ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > General Discussion > RPG Forum > A Tale of Light and Dark
Search this Thread:

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

A Tale of Light and Dark  Pages (2): « 1 [2]
folder icon   12-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Post #36
Phantom X

Tauren

Gah I can't find any creatures/templates I want to be....I suppose I'll keep looking, unless you'll let me be a Sea Hag (I shalt have good story).

*STOP READING NOW*

Only applies for participating chimps, biting chimps may cause cancer or liver failure, as well as several other unknown side effects.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-07-2004, 03:13 AM
Post #37
Raven Master

Shaman

Name: Parvus Umbra
Player: Raven Master
Race: Halfling/Drow
Class: Rogue/Warlock
Level: 1
Alignment:
Traits:
- Extremly Agile
- Fairly fraile
- More Intelligent and Charaismatic than average
- Sneaky
- Affinity for concelment magics(?)

Equipment:
He wears a dark green cape over his pitch black light leather armor. Conceled under his cape are four throwing daggers, ingrediants to make one poison potion, two lockpicks, a small pack of food provisions, a half bedroll, and his walking stick that concels two blades as shown in picture.

Oh and I made the pack with the demon Shadew (who controls the shadows of the world) while in the service of Jacque.

Sound good?

folder icon   12-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Post #38
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

OOC: The Wu Jin also looks like an interesting possiblity for the second class. I don't mind making him offensive, just as long as it is semi-nature/woodlands related. I'll be around until 2 PM today... message me sometime.

IC: "I am a spirit. I have some healing spells and offensive spells. Fuck, how many other incorpreal beings do you see floating around here," Kwan says gesturing at the crowd. "I am going to defend the light because I am part of its essence... part of the essence of this world. Shouldn't the world be able to defend itself? Oh, and you can call me Kwan, although my true name cannot be intoned by humanoid vocal cords."

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-09-2004, 05:01 PM
Post #39
Pellanor

Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathofspam
OOC:Second class would eb a cleric. What are the gods of the realm?

IC:"My name is Athos le Blanc m'lord. I bring the dedication of my parents, two warriors in the last battle of the light warriors, and the magics they have taught me."

Standard DnD Pantheon

"Okay, Athos le Blanc. Devoted. Spellcaster. Right, ye can wait over there." *points to the open area where everybody is gathered* "We'll have a task for ye tommorrow."

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHANZO
ahh alas ive had a change of heart (I over thought that char =P ruined him) And iv had time to min max a little =P Perfect Spellsword! Full spellcasting and base attack thanks to gestalt =P I almost always think weapons first so a greatsword, Mithril fullplate eventualy, good stats, power spells. yea all good. story bit later...
etc...

Sounds good. Chopped off 40gp as you started with a lot (not that it really matters). Guess this means that I have to write up an intro for you, eh?

After returning to find your villaged destroyed, and swearing an oath of vengence against all that is evil in this world, you set off to the South West in search of evil to slay. Eventually you reach the city of Silver Tide, and that's where you hear about the light warriors. Desciding that you should run into lots of evil to smite if you join them, you head off on the walk to the South East.
A few days later you arrive at a great gathering area. There are hundreds of hopefuls here, from all walks of life. You see most of them are just milling around, talking to each other, or training. You see a fairly long line up before 3 people, along with a sign saying, in all languages that you reconize, and many that you don't, "Registration Line".
There are three people ahead of you in line that immediatly stand out. One, a radiant looking person with angelic wings, has just finished talking with the three figures. The second, an insubstantial being who seems to be made of fog, is just a little ways back from the front. The third one apears to be a very dark skinned halfling, though a little taller then you'd expect. He has black skin, white hair, and pointed ears. He almost looks like a minature drow, but not quite.
After a few hours in line, you come to stand before 3 figures. One appears to be a Dwarf, and the biggest dwarf you've ever seen at that, with a mettalic shine to his skin. Another is an old looking man, who has a large tome in front of him, where he seems to be writing down information on each of the hopefulls. The final figure is a large elf, with draconic features. The dwarf speaks to you, "I'll be needing yer name, why ye be wanting to join the warriors of light, and a one sentence description of what ye believe ye'll bring to the light warriors if we pick ye."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom X
Gah I can't find any creatures/templates I want to be....I suppose I'll keep looking, unless you'll let me be a Sea Hag (I shalt have good story).
No Sea Hag for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Master
Sound good?
Yup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn969
OOC: The Wu Jin also looks like an interesting possiblity for the second class. I don't mind making him offensive, just as long as it is semi-nature/woodlands related. I'll be around until 2 PM today... message me sometime.

IC: "I am a spirit. I have some healing spells and offensive spells. Fuck, how many other incorpreal beings do you see floating around here," Kwan says gesturing at the crowd. "I am going to defend the light because I am part of its essence... part of the essence of this world. Shouldn't the world be able to defend itself? Oh, and you can call me Kwan, although my true name cannot be intoned by humanoid vocal cords."

I'll try to harrass you when I can, but I don't know when I'll get the chance.

"Okay, Kwan. Doesn't Follow Orders. Incorpreal. Spellcaster. Try me with yer true name, I bet I can manage it. Right, ye can wait over there." *points to the open area where everybody is gathered* "We'll have a task for ye tommorrow."

SC2 ID: Pellanor - 760
LoL Summoner Name: Pellanor
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Post #40
Phantom X

Tauren

Last try at making a really unique character, promise: Could I make a half green or sea hag for my character? And if I can what would my character be able to do?

*STOP READING NOW*

Only applies for participating chimps, biting chimps may cause cancer or liver failure, as well as several other unknown side effects.
folder icon   12-10-2004, 01:56 AM
Post #41
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellanor
"Okay, Kwan. Doesn't Follow Orders. Incorpreal. Spellcaster. Try me with yer true name, I bet I can manage it. Right, ye can wait over there." *points to the open area where everybody is gathered* "We'll have a task for ye tommorrow."

OOC: Of course I don't follow orders. I am chaotic . Had to struggle, but I want my character to have some character .

Yeah, bad pun.

Ok... now the second class. Wu Jin, monk, or ranger. I was online yesterday at 7 PM . Message me whenever you have time to talk. I may not be around, but there's always a chance. I'll try to keep my computer on and near me.

IC: "Qwndo," he says, the word coming out as a single syllable, reminicent of the rustling of trees in a strong wind, "Qw'ndo Mtryn." Somehow, when he says them, each word is clearly only a single drawn out syllable. The second word brings up images of an animal hunting prey in a deep forest.

Kwan then proceeds to sink into the ground.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-10-2004, 10:28 AM
Post #42
Pellanor

Administrator

Phantom: uhmm... I'd have to look at the hag and try to come up with something reasonable, which I can't do from work, nor do I think I'd have time to do until sunday, or possibly some time next week.

Thorn: I'll try to babble to you when I get the chance, but once again, not sure if I'll have time this week.

As you sink into the ground you see the dwarf ook at the old man and shrug.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Post #43
deathofspam

Arch Druid

Then I think I shall take Pellor for a God

"What makes a person so poisonous righteous, that they think less of anyone who dares disagree?"
-Moxy Fr?vous
DarkJesterZero1: your on my "Would have sex with list"
She wants a donkey punch, trust me. - Darkwolf
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Post #44
Pellanor

Administrator

aight

edit: Okay, a quick warning for all of you. My OS just arrived today, which means I'll have Wow Installed and running tommorrow. I can't garuntee lots(should that be any?) of time dedicated towards this game outside of my breaks at work.

Last edited by Pellanor on 12-10-2004 at 12:02 PM.
folder icon   12-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Post #45
deathofspam

Arch Druid

That's fine Pell, because my game is just starting

"What makes a person so poisonous righteous, that they think less of anyone who dares disagree?"
-Moxy Fr?vous
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Post #46
Pellanor

Administrator

You do know that you are now free to go and do your own thing, right? go. mingle. RP.

folder icon   12-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Post #47
deathofspam

Arch Druid

Mingle?!? Pah! I'm only here to fight evil, not make a bunch of happy friends who will come over and have tea!

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   12-10-2004, 02:20 PM
Post #48
Pellanor

Administrator

Quote:
Mingle?!? Pah! I'm only here to fight evil, not make a bunch of happy friends who will come over and have tea!
so what, you just go and find a dark corner to sulk in?

folder icon   12-10-2004, 06:23 PM
Post #49
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

Rising out of the ground next to Athos, Kwan begins to speak, "Hello Athos. My name is Kwan. So you are the son of a Celestial? Interesting. Sorry I seem to be dominating this conversation but you don't seem to be the talkative type anyway. Oh, my name is Kwan by the way. I overheard your name when you told it to the jackasses over there." He points at the three guys sitting at the table interviewing the applicants. "So how's your day going?"

OOC: Should I use first person when I am in character?

folder icon   12-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Post #50
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

I look at the Dwarf, "Avatar, I swore a oath of vengance against all forces of evil. I have proven my worth in both melee and magical combat."

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-11-2004, 12:09 AM
Post #51
Phantom X

Tauren

Pell, do u have access to the half-troll template (I know that this one exists)?

*STOP READING NOW*

folder icon   12-11-2004, 12:39 AM
Post #52
deathofspam

Arch Druid

"It goes well my good...um...what exactly are you?"

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   12-11-2004, 02:51 AM
Post #53
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

Quote:
"It goes well my good...um...what exactly are you?"

"I am a... elemental spirit of the woodlands. Would you like to tell me of your parents?"

folder icon   12-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Post #54
deathofspam

Arch Druid

"Wiat, wait a tick. If your a spirit, doesn't that mean you are rather dead, and rather incable of affecting the living?"

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   12-11-2004, 10:07 PM
Post #55
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

Quote:
"Wiat, wait a tick. If your a spirit, doesn't that mean you are rather dead, and rather incable of affecting the living?"

Well... I wouldn't call me dead. I never had a body.

And... I am quite adept at spells. You see that tree over there? *points*

*a flower begins to grow on a branch of the tree*

I am quite capable of affecting the living. I may collect some items to help me interact with your plane more directly.

OOC: Hope you don't mind me doing that... it's not really a spell per say. And... I like roleplaying too much to worry about technicalities. If it needs to be something that'll be taking up a spell slot, I'd do something more useful. Like have the tree grab some animal and crush it. Except... I am too pro-nature to do that.

folder icon   12-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Post #56
deathofspam

Arch Druid

"Ah well then, glad to meet you Kwan. My magical ancestry has lead me to be rather adept in the art of magic. My father is a celestial, hence the rather impressive wing span... My mother has a wonderful woman, a sorceress who fought in the last war. Now I am here to carry on their legacy. I will do my best to fight for what is right. To help all of the citizens of this world."

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   12-13-2004, 10:55 AM
Post #57
Pellanor

Administrator

Quote:
I look at the Dwarf, "Avatar, I swore a oath of vengance against all forces of evil. I have proven my worth in both melee and magical combat."
"Okay, Avatar. Vengful. Combatant. Right, ye can wait over there." *points to the open area where everybody is gathered* "We'll have a task for ye tommorrow."
Quote:
Pell, do u have access to the half-troll template (I know that this one exists)?
I know it does too, and I'm sure it's in one of my books. I'll track it down for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn969
Hope you don't mind me doing that... it's not really a spell per say. And... I like roleplaying too much to worry about technicalities. If it needs to be something that'll be taking up a spell slot, I'd do something more useful. Like have the tree grab some animal and crush it. Except... I am too pro-nature to do that.
Naw, don't worry about it. That's what I like to see. If it adds to the story/character development and doesn't effect game balance, then I'm all for it.

folder icon   12-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Post #58
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

I walk over toward the others. "Greetings spirit, drow-ling and celestial. I am called Avatar. Are any of you familiar with this city? I wonder if we might find lodging here."

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-14-2004, 10:37 AM
Post #59
Pellanor

Administrator

You are actuall 2 days (by horse) to the South East of the city. You are in a large field, just a little ways off from a forest. There's a river a mile to the west.

folder icon   12-14-2004, 08:32 PM
Post #60
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

ooc: ahh then alter comments too:

IC: I walk over to the others "Hail and well met Spirit, celestial and Drow-ling. I was wondering if any of you would like to set up a camping area with me. Are any of you familiar with these surroundings?"

folder icon   01-06-2005, 03:23 PM
Post #61
deathofspam

Arch Druid

OOC: Since intrest in my RPG seems to have died before i could get it off the ground, lets try and revive this one

"And what manner of creature be thee good sir?"

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   01-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Post #62
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

"Camping area??" *points at forest* "There's a beautiful forest right there... why not just sleep in it?"

folder icon   01-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Post #63
Phantom X

Tauren

Quote:
OOC: Since intrest in my RPG seems to have died before i could get it off the ground, lets try and revive this one

Well, I'm still interested in your RPG, and I bet if you tell the rest of the guys that where going to play, a good amount of them should still be interested. I thought you'd vanished off the face of the RPG earth, and was really waiting for you to reapear.

To Pell: Sorry for using your RPG to discuss another 1.

*STOP READING NOW*

folder icon   01-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Post #64
Pellanor

Administrator

Quote:
Well, I'm still interested in your RPG, and I bet if you tell the rest of the guys that where going to play, a good amount of them should still be interested. I thought you'd vanished off the face of the RPG earth, and was really waiting for you to reapear.

To Pell: Sorry for using your RPG to discuss another 1.

as long as you get around to finishing our character for this one, you're fogiven.
Quote:

"And what manner of creature be thee good sir?"

Thank you for reviving this. I would have harrassed you guys about it eventually, but I was being lazy.

folder icon   01-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Post #65
Phantom X

Tauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellanor
as long as you get around to finishing our character for this one, you're fogiven.

Need.....half.....troll.....template.

*STOP READING NOW*

folder icon   01-12-2005, 10:22 PM
Post #66
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

Still interested man, but i got a few changes to make. (Namely I wont be going for Spellsword, instead of wizard ill use the Warmage. I may have to readjust stats..)
Ive been having really good luck with the warmage. Like getting 6 points of damage at 1st lvl offa a ray of frost =) Crazy power cantrips man!

folder icon   01-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Post #67
Pellanor

Administrator

Anyways, you guys wanna keep chilling and looking for a camp site, or do you just want me to fastforward to the next day?

Quote:
Need.....half.....troll.....template.
I haven't been able to find which book it's in.
Quote:
Still interested man, but i got a few changes to make. (Namely I wont be going for Spellsword, instead of wizard ill use the Warmage. I may have to readjust stats..)
Ive been having really good luck with the warmage. Like getting 6 points of damage at 1st lvl offa a ray of frost =) Crazy power cantrips man!

THat's cool.

Return to Top  Pages (2): « 1 [2]

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: