ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > General Discussion > RPG Forum > Infanile: The Second Invasion
Search this Thread:

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Infanile: The Second Invasion  Pages (2): « 1 [2]
folder icon   07-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Post #36
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

Davion asks, "What do you remember of the prophesy?"

"Ah... well, they're not my specialty, but I did study them to reach priesthood. I remember this:

'In a Dark Time Natalus shall call a leader out of the Depths of his Powers. And Leadership will be called upon in great quantities. A company of men to defeat this Darkness from the Deep will gather around him. In this company there shall be first an Elf-man, a Warrior, and a Servant of Natalus. Then there shall also be two to be found from beyond the heart of Natalus. The Knight of the Isthmus shall fight guard his back and the Emperor of the East shall fight on his right.'

None of the five companions are clear to me, especially since Qualanthar has many knights and Latod has no Emperor and never has had one to my knowledge. If this prophesy refers to now, we are in real trouble and must gather these questors quickly to save our forest and the land from whatever darkness threatens. One of the Brothers in the Keep, Brother Remar, is an expert in the prophesies and has made one himself. Perhaps we should consult with him, although it may be that time is short and we should change paths and head straight for Qualanthar and as that seems the best place to start searching for questors. I don't think we'll lose much time if we spend the night at the Keep as it is late, unless you feel we should travel through the night?"

OOC: Umm... I don't really like this, but... see if you can do something with it or make some suggestions.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   07-04-2005, 02:51 AM
Post #37
Darkassasinr

Tauren

Hey grunt is it too late to have one more character involved? i'd like to get in on this action if i could, let me know via these boards if there is room for another.

folder icon   07-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Post #38
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

If we get this moving again, of course you can join. Post a character.

And why did you call me grunt?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   07-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Post #39
Darkassasinr

Tauren

i thought grunt was the leadman behind this endeavor, i'll post a char soon.

folder icon   07-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Post #40
Darkassasinr

Tauren

Name: Lucianos Mordraban
Race: Elf (last anyone checked)
Class: Assassin
Area: Nearly always undeterminable, currently reported to have been shadowing in the southern forests collecting information.
Fighting Style: Stealthy, Quick, Lethally efficient Melee.
Weapon of Choice: Two long daggers and a Collection of throwing knives
Craft Specialty: Intelligence Collection.
Alignment: Neutral
Clothing: a Hooded cloak as black as night, with a rare-seen silver studded black leather tunic underneath
Appearance: Tall, Jet Black Hair, Broad shoulders, grey eyes.
Social Status: Respected by those who know him, Feared by those who dont.
Skills: Knife throwing, Ambushing backstab, Stealth, Camoflauge, Interrogate(knows how to get the information he wants, and from whom to get it.)
Connections: Quel Jaedar, an elven daggersmith who knows his craft exceptionally well, and keeps tabs on the local information. Jack Cambo, a Borderguard of Qualanthar. Dramath, Lucianos' only True freind, and trainer.

Lifestyle: Extremely secretive and cautiously aloof, Lucianos is known as L to his friends, few as they may be. He trusts few and never reveals all he knows of a situation until he knows all of a situation. Lucianos keeps to himself and is rarely seen in public. He is a servant of True Justice, what ever that may be in his eyes.

History: Born in a small elven hideout near Qualanthar Isthimus, Lucianos had his world torn from him at an early age(17, early by elven standards at any rate). Lucianos' parents were slain before his eyes during a siege masterminded by the Illithid. Lucianos learned the value of information and secrecy as he ruthelessley hunted the murderers behind his parent's demise.
One night in a tavern whilst he was on the hunt for the murderers, he let his tongue slip about his motivations to the barkeep, and nearly died that night as the mindflayer overlords sent assassins of their own to his bedchamber. In a stroke of the purest luck, Lucianos' would-be slayers were spotted by an informant of Dramath, Leader of an assassin's guild called The Serabot. Lucianos' life was saved that night by Dramath personally. Dramath single handedly slayed the four murderers sent by the Mind Flayer overlords, simply because he didnt want the competition. What motivated Dramath to take Lucianos under his wing is unknown, but Lucianos took to the life of an assassin all too well, and disappeared one night from the guild's headquarters, to this day, he still hunts the murderers of his parents.

Last edited by Darkassasinr on 07-11-2005 at 09:36 PM.
folder icon   07-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Post #41
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkassasinr
Name: Lucianos Mordraban
Race: Elf (last anyone checked)
Class: Assassin
Area: Nearly always undeterminable, currently reported to have been shadowing in the southern forests collecting information.
Fighting Style: Stealthy, Quick, Lethally efficient Melee.
Weapon of Choice: Two long daggers and a Collection of throwing knives
Craft Specialty: Intelligence Collection.
Alignment: Neutral
Clothing: a Hooded cloak as black as night, with a rare-seen silver studded black leather tunic underneath
Appearance: Tall, Jet Black Hair, Broad shoulders, grey eyes.
Social Status: Respected by those who know him, Feared by those who dont.
Skills: Knife throwing, Ambushing backstab, Stealth, Camoflauge, Interrogate(knows how to get the information he wants, and from whom to get it.)
Connections: Quel Jaedar, an elven daggersmith who knows his craft exceptionally well, and keeps tabs on the local information. Jack Cambo, a Borderguard of Qualanthar. Dramath, Lucianos' only True freind, and trainer.

Lifestyle: Extremely secretive and cautiously aloof, Lucianos is known as L to his friends, few as they may be. He trusts few and never reveals all he knows of a situation until he knows all of a situation. Lucianos keeps to himself and is rarely seen in public. He is a servant of True Justice, what ever that may be in his eyes.

History: Born in a small elven hideout near Qualanthar Isthimus, Lucianos had his world torn from him at an early age(17, early by elven standards at any rate). Lucianos' parents were slain before his eyes during a siege masterminded by the Illithid. Lucianos learned the value of information and secrecy as he ruthelessley hunted the murderers behind his parent's demise.
One night in a tavern whilst he was on the hunt for the murderers, he let his tongue slip about his motivations to the barkeep, and nearly died that night as the mindflayer overlords sent assassins of their own to his bedchamber. In a stroke of the purest luck, Lucianos' would-be slayers were spotted by an informant of Dramath, Leader of an assassin's guild called The Serabot. Lucianos' life was saved that night by Dramath personally. Dramath single handedly slayed the four murderers sent by the Mind Flayer overlords, simply because he didnt want the competition. What motivated Dramath to take Lucianos under his wing is unknown, but Lucianos took to the life of an assassin all too well, and disappeared one night from the guild's headquarters, to this day, he still hunts the murderers of his parents.

So... you just changed one mention of a location in your favourite universe?

I don't think there are any MindFlayer Overlords as far as I know. And what Illithid is, I don't know either. And I don't know of any elves leading a public life. Most of the population does not know elves exist. Although... the people of Qualanthar probably do.

folder icon   07-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Post #42
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn969
Davion asks, "What do you remember of the prophesy?"

"Ah... well, they're not my specialty, but I did study them to reach priesthood. I remember this:

'In a Dark Time Natalus shall call a leader out of the Depths of his Powers. And Leadership will be called upon in great quantities. A company of men to defeat this Darkness from the Deep will gather around him. In this company there shall be first an Elf-man, a Warrior, and a Servant of Natalus. Then there shall also be two to be found from beyond the heart of Natalus. The Knight of the Isthmus shall fight guard his back and the Emperor of the East shall fight on his right.'

None of the five companions are clear to me, especially since Qualanthar has many knights and Latod has no Emperor and never has had one to my knowledge. If this prophesy refers to now, we are in real trouble and must gather these questors quickly to save our forest and the land from whatever darkness threatens. One of the Brothers in the Keep, Brother Remar, is an expert in the prophesies and has made one himself. Perhaps we should consult with him, although it may be that time is short and we should change paths and head straight for Qualanthar and as that seems the best place to start searching for questors. I don't think we'll lose much time if we spend the night at the Keep as it is late, unless you feel we should travel through the night?"

OOC: Umm... I don't really like this, but... see if you can do something with it or make some suggestions.

OOC: Hmm well it does explain the prophecy pretty well, but since we're going to Plutosburg Keep, (or atleast thats where Davion would like to go), I would sort of like you to explain the actual, physical essence of the keep and its environment. I think I could come up with some stuff after that.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   07-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Post #43
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

OOC: If Darkassassinr ends up joining, I "forgot" part of the prophesy that mentions him. Anyway... okay. Lets see.

IC: Davion now asks about the keep and it's environs, dispite having visited it briefly before.

OOC: Nope... doesn't work. Strike that. I'll just discribe it. I don't see a way to fit it in the story though.

The keep is surrounded by a small walled city. The palisade is further protected by a trench. In the middle of the city is the keep. It is cross shaped and actually takes up a good portion of the city. It also easily divides the city in 4 quarters. The castle is positioned so that each of it's wings is facing in one of the 4 cardinal directions. The city is circular.

There are 5 main roads in the city. One is circular and passes about half-way between the outer edges of the keep and the palisade. The other 4 are probably the only paved roads in the forest. They have stones laid down that keep them usable in even the worst rain storms. They lead from the 4 gates in the city wall to the 4 gates in at the ends of the wings of the keep.

The Northeast Quarter is called the Risers. It includes mostly nice mansions as well as some of the richer merchants. It includes one market place which is also very fancy.

The Southeast Quarter is slightly rougher. It is called the Merchants Quarter and is where most of the trading in the city takes place. There is a large police presence in the area to maintain the peace, and they are often called upon to do their jobs. However, order is maintained successfully and large amounts of money pass through this area frequently, leaving it pretty well off.

The Southwest Quarter is called the Sailor's Quarter, eventhough the city is entirely landlocked and contains no sailors. The soldiers generally hang out here so it is still relatively orderly. The population is mostly peasants who have found jobs around the city or in the keep, but have not received housing as part of the job.

The Northwest Quarter, although it borders on the Council Hall, is by far the most disorderly. The part of Council Hall nearest it is actually the Courts and there is a side door for criminals to be brought in. It is actually the only obvious door in the keep other than the 4 main gates (There are other hidden entrances that I know of). It is called the Shades and all the criminals live here. Beggars also abound in this area.

The keep, which I earlier discribed as cross shaped, actually has a larger round area in the middle. This are is an open courtyard where the people may shelter during attacks.

The North Wing is also called Council Hall. The elected council meets there and takes requests for resolution of disputes there. Also, the Magistrates share the wing.

The East Wing is called the Cathedral. It includes a vast library as well as a hall where services are held. It also houses a monastery and nunnery.

The South Wing is also called the Barracks, although it is much more than that. All the small military is housed there, including the generals. This is where any defence of the forest would be coordinated from. It is also where troops receive any training they may need. It is shared with the Jailers and prisoners are housed there.

The West Wing has mostly fallen into disuse. When the Keep was built, this was the Queen's Wing as Council Hall was the King's Wing. I don't know what the Queen did with that much space, although she did have her own personal guard, which was almost as big as todays entire military. She also had all her maids and attendants. Now the wing is used to house important guests and foreign dignitaries. Part of it has actually become the official embassy from each of our neighbours (One area for Latod, another for Qualanthar). Even though we are not on good terms with the Empress, we do have ambassadors in each other's nations. A large part of it is used for storage of supplies in case of a siege. This was true even in the time of the Queen, although less so than today as they did not have much of a city or feel a need to take in peasants and also were less fastidious about keeping a good supply of necessities.

Hmm... anything else you need to know about the keep?

folder icon   07-19-2005, 08:55 PM
Post #44
Darkassasinr

Tauren

OOC: yeah, i wasnt too fond of the backstory either, i'll think of something better when i get time, right now i'm swamped in work, i couldnt really think up anything better.

Return to Top  Pages (2): « 1 [2]

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: