ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > World Of WarCraft Discussion > The Warrior Thread
Search this Thread:

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

The Warrior Thread  Pages (5): « 1 2 3 4 [5]
folder icon   07-30-2005, 04:01 AM
Post #141
McLeod

Arch Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Floppy-Llama
Have your own priest get decursive and spam it when you get feared by a lock. Have your mages/priest counterspell/silence a priest if they gear near (do the same for mages that get close, they're not running up to you to give you a pat on the ass). Berserker stance/rage if you have a healer on you. Tremor Totems, fear ward, WotF. With so many ways to break fear I don't understand how it's such a huge problem.

First of all, who do you think they fear/sheep first? Of course healers, unless they're fucking stupid. Counterspell is on a 30 sec cooldown and is much better spent on a heal than on a fear attempt. Berserker rage is nice, however it cant be always active, you're still vulnurable 2/3 of the time. Basically, its all about who gets the fear off first, if your dispeller is feared = GG. Your team is instantly sheeped/feared/frost nova'd. And you casters bitch about group PvP? Hah! Fear and shaman DOMINATE ctf. =/

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   07-30-2005, 05:01 AM
Post #142
Big-Floppy-Llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLeod
First of all, who do you think they fear/sheep first? Of course healers, unless they're fucking stupid. Counterspell is on a 30 sec cooldown and is much better spent on a heal than on a fear attempt. Berserker rage is nice, however it cant be always active, you're still vulnurable 2/3 of the time. Basically, its all about who gets the fear off first, if your dispeller is feared = GG. Your team is instantly sheeped/feared/frost nova'd. And you casters bitch about group PvP? Hah! Fear and shaman DOMINATE ctf. =/

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have someone get off those 2 heals than have my own group get cut down by AoE or a fear bomb. I really can't comment on why you see fear as such a problem, given a competent group (I don't bother with pickups anymore, so that may be a problem?) in WSG I rarely have to deal with fear bombs or aoe. The range on heals is 40 yards, polymorph is 30, fear is 20 yards for a warlock, I don't really get why your dispellers are that close to the battle. As a priest I'm as far back as possible, hoping people don't notice me, or giving my teammates time to deal with people trying to get to me. To me it sounds more like problems with your groups than with the way fear works.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   07-30-2005, 05:08 AM
Post #143
McLeod

Arch Druid

Yes, there is not always ten 60s online willing to do WSG in my guild, so we have to work with others more or less. However, this doesnt mean that fear isnt a problem even when I have a competent group. CC is really potent in CTF and fear is the most powerful one. At least with polly you stay were you are, fear sends you running in random directions like a retarded chicken. Goodbye flag carrier and any chance to get back into battle before its too late. I dont know how well oiled your WSG groups are with dispell, but even the best matches on Archie are fear/CC fest. Its just really really annoying. =/

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Post #144
M4tt

Gargoyle

Grimora on Shadowsong

OMG *update* Got the valor chest and helm. >.>

Return to Top  Pages (5): « 1 2 3 4 [5]

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page