ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > World Of WarCraft Discussion > The Warrior Thread
Search this Thread:

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

The Warrior Thread  Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »
folder icon   03-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Post #36
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

my warrior is up to level 15 now and just got tactical mastery. useful talent, that is. ill be working on him more soon, just been working on my main char(a hunter) a lot lately.

i also made another warrior as an alt, planning on doing a protection build. anybody done one of those yet?

folder icon   03-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Post #37
Grom-Hellscream

Horde Berserker

I got a protection spec warrior up to 38 (character name Exterminate). Torture the entire way through.

folder icon   03-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Post #38
Cloud

Arch Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet_Buster
my warrior is up to level 15 now and just got tactical mastery. useful talent, that is. ill be working on him more soon, just been working on my main char(a hunter) a lot lately.

i also made another warrior as an alt, planning on doing a protection build. anybody done one of those yet?

Ive got one, I like it alot. A bit lacking at pvp, but I can still do alright. I dont know how grom layed out his talent points, but if you wanna see my talent build its on thottbot.

Once I get a little higher, maybe when i hit cap, Ill probly decide to swap around to something more pvp efficiant since that pvp rewards set kicks so much ass.

But im a monster tank in a group, and what ends up happeing is you end up usind defensive stance almost constantly, even outside of instances just because it becomes so much more effective.

All in all, I like it alot...as you can see from the argument grom and I had.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-12-2005, 05:53 AM
Post #39
McLeod

Arch Druid

Or you could go Arms/Furry til 60 and then respec to Protection, if you really want to. I dont see why you would torture yourself through entire leveling grind when there's absolutely no need for it. I'm 41 and tanking just fine with Grom's talent build so far.

Last edited by McLeod on 03-12-2005 at 06:16 AM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-12-2005, 07:36 AM
Post #40
Silencer-7

The People's Champion

Valkor on Whisperwind

Oh, yeah, btw: once you get to 60, unless you want to not be abble to hold aggro in any respectable place, spec for protection. In all seriousness, you can pull off tanking up to 60 in arms and fury specs, but once you get into places like Ubrs, Strath, Scholo, and MC, forget arms and fury and invest in protection; otherwise you wont be tanking anything.

4000 posts means i gotta do 4000 chicks... yes, thats the advantage of a high post count! - dimitri

Well i banned suckmyballs today, although he has an enticing name i just had to ban him. - Ultrapunk

Your punctuation, especially the quadruple comma,,,, fascinates me. - TheMadMac
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-15-2005, 11:08 AM
Post #41
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

A guildmate is a lvl 60 Tauren Warrior, hes been main tank in Stratholm a few times and done fine. Hes Arms/fury speced.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Post #42
Grom-Hellscream

Horde Berserker

Yeah, I have a number of high level warrior friends that I've watched in instances and such, and they do fine arms/fury spec, and they aren't exceptional players. If the mob does particularly alot of damage, just slap a shield on, and all the better.

As well, I have an extremely skilled protection spec friend that constantly has to fight for aggro with me. What's more, I can perform well outside of instance as well.

folder icon   03-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Post #43
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Well once you get to bigger instances, such as Stratholme, Scholomance, UBRS and such, it is actually rather hard to keep aggro being an arms/fury spec. I will admit that going protection makes it much easiser to hold aggro.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Post #44
Cloud

Arch Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grom-Hellscream
Yeah, I have a number of high level warrior friends that I've watched in instances and such, and they do fine arms/fury spec, and they aren't exceptional players. If the mob does particularly alot of damage, just slap a shield on, and all the better.

As well, I have an extremely skilled protection spec friend that constantly has to fight for aggro with me. What's more, I can perform well outside of instance as well.

So what groms saying here is that arms/fury warriors are better at protection tanking and holding agro than protection warriors.

folder icon   03-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Post #45
Grom-Hellscream

Horde Berserker

Not necessarily better, but I don't have to completely gimp my character in order to achieve the things a full protection spec warrior can do.

folder icon   03-15-2005, 05:23 PM
Post #46
Cloud

Arch Druid

Im not gimped!

*starts crying*

folder icon   03-15-2005, 05:33 PM
Post #47
Grom-Hellscream

Horde Berserker

In PvP, melee class opponents will simply ignore you once they see they're doing less damage to you, and caster classes will just have a field day with you. In solo PvE, well, that's self explanitory.

Instead of being Reactive, I focus more on Proactive, and it's quite a difference between the two seperate warriors I have, (arms/fury and protection spec respectively.)

folder icon   03-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Post #48
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

my primary warrior is arms spec, protection had some useful stuff in it though, so i felt like making a protection warrior. improved revenge in particular turns a blah skill into something significantly useful.

folder icon   03-16-2005, 07:30 AM
Post #49
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

So I talked to a few of my other guildmates that were with the arms/fury warrior as MT. They weren't particularly happy about his performance as main tank. They have been talking to the protection speced warror, telling him to haul ass to 60 so they can survive Dire Maul and have him to tank for em. Also
Grom from what they have said, and most warriors Ive talked to have admited that protection speced warriors are better tanks, Arms/fury beter PvP. Also grom, Single tartget you have a chance of stealing aggro, specialy if you start at the same time. Prot. specs can change targets and hold many targets efficiently.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Post #50
Silencer-7

The People's Champion

Valkor on Whisperwind

no, protection spec has a way better chance of holding single aggro as well. Mainly because of improved sunder armor, which is the bread and butter of any tank. also, Improved shield bash + shield discipline, which is one of the best aggro abilities in game. An arms warrior has never for a moment been able to get aggro off me, save if they use taunt, and I just get aggro back from them in a second anyways.

Don't get me wrong... an arms build with some fury is killer in pvp; its probably one of the best pvp classes out there.. take a look at this video right here of the most killer pvp warrior I have seen.
http://wow.dreamhosters.com/downloa...file=WowVd1.wmv

and he uses an arms and fury build.

However, if you want to tank... protection protection protection. Trust me, if strath, scholo, and BRS wont convince you, then molten core certainly will, where loosing aggro for a second means the death of a bunch of cloth-wearers, and loosing it for 5, 10 seconds could mean a wipe for your entire 40-man raid force.

I guess when blizzard was making the warrior class, they said, "Well, warriors are really good... so we will give them a choice to be either the best PVE'ers, or the best PVP'ers. can't have both." As of right now, beign a better tank is what concerns me more, especially since I'm not on a pvp server.

Maybe, just maybe I'll respec when battlegrounds come out.

4000 posts means i gotta do 4000 chicks... yes, thats the advantage of a high post count! - dimitri

Well i banned suckmyballs today, although he has an enticing name i just had to ban him. - Ultrapunk

Your punctuation, especially the quadruple comma,,,, fascinates me. - TheMadMac
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-17-2005, 12:51 PM
Post #51
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

My guildie said bout the same thing, He wants Slobby(PvP spec) by his side in Battlegrounds, but Greenhorn (Protection spec) on his side in Dire Maul.

folder icon   03-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Post #52
Grom-Hellscream

Horde Berserker

Yeah, I'm starting to agree a bit. Try to do to much, and you'll fall short. As it stands, my warrior is more a secondary tank in instances, and instead, a PvP monster. I can still perform my job as a tank, just not able to maintain aggro on more then 3 targets at a time effectively. On the flip side though, I'm having awesome results in pvp as shown below. I guess it really just depends on your playing style more then anything else.

Grom-Hellscream has attached this image:

folder icon   03-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Post #53
M4tt

Gargoyle

Grimora on Shadowsong

Undead Warrior>Night Elf Hunter

I'll hand it to Grom, the build is friggen sweet. Especially against rogues because of the 'dodg'e ability, overpower becomes active quite a lot. Plus 50% to critical is friggen sweet.

Last edited by M4tt on 03-19-2005 at 11:14 PM.
folder icon   05-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Post #54
~Crusader~

Ranger

Well I didn't see a pic for it yet here, so every warrior thread deserves a Valor picutre. Anyway, took about a month to complete, countless Stratholme and UBRS raids however. Gauntlets and Breastplate were rather annoying to get.

~Crusader~ has attached this image:

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-01-2005, 10:03 PM
Post #55
M4tt

Gargoyle

Grimora on Shadowsong

I want you, Crusader.

I got my warr to 49...then i stopped. Got kinda boring. I feel like starting him up again after I saw that.

folder icon   05-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Post #56
~Crusader~

Ranger

You got bored with your warrior?! How? Man I simply can not play a different class rather than warrior, I get bored with everything else! Stay strong!

folder icon   05-02-2005, 08:13 AM
Post #57
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

The 40s are a pretty boring level span. You just got your mount, so you probably have bad equiptment. There are a large number of tanks (luckly we are just as needed for instances as Preists, there are just more of us!) so it may be hard to get in a group.

Also everyone hates Razorfen Downs and Uldaman. Can't get a group in there If I tried =P Thus Ive put Shermen on Vacation (Drunken boxing out side of Org wearing only a [Torn Ogre's Loincloth] 0.o some mining in his [Blue Overalls] and [White Linen Shirt])

Ive been playing a Shaman who is now lvl 36, and booting the behinds!

folder icon   05-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Post #58
M4tt

Gargoyle

Grimora on Shadowsong

Me and a guildy were going to fight naked and drunk outside orgrimmar, but he stopped playing for awhile and i got 7 levels ahead of him.

folder icon   05-05-2005, 09:59 AM
Post #59
~Crusader~

Ranger

I was bored. Here are the sets in order of difficulty to aquire for PvE and rank in PvP for the greatest of all classes, WARRIORS!. PvE first, PvP second. Enjoy and happy collecting!

As of May 5th 2005:

Player versus Environment Sets

Battlegear of Valor: Rare PvE set:

+139 Stamina
+103 Strength
+56 Agility
+27 Spirit

3622 AC

Set bonuses:
3 pieces: +50 Armor
5 pieces: +20 Attack Power
6 pieces: When struck in combat inflicts 2 Arcane damage to the attacker.
7 pieces: Restores 5 health every 5 sec.
8 peices: 1% chance to stun a victim struck in combat for 3 seconds.

cost: None: aquired.

Battlegear of Might: Epic PvE set:

+173 Stamina
+137 Strength
+65 Agility
+40 Spirit

+31% Fire Resistance
+25% Shadow Resistance
+21% Nature Resistance
+21% Frost Resistance
+21% Arcane Resistance

4306 AC

Set bonuses:
Belt bonus: Increases your chance to dodge an attack by 1%.
Chest bonus: Increases your chance to block attacks with a shield by 2%.
Gloves bonus: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 1%.
Helm bonus: Improves your chance to hit by 1%.
Leg bonus: Increases your chance to parry an attack by 1%.

3 pieces: Increases the bleed damage done by your Rend ability by 4 per period.
5 pieces: Gives you a 20% chance to generate an additional Rage point whenever damage is dealt to you.
8 pieces: You have a 25% chance whenever you deal melee damage to reduce your victim's Attack Power by -130 for 6 seconds.

cost: None: aquired.

Battlegear of Wrath: Epic PvE set:

+215 Stanima
+173 Strength
+72 Agility
+44 Spirit

+19% Fire Resistance
+21% Shadow Resistance
+18% Nature Resistance
+13% Frost Resistance
+14% Arcane Resistance

4925 AC

Set bonuses:

Gloves bonus: Improves your chance to hit by 1%.
Helm bonus: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 1%.
Leg bonus: Increases your chance to dodge an attack by 1%.
Belt bonus: Increases your chance to block attacks with a shield by 1%.

3 pieces: Increases the threat generated by your Heroic Strike and Mortal Strike abilities.
5 pieces: 20% chance after using an offensive ability requiring rage that your next offensive ability requires ??? less rage to use.
8 pieces: ???

cost: None: aquired

Player versus Player Sets

Note: Alliance ranks used as example, Horde gear exactly same as the Alliance, there are no variations.

Lieutenant Commander's Battlegear: Rare PvP set:

+130 Stamina
+56 Strength
+25 Agility

3121 AC

Set bonuses:
Gloves bonus: Hamstring Rage cost reduced by 3.0
Chest and Leg bonus (combined): Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 3%

2 pieces: Increses your chance to parry an attack by 1%.
4 pieces: Reduces the cooldown of your intercept ability by -5.0 seconds.
6 pieces: +15 Stamina.

cost: ~27g 17s

Field Marshal's Plate: Epic PvP set:

+159 Stamina
+96 Strength
+65 Agility

3504 AC

Set bonuses:
Chest & Leg bonus(combined): Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 3%.
Leg bonus: Improves chance to hit by 1%.
Gloves bonus: Hamstring rage cost reduced by 3.0

2 pieces: +15 Stanima
3 pieces: Reduces the cooldown of your intercept ability by -5.0 seconds.
6 pieces: Increases chance to parry an attack by 1%

cost: ~39g 62s

Long post I know. Put spaces in there to make it easier to read.

Last edited by ~Crusader~ on 05-05-2005 at 10:08 AM.
folder icon   05-09-2005, 03:27 PM
Post #60
Grom-Hellscream

Horde Berserker

Massacre 3.0

folder icon   05-09-2005, 03:29 PM
Post #61
Grom-Hellscream

Horde Berserker

Massacre 3.02928

folder icon   05-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Post #62
M4tt

Gargoyle

Grimora on Shadowsong

What were you talking to Jovo about? My imminent banishment from the guild? What, yeah? I knew it >.<

ANyways.... Nice stats.

folder icon   05-10-2005, 08:21 AM
Post #63
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

Grom- why did you blank out your rank and standing?

I my self am ranked Scout (with my shaman) with a standing of high 700s (Dont know the exact #) Of coarse I only have 90 HKs.

Shermen is on hiatus because the guild I am in has too many warriors that are higher level than I. I started a shaman to keep my melee focus but to add to the ranks of the shaman in my guild (there is 1 lvl 60, and a lvl 55 shaman)

folder icon   05-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Post #64
Cloud

Arch Druid

Its probably not as impressive as it should be for how much he talks.

Beautiful
folder icon   05-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Post #65
Grom-Hellscream

Horde Berserker

Uh. Considering it's a dynamic system, and this is a static, stickied thread..? Why wouldn't I?

Here's pre-update today. Most likely be a stoneguard when I check it.

Last edited by Grom-Hellscream on 05-10-2005 at 05:08 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Post #66
SpazTheReturned

Grunt

Zalina on Gorefeind

I saw a level 60 that had 2851 HKs, 0 dHKs, with a standing of 42

Xedd - Level 45 Human Male Warlock (Greymane)
Xai - Level 46 Night Elf Female Hunter (Aggamaggan)
Gudruen - Level 40 Dwarf Male Hunter (Greymane)
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Post #67
M4tt

Gargoyle

Grimora on Shadowsong

Rohcc, Night Elf Rogue on the Shadowsong server, has supposedly 150k honor points.

folder icon   05-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Post #68
Grom-Hellscream

Horde Berserker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazTheReturned
I saw a level 60 that had 2851 HKs, 0 dHKs, with a standing of 42

Honorable kills mean nothing, it's the points. And standing is just for that week.

folder icon   05-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Post #69
M4tt

Gargoyle

Grimora on Shadowsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crusader~
You got bored with your warrior?! How? Man I simply can not play a different class rather than warrior, I get bored with everything else! Stay strong!
Just to let you know after I did see your guy looking all pimpesk in the armor i got my guy to 51.

folder icon   05-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Post #70
~Crusader~

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4tt
Just to let you know after I did see your guy looking all pimpesk in the armor i got my guy to 51.
Thats my boy! Believe me, the warrior class really pays off, especially if you get good at it. There aren't many warriors to begin with, and most of them aren't very good.

Return to Top  Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: