ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > World Of WarCraft Discussion > Post a Pic (of your character)
Search this Thread:

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Post a Pic (of your character)  Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
folder icon   01-03-2006, 02:55 AM
Post #176
Darkwolf

Overlord

You suck then.

In other news, I need Bloodfang Shoulders so I can post how hot I look in 1.9.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-03-2006, 06:48 AM
Post #177
Dark Jester

Overlord

You just suck at life. All paladins are microless talentless child molesters. You have plate, you should be able to just auto attack him and kill him even without a shield. Lets see, while naked using a worn dagger the only way to damage you is poisons and evisc, so no stunlock, so auto attack for the win? a 5 second stun, hammer of wrath, and the reason you can't beat him is because you can't make yourself invulnerable?

Nice dick dude, way to roll a pally you child molester.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Post #178
Yuber8900

Knight

Pallys are the most gimped class in the game period. And auto attacking really doesn't work when they hit evasion and my weapon speed is at 3.80, by the time I hit him once I'm half dead.

folder icon   01-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Post #179
Darkwolf

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900
Pallys are the most gimped class in the game period. And auto attacking really doesn't work when they hit evasion and my weapon speed is at 3.80, by the time I hit him once I'm half dead.
YOU HAVE HEALS

folder icon   01-04-2006, 03:35 AM
Post #180
Yuber8900

Knight

ROGUES HAVE GOUGE AND KICK

folder icon   01-04-2006, 04:24 AM
Post #181
Dark Jester

Overlord

Paladins are gimped my fucking ass. You're obviously the worst player in the history of mankind if you think Paladins are gimped and you cannot beat a naked rogue without your shields. Just play another game dude.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-04-2006, 06:53 AM
Post #182
Yuber8900

Knight

What can a Paladin do other then Auto-attack? Heal? Not when every other class in the game has a spell interupt or general CC/interupt. What use our 220 damage for 300 mana spell every 10 seconds? And Paladin's are seriously gimped, they had to give us two invulnerability shields and an ability to restore our health to maximun and we're still beat down by every other class, then people say we're overpowered becuase every time they jump us in World PVP we can go bubbleup. Guess what you just have to wait 12 more seconds to slaughter us period.

folder icon   01-04-2006, 11:04 AM
Post #183
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

Quote:
Posted by Yuber:
Not when every other class in the game has a spell interupt or general CC/interupt.
not every class has an interrupt.

and honestly, if youre whining that much about paladins, play a different class. theyre clearly not for you.

and if you got owned by a naked rogue of the same level as you using his starting weapon when you were at full health and mana and just had shields on cooldown... yeah, face it, you suck ass.

folder icon   01-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Post #184
Yuber8900

Knight

I had half mana, and 3/4 health.

folder icon   01-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Post #185
Dark Jester

Overlord

you still suck ass dude.

folder icon   01-05-2006, 07:33 AM
Post #186
Gaggin

Arch Druid

Velentris on Shadowsong

In my experience, I have rarely seen Palladins do much of anything in PvP. I almost never get killed by one. Just last night my 41 warrior took on a 44 and 45 pallies and still rocked them hard. Palladins are way too defensive, and not enough offensive. Unless you manage to get godly equipment, you can't do shit with them.

folder icon   01-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Post #187
Dark Jester

Overlord

Such BS. Fight a non holy spec pally. I've been crit for 3k by paladins. Anyone who says a paladin can't do well in PvP is a fuckin tard. Alot of paladins don't spec properly for PvP and don't have the gear and whine that they suck dick. It's like me walking out 20-0-31 as a warrior with valor and bitching that I can't kill anyone. A 31-20 Warrior with epic gear can walk around smashing people for 3k, a paladin can do the same fucking thing. Warriors get a shitload more versatility doing damage, Paladins get a shitload versatility staying alive, they use the same exact fucking gear. Bitching about sucking ass in PvP means you don't know how to play your damn class.

folder icon   01-06-2006, 12:11 AM
Post #188
Yuber8900

Knight

A Paladins damage comes from procs, a Warrior's does not.

folder icon   01-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Post #189
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

When my pally was level 45 I managed to take out two warriors, level 46 and level 50 by myself at the same time. Maybe they were just bad, but any idiot can spam mortal strike, hamstring, overpower. The trick to being a good pally in pvp is: concentration aura, and patience. Oh and don't forget blessing of freedom!

Kuessen Verboten!

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Post #190
M4tt

Gargoyle

Grimora on Shadowsong

Oh my did this thread get off topic...

folder icon   01-10-2006, 01:00 AM
Post #191
KillerPenguin

Archer

ok, first off, everyone whining about the World of Roguecraft video and how the rogue had the drop is ridiculous. It's a ROGUE, it's supposed to have the drop. Second off, yes the opponents sucked donkey dingus but then again so do 2/3 of the people on any other server.

Third: Warrior is a heavily gear dependant class, DUH. Obviously casters aren't quite as gear dependant because an ap/pom/pyro does the same damage with 8000 int as it does with 2000 (although +dmg gear and -resist gear is changing itemization slowly)

A few more important points to note, anyone who wines about paladins now must be on crack. 1.9 is out, your points are MOOT.

MOOT I SAY

Fifth (or sixth? mebe seventh?) off

MOOT!

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Post #192
Dark Jester

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerPenguin
ok, first off, everyone whining about the World of Roguecraft video and how the rogue had the drop is ridiculous. It's a ROGUE, it's supposed to have the drop. Second off, yes the opponents sucked donkey dingus but then again so do 2/3 of the people on any other server.

Third: Warrior is a heavily gear dependant class, DUH. Obviously casters aren't quite as gear dependant because an ap/pom/pyro does the same damage with 8000 int as it does with 2000 (although +dmg gear and -resist gear is changing itemization slowly)

A few more important points to note, anyone who wines about paladins now must be on crack. 1.9 is out, your points are MOOT.

MOOT I SAY

Fifth (or sixth? mebe seventh?) off

MOOT!

Sorry Yuber, I misjudged you. You're the second worst player in WoW.

folder icon   01-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Post #193
KillerPenguin

Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jester
Sorry Yuber, I misjudged you. You're the second worst player in WoW.

I hate being taken seriously .

folder icon   01-10-2006, 12:20 PM
stunlock Post #194
Cholera

Treant

Cholera on Detheroc

I haven't seen the video...
and Dark Jester might disagree...
but a rogue who has "the drop" and can get off a successful stunlock can wtfpwn you without taking any damage. Period.

It all depends on timing, if he can maintain the stunlock, and the attacked has nothing to break the stun.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Post #195
KillerPenguin

Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholera
but a rogue who has "the drop" and can get off a successful stunlock can wtfpwn you without taking any damage. Period.

It all depends on timing, if he can maintain the stunlock, and the attacked has nothing to break the stun.

I'd say its more based on spec. When you decide to become a prep rogue you make a statement, this statement being: "I am really really powerful every 10 minutes." Between that time I'm decent at best.

Ever wonder why most rogues won't duel right after they've blown their cooldowns? Because they know that they can't perform as well as they'd like and a lot of rogues come to rely on them. The same goes for a mage with pom/arcane power etc, or an iceblock mage. I can't really think of any other classes whose performance and survivability is improved so much by cooldowns then rogue/mage. However that isn't to say that cooldowns don't help other classes too.

Think about it this way.

A rogue can stunlock you only so many times before it runs out of options (at least with its basic abilities.) It can gouge you, kidney shot you etc, but sooner or later you can get away. It can slow you with poisons too but again, this only does so much. HOWEVER if the rogue has blind, vanish, sprint, coldblood, evasion etc this is HUGE, it gives them a lot more options and way more survivability. Tack on preperation and you've just doubled the possiblities. A rogue that can vanish twice is a dangerous rogue.

I'd say rogues are more cooldown dependant than gear dependant.

And just a note, normally when I type stuff in caps like THIS IS MOOT! I'm kidding.

folder icon   01-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Post #196
Dark Jester

Overlord

Quote:

If every stun hits and he is flawless in his delivery with preparation, then yes, he can kill me without me hitting him. Usually people don't know how to do it perfectly and fuck it. I only need a split second to hit you twice .

folder icon   01-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Post #197
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

stunlock is a useless build now thanks to the PvP trinket. i laugh at stunlock rogues.

folder icon   01-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Post #198
Yuber8900

Knight

And if you don't have it equipped becuase you want 2% crit chance and 2% dodge chance?

folder icon   01-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Post #199
Cholera

Treant

Cholera on Detheroc

ok, maybe you don't have it equipped, ...
but doesn't the trinket have it's own cooldown? If I play it right, I can stun you again and start the cycle over.
It might take a vanish and a blind to get you where I want you, but i still have a chance of keeping you under control.

...unless you are undead. Then I am fucked. lol

folder icon   01-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Post #200
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

trinket cooldown is 5 minutes. i always have it equipped in PvP. id much rather have it than 2% dodge(though while its on cooldown you can swap it out if youre really that much of a microer).

and yeah, i exagerrate a little in saying that it makes stunlock rogues totally worthless. though honestly against me vanish isnt going to do you much good. as a hunter, as soon as i even get a hint a rogue is in the area i pop on track hidden and start chucking flares

folder icon   01-13-2006, 06:56 AM
Post #201
Darkwolf

Overlord

Quote:
ok, maybe you don't have it equipped, ...
but doesn't the trinket have it's own cooldown? If I play it right, I can stun you again and start the cycle over.
It might take a vanish and a blind to get you where I want you, but i still have a chance of keeping you under control.

...unless you are undead. Then I am fucked. lol

Undead, the race that have no racial stopping, breaking out of, or resisting stun? Maybe orc is what you meant?

folder icon   01-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Post #202
Cholera

Treant

Cholera on Detheroc

probably.
I think i was thinking of Will of the Undead, but that is just a charm, fear and sleep breaker.

folder icon   01-14-2006, 01:18 AM
Post #203
KillerPenguin

Archer

they've so severely nerfed the orc racials that they pose no real advantage anymore anyways.

folder icon   01-15-2006, 07:44 AM
Post #204
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

to get back on topic...

i finally hit 60 this past monday. heres a shot i took of Telzhin, my Troll Hunter, in RFK. i was upping my 2h-axe skill because i just picked up a lord alexander's

Planet_Buster has attached this image:

folder icon   01-19-2006, 07:34 AM
Post #205
Big-Floppy-Llama

folder icon   01-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Post #206
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

sure, flaunt your pretty epic mount over those of us who dont have one yet. jerk. *sniffle*

folder icon   01-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Post #207
Yuber8900

Knight

Do you sleep?

folder icon   01-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Post #208
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Bad pic BFL all I see is a little X.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Post #209
Big-Floppy-Llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crusader~
Bad pic BFL all I see is a little X.

Hmm try going directly to the picture and see if that works. http://freespaces.com/bigfloppyllama/60.jpg

To Yuber, I've been on winter break since dec 17th and don't go back until next wednesday So of course I sleep, maybe 4 hours at a time

folder icon   01-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Post #210
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

im not sure if im a casual player or not. when i play i usually play in many-hour sessions, but i always play in spurts, a few days at a time. except recently when my housemate(and typical partner in crime) Lucy was out of town. then i pretty much played every day for a month.

Return to Top  Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: