounds of nature and find they are strangely absent. Something is definately amiss, but you can't yet tell what. What do you do?

Last edited by Thorn969 on 10-20-2004 at 01:32 AM.
Posts: 1,952 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-20-2004, 02:00 AM
Post #20
~Crusader~

Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 17 2001
Location: Candyland
Posts: 2,938 pospos
Mailpouch on Burning Legion

I slowly lower myslef to the path. I inspect the path for any irregular markings and smell the dirt. There is no scent and no distictive footprints. Of what tracks there are, they are only animal tracks and old tracks from days before.

I look around cautiously and still notice that the sounds of the forest are still dimmed. I notice a large boulder near the bend and go behind it. I carefully look around the boulder to the path that was previously blinded. A large ogre is standing on the path opposite of the boulder. I am very surprised since ogres aren't common to my lands. Something must have driven it in here. He has a gigantic body and a small head. He carried what seemed to be half a tree for a club and was wearing nothing except for a small loin cloth which didn't acheive its purpose.

"No wonder he didn't hear me, hes a bluntheaded ogre," I thought to myself, "I'm not sure if I should attack him, but he is blocking my path and the wards seem to be negated. Therefore a little practice can't hurt."

I slowly take my bow off my shoulder. Reaching for my quiver to fit an arrow I notice that it is missing.

"Idiot!" I muttered to myself.

The ogre made an inquisitive sound.

Dropping my bow and reprimanding myself, I unsheath my sword and fix my buckler and prepare for the worst as I hear the rumbling footsteps of the orge.

__________________
Dynasties -The Rules
Dynasties: The Dawn -The First Age
Posts: 2,938 pospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-22-2004, 05:01 PM
Post #21
Yuber8900

Knight


Joined: Apr 12 2003
Location: Oh, hell if I know...
Posts: 1,458 pos

I feel endless amounts of anger

"Thank You good sirs this is the best lead I've had" I say

I quickly walk out of the village and back into the forest and start heading in the direction of the Empire.

"Those bastards will pay I'll take apart every inch of the Empire for what they have done" I mutter to myself.

I start walking back along the path I came but notice the forest has gone unatrually quieter then normal.

Posts: 1,458 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-24-2004, 10:27 AM
Post #22
M4tt

Gargoyle


Avatar

Joined: Sep 03 2004
Location: RRRRAAAAWWWR- druid
Posts: 1,159 pos
Grimora on Shadowsong

I watch as the knight leaves the village. The forest is ever quit, which gives away my presence. I have my two daggers in hand, I lower myself down to the ground being ever quit.
"Who are you, and what, are you doing in my forest," I say holding a fighting position. "Leave or you'll die."

__________________
"This world would be a lot better place if everyone was like me, It'd also be a lot heavier."- Louie Anderson
Posts: 1,159 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Post #23
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 30 2001
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 1,952 pospospos

Davion Ithaldon

Tharg Gragnush, soon to be cheif of his tribe, is the Ogre blocking your path. He slayed the Cheiftain and the Elders during their meeting and everyone has acknologed his great power and potential. Now he must slay a human and bring back his head so he becomes a true Elder and has the right to claim the position. He has come far outside his tribal range hunting because the humans of the West are reputed to be soft. He wants to win prestige for his tribe by slaying a Ranger of the East, the hardest Men to kill. Before leaving his tribal lands, he gained the blessings of his tribe to allow him hunt in the dangerous forest of the East. These blessings are raw magic that allows him to trample wherever he pleases. He has slain many animals and walked through various wards and around cities, searching for a powerful Ranger. He has killed several lesser Men that he ran into. About an hour ago, he stopped on a path to see if any Rangers would come by. As he waited he caught his breath and prepared his weapon for battle. After waiting for a while in perfect silence, he hears a sound very nearby. He runs toward it, knowing it must be one of the great Rangers to be so silent. As he stampedes around the boulder, he prepares his club to strike. A second later, he spots the Man, dressed in the colors of the woods and holding a sword and buckler and...

What happens next?

Sir Krash

Suddenly you here a sound and see a figure move out of the shadows. Although you can't tell what weapons it has, you can tell it is ready to kill you. It says, "Who are you, and what, are you doing in my forest?"

"Leave or you'll die."

What's your response?

Cynn

Figure out some reasonable way to hold your conversation with Sir Krash. If you both want, I can write it for you, but you have to give me an outline of the points you want to make.

Last edited by Thorn969 on 10-29-2004 at 02:34 AM.
Posts: 1,952 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Post #24
Yuber8900

Knight


Joined: Apr 12 2003
Location: Oh, hell if I know...
Posts: 1,458 pos

Why did he have to run into me we both joined this game to kill each other!

We are brothers.

Posts: 1,458 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-07-2004, 12:56 PM
Post #25
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 30 2001
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 1,952 pospospos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900
Why did he have to run into me we both joined this game to kill each other!

We are brothers.


Well... the way you two were writing your last posts, I saw nothing else to do than have you run into each other.

And why would you want to kill each other?

Posts: 1,952 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Post #26
Yuber8900

Knight


Joined: Apr 12 2003
Location: Oh, hell if I know...
Posts: 1,458 pos

We're arch enemies in everything we do completely different in just about every way, shap,e form, and action.

Posts: 1,458 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-13-2004, 01:13 AM
Post #27
~Crusader~

Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 17 2001
Location: Candyland
Posts: 2,938 pospos
Mailpouch on Burning Legion

The ogre rounded the corner faster than I expected. I was stunned at first when I got a good look at him. He stood atleast fifteen feet tall, mostly torso as his trunk-like legs were very short. The ogre let out a fearsome roar and began to run towards me. I began to backpedal, quite aware that a large oak stood behind me. As the ogre charged, I feel the tree behind me. He is within arms reach of me now as I dive to the left clearing and hear a large thump as the ogre collides with the tree. I smile and look over my shoulder. My smile soon evaporates however, the tree now has a large dent in it, and the ogre slowly shakes his head and stands up.

He is very close to me now, and he raises his club and slams it to the ground as I roll to safety. I hastily get up and attempt to run to his right side. However he sees me and quickly turns and throws a punch which lands squarely in my stomach. I am thrown back about five feet and somewhat dizzy from the punch. I gasp for air in ragged drawls. The ogre comes towards me, his wide hand stretched to grasp my head. Fumbling around, I manage to find the hilt of my sword and make a quick slash at the monster's hand. Howling in pain, the ogre withdraws and winces as red blood gushes from the fresh wound. The ogre's eyes meet mine, and I notice them begin to turn red. Whipping back his head he lets out a enraged cry and then begins to slowly walk towards me.

I pick up my buckler and act as if I am going to take the blow he is about to deliver. The ogre smiles and swings his club hard at my face. I quickly duck as the club flys harmlessly above my head. Quickly I rebound and lunged towards him, sword in hand. The ogre's swing was so hard that he looses his footing and falls down, allowing me to jump up onto his gut. I turn my sword to stab deep into his bowels, yet he quickly smacks me with his injured hand and I fall off. Rolling away from him, I get up and begin to charge towards him. I begin to pick up huge amounts of speed and crash into the ogre's club.

Blackness is all I see until I am revived and notice that something is tugging at my leg. The ogre has my leg in his massive hand and is beginning to pick me up. As he drags me from the ground I manage to grab my sword. Calling up all of my energy, I flip up and slice at the wrist which has my leg entwined. The ogre quickly drops me as he howls in pain at his once again injured hand. He takes a few gigantic steps back, still favoring his hand. I see this as my opportunity. I quickly sprint to the ogre and dive between his legs. Closing my eyes from the digusting deed, I lift my sword over my head and slice his loins.

The ogre is in complete rage. The indescribable pain he experiences causes him to stumble over me and fall down, thankfully to one side and not ontop of me. I spit the blood from my mouth and go to the ogre's legs. I slice the back of his knees, crippling him.

I stand back and look at the beast. Blood is pouring from his hand and legs. His loins are seeping out intestines and ichor. The ogre is screaming in pain. Feeling not at all sorry for the creature I move to his head. Seeing his end near. The ogre trys to grab me, but i quickly bash away his hand with my buckler and the cut the hand right off.

I am astonished at this. This sword and slice through bone!

Regaining my composure I move towards the ogre and lifted my sword to stab through his temple. The ogre does his best to bite me, but I kick him quickly in the teeth, furthering his pain. Then deciding that this was enough, I thrust the blade deep into his skull, successfully ending the battle.

The ogre lies dead. I feel very light headed and sit down for a moment. I put my finger into my mouth and see that I have bit my cheek, causing my mouth to bleed. Other than some soreness, I should come out of this rather well. Not bad for the first ogre that I have fought.

__________________
Dynasties -The Rules
Dynasties: The Dawn -The First Age
Posts: 2,938 pospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-03-2004, 12:47 AM
Post #28
~Crusader~

Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 17 2001
Location: Candyland
Posts: 2,938 pospos
Mailpouch on Burning Legion

I attempt to stand up, but a dizzy, clouded head forces me to sit down. The ogre's club gave me a good stun, perhaps even a light concussion at worst. As I sat down, next to the reeking body of the ogre, I reflected on the battle. I seemed foolish when I thought about it, I could have just hidden from the ogre. But that would be denying my courage along with my own self image. I could have been faster, but my strikes would have been careless and not done as much good.

The wind picks up, giving me a better smell of the corpse. I wince and turn to the foliage and empty the contents of my stomach. Gasping for breath with tears flooding my eyes, I prepare myself for another phase. However, the anticipation dies down, and my stomach becomes calm.

Wiping the vomit off my lips I approach the dead body and search the contents that the ogre was carrying. The club was about my size and impossible for me to pick up, being half a tree as it was. I opened up a small pouch (to the ogre atleast perhaps not to me)which contained a few parchments.

"I never knew Ogres knew how to read and write," I exclaim out loud.

I am unable to decipher the large letter-like symbols, so I search deeper into the pouch. I find a few scraps of raw meat which stain my hands with blood, disgusting as they may be, they might make a good meal on the way to Plutosburg. I finally dump out the rest of the contents finding a few small vials containing interesting concoctions. I put those along with the parchment into the pouch of my pack, while tying the meat to the back of my pack. Feeling somewhat better I stand up and retrieve my sword from the Ogre's head and wipe it against the long grass, leaving a dark blood stain. Sheathing the sword, I fling the buckler against my back. I notice a crack in my shoulder plate. Sighing heavily because the prices of repairs are expensive in Plutosburg, I begin to once again run in its direction. I swiftly pick up my bow where I dropped it and continued on my way.

It is a three day run to Plutosburg. This should be plenty of exercise.

Trees fly by as I quickly dash through the forest. I am much more aware than I was because of the ogre. The wards may be down and who knows what could be in this forest now. The sun reached its climax long ago, and when it did, I was hunting for supper with my wife. Before all of this happened. It was close to being the mid of night I believed, but the sky was very overcast and I couldn't judge the time by it. I figured if I slept for three hours, that would give me enough rest and half an hour for nourishment in the morning to make it without have losing much time. I find a small clearing with a small creek meandering through it. I was my hands and face in the water, cleansing myself of the ichor from the battle.

After relieving myself I lay down, my head propped against my backpack and quickly fall asleep to the sounds of the forest.

__________________
Dynasties -The Rules
Dynasties: The Dawn -The First Age
Posts: 2,938 pospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-12-2004, 09:04 PM
Post #29
~Crusader~

Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 17 2001
Location: Candyland
Posts: 2,938 pospos
Mailpouch on Burning Legion

I shook myself awake about three hours later. It was the middle of the night now, I could tell because of the silence of the birds and the lauds of the many insects in the forest. I lay still for a few minutes, listening to the forest for any strang noises or abnormalities. After concluding that I was safe I arose and stretched my legs and cracked my back. I began to feel rejuvanated and walked to the stream and washed my face. The cold water flowed down my face. Its refreshing embrace started to wake my body.

I stay knelt down, thinking of my next moves. I still had a three day journey ahead of me. If I made good time, I could be in Plutosburg by the next day. Given of course that I didn't run into any more ogres.

I gather up my belongings and begin to slowly jog from the clearing. Finding the road again, I begin to dash through the forest. I feel very fresh and I can tell already that I will be able to run a good distance without stopping today. I can make it until later tonight to eat, I had enough to drink to keep me going for some time.

As trees flew by, my mind was racing along with me.

I can't believe I am doing this, I say to myself, This is foolish. I must have been insane to take a quest like this. I am not someone to be relied on. All I want is to live how I have been living, I don't want any part in some diety's game. How do I know that I wasn't hallucinating? I could have gone into a stupor and not understood what was happening. I could be with Blythe. I could be holding her right now, listening to her soft breathing as she sleeps.

As I ran, memories of my wife flood into my head. I recall times that were just barely in the past, but now feel as if they are long gone. I can invision her peaceful composure as she rests. Holding her warm, soft body in my arms as I lie awake, just looking at her. Her long brown hair flows down to her pillow, enveloping it. As she turns over in her sleep, I can see her delicate face. The soft cheeks and closed eyes. Her long eyelashes are perfectly aligned surronding her wide eyes. Her small mouth is slightly open emitting long exhales. She then turns towards me and wraps her arms around my neck and a small smile now appears upon her face while she is dreaming. It must be a good dream.

I come to my senses realizing that I have stopped running and slowed down to a walk. Not knowing how far I have gone, I observe my surrondings. As everything in the forest, it looks as if I have gained very little progress, but as I look towards the sky, the clouds are clearing and I see the sun.

It is almost midday! I think to myself, How could I have run without paying attention?

Bewildered I begin to run, but this time I am determined to keep my mind awake. I was lucky enough not to run into anything, but even luckier not to run into someone.

__________________
Dynasties -The Rules
Dynasties: The Dawn -The First Age
Posts: 2,938 pospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Post #30
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 30 2001
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 1,952 pospospos

You continue to jog towards Plutosburg.

As your mind clears from it's wonderings, you realize you can hear footsteps coming from far ahead. You slow down and are able to tell that the sounds are likely coming from a lone man, probably a ranger. You want to beleive it is one of Gorundius's men, but cannot be sure. Do you stay on the trail to meet him, or hide off the trail until you have verified his identity?

OOC: You can if you'd like just make the decision or have you meet someone and fight or begin a conversation

Posts: 1,952 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Post #31
~Crusader~

Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 17 2001
Location: Candyland
Posts: 2,938 pospos
Mailpouch on Burning Legion

The footsteps begin to get louder as I attempt to decide. I finally leap into the brush and wait for the stranger to go along the path. However no one comes, and the footsteps have been stopped.

Suddenly I get a sinking feeling in my stomach. I quickly turn and dive upon the figure behind me. I look down on the figure that I have pinned to the ground, my knife pressed against his neck. Yet soon I realize that that there is a dagger against my throat as well. The figure has a hood over his head darkening his eyes, yet they still seemed to have a certain shine to them.

"Who are you," I said between my teeth.

"Pull your knife away from my throat and I shall tell you," said the figure very calmly.

"As should you from mine," I responded.

"Very well."

Both of us pulled our daggers back and I stood up. The figure in which had crossed my path got up very quickly and lightly. I noticed that he was very slim and tall. Taller than myself.

"My name is Davion Ithaldon, I am the protector of the people of Tronstain."

"Mine is Gregarious Manitusson," he said as he pulled back his hood letting long blonde hair flow.

__________________
Dynasties -The Rules
Dynasties: The Dawn -The First Age
Posts: 2,938 pospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Post #32
~Crusader~

Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 17 2001
Location: Candyland
Posts: 2,938 pospos
Mailpouch on Burning Legion

"If you had to give me a title I'd guess I'd be protector of the Elves. Or protector of nature. Did you meet the ogre further back?" Greg continues, chuckling.

Davion stepped back, somewhat astounded, "How did you know about that?" Davion snaps.

"The wards. They're human, but I could feel them snap under the pressure of Ogre magic. I worked with some Elves all night repai-"

"Don't joke. We both know there's no such thing as Elves." Davion interrupts. “Stop playing around with all this nonsense of Elves and such, I am in somewhat of a hurry.”

"If you say so... but the wards are now flimsier yet more resilient than before. Gorundius has had much to say about you. He said that if I needed a partner, you were the best man. However, I prefered to go solo. I went to the heart of the forest to see if I could feel what was causing a disturbance in it's balance. Now I was headed to the site of the disturbance. There is a dark force at work. Very dark. I think it is destroying or corrupting the land in some way. Would you like to accompany me? I feel that for this adventure, a companion could be useful. Or if you had another quick mission I could help you first."

“Wait a minute,” Davion now somewhat surprised to regain his composure, “Gorundius? You mean, the leader of the Rangers or whatever? In the keep?”

”The very same. Why do you sound so surprised?”

”I was under the impression that he and I disliked each other and I wasn’t to be considered as a Ranger, nor would I receive any assignments.”

Chuckling Greg replied, “Well sometimes he gives that impression, and I must agree with you, he doesn’t like you very much at all. Yet he sensed some type of talent within you that he couldn’t deny. Therefore he sent me. To be your partner.”

Davion shook his head, he began to open his mouth for a reply but something held him back. Very quickly memories flooded into his head, faster than any rapid and harder than any wave. He could see the diety, his unconscious wife, and the prostrate prophet.

The prophecy! Perhaps this could be one of them? Maybe, maybe not, but I might as well give him a chance. Davion thought to himself.

“Well, although it is odd, I guess I could use some help. I am on my way to the keep right now to talk to someone.”

”Oh? About what?” inquired Greg.

”Well it is somewhat of a sensitive matter, and I need to talk to a person about, well, spiritual matters,” Davion trailed off.
“Having some faith troubles?” smiled Greg.

Davion glared at him, “No, I would rather not talk about it.”

“Very well! Lets be off then,” said Greg as he lifted his hood and dashed into the woods without another word.

Davion quickly chased after him, surprised at his new found partner’s speed.

__________________
Dynasties -The Rules
Dynasties: The Dawn -The First Age
Posts: 2,938 pospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Post #33
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 30 2001
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 1,952 pospospos

As Davion follows Greg through the thick foliage he pants, "Isn't it faster and safer on the path?"

Greg responds, "I know a shortcut." Greg moves a plant out of the way and a small but well-built path is revealed. By Davion's best estimate, it seems to head straight in the direction of the keep. "It ends about a mile away from the keep. But we should still be able to get there by late tonight."

"Late tonight? We're still about two days away on the main path... how is this so much shorter?"

"Travel goes much faster when you are going straight. Let's start moving and then, do you mind if I ask you a question?" They both start jogging.

"No, go ahead. Ask away."

"What kind of preist do you need? Because you know I am a preist. If you want me to I can stop and set up a confessional. When I turn this robe inside-out its a preist's raiment." Greg slows down to await a response.

Posts: 1,952 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Post #34
~Crusader~

Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 17 2001
Location: Candyland
Posts: 2,938 pospos
Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Davion takes a deep breath and responds, "Well it is somewhat of a personal matter really. I don't have necessarily a faith problem. Its just, I believe I was witness to a divine spirit."

Greg stopped running.

"A divine spirit eh? Well, I can't profess that I know everything, but please go on," said a curious Greg.

Davion stopped next to him.

"I am married. I am married to a woman whom I love so much, I would be willing to go through anything just to keep her safe. I can not express the love I feel for her. She is the most consuming and joyful thing in my life. Yet one day. Well, it feels like years but it has only been a day since, she had some type of fixation while we were eating," Davion began to them relate the whole story to Greg.

As Davion spoke, he noticed Greg's eyes get bigger at every new detail. He sensed some type of astonsihment in Greg's eyes.

Perhaps he knows the reason, perhaps he is one to help me.

Greg sat down after Davion was finished. He sat and was very quiet. Davion smelled the air. It smelled good. The wind passed through the air caressing his face, running through his hair like a thousand deer leaping through the tall grass in the summer. Davion closed his eyes and relished in that moment. A moment of complete silence. A moment of complete peace. Perhaps it was the wind, or the telling of his story to another person, but whatever it was, Davion was relieved. His cares felt to melt away, to just fall limp from his shoulders. He felt so young, like a child. Careless, fearless, and free. He thought of those days that seemed so long gone. Those days he would run through the woods. The days when people laughed. His mother's touch and her soothing voice. His father's words of confidence and his strength. Even though he was still young for a human, he felt old, he felt useless and the desire to prove himself was reaffirmed. If he was to lead this supposed quest, this was the moment that he decided he would. Now he was resolved, for better or for worse to accomplish this, because he knew that if he did, he would feel complete.

Greg's sigh awoke Davion from his intoxication. Davion looked down at the sitting youth and awaited his thoughts.

__________________
Dynasties -The Rules
Dynasties: The Dawn -The First Age
Posts: 2,938 pospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Post #35
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger


Avatar

Joined: Jul 30 2001
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 1,952 pospospos

OOC: "A Dark time is approaching. The land will become corrupted. Unless you unite the Heroes, Darkness shall rule unchecked for eternity. You must act quickly, for time grows short. Only by uniting with the other Heroes that arise may you defeat the Darkness and the Flawed Diamond that follows it. And Beware. Help May come from anywhere yet not be the help you expect." -the Prophesy

IC: "Stand up. We must hurry to Plutosburg Keep. They have a large library of prophesies. From the old prophets. I think I've heard something like that." Greg pauses and sighs again. He says in a more wistful voice, "I can't beleive you met Natalus." He sighs one last time. "Just follow me carefully, we'll be there before dinner." Greg stands up and begins walking quickly.

Posts: 1,952 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  Pages (2): [1] 2 »

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread:

Forum Jump:

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On

All times are GMT -5 hours. The time now is 07:11 AM.

ForumsX > General Discussion > RPG Forum > Infanile: The Second Invasion

< Contact Us - http://www.forumsx.net - Archive >
Return to Top

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.0 Beta 7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.