ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > General Discussion > RPG Forum > The Clash of Worlds Game
Search this Thread:

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

The Clash of Worlds Game  Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »
folder icon   05-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Post #36
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Factories are to increase the max level of your characters.

Clothing is just whatever can be salvaged at first. New clothing is at the low end, hand sewn stuff or tanned leather. The higher end newly made clothing are modern age looking stuff, polymer-material jackets, designer clothing etc.

You may want to wait until u meet soem monsters before deciding on what kind of monsters (a race of monsters) u want your cairn to be able to sniff out. Later on your cairn is allowed to be able to discern additional things. It's like its experience is growing along with yours basically.

a suicide bomber taken out by a suicide bomber? priceless
Masey209: JUST MAKE HER HAVE SEX WITH ME!!
Enix: Oops added an extra zero to it just like your hydro bill
CowUltrapunk: SLOW
CowUltrapunk: slow as your dick
dimitri583: i told you
dimitri583: my dick is fast as fuck
CowUltrapunk: working on your unspeakable weapon of mass atrocities?
ZoraxP: Yep. I call it the USA.
Urin Bloodface: i know ontario
Urin Bloodface: ive even been to vancover
Last edited by Ultra_punk on 05-07-2005 at 03:49 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Post #37
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Your first turn!

In the first turn, you may build upward to one building. There are no quests currently available.

Purchase all of your equipment, and inform me of your leftover junk. You get 1000 for personal purchase of equipment and another 1000 junk for your compound. ANy junk you have during a mission is in your inventory, but once u return to your compound, it is added to your general junk wealth. The junk may be used for either yourself or the compound.

Today, all of you become administrators of your compound.

Last edited by Ultra_punk on 05-07-2005 at 03:47 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Post #38
Altherak

Tauren

Turn 1:
-Build Junk Shop
-Buy 2 Uzis and 2 Boot Knives (I can dual wield uzis and bott knives right?)
-(If the above doesn't work) Buy 1 .35 Caliber Rifle and 1 Boot Knife

-Send men out to make sure the compound perimeter is secure

-Hold a compound meeting and tell the people that with my leadership that we will be able to get out of these dark times, and that we must put aside hatred of one another and other sentient creatures that are willing to help us.

(Do multiple junk shops add greater bonuses, or do you just upgrade it?)

folder icon   05-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Post #39
Ultra_punk

Administrator

You can only upgrade.

You can wield two things at once, and i will make a penalty in accuracy. I will do that right now under game concepts.

Since this is more roleplaying style than i've done before, you can roleplay (ie. tell story) as well. However, you may only state to me what your characters do, but i must decide the consequences of the action and the actions of all NPCs.

Altherak
Turn 1

Your compound constructs its first structure, a junk shop. It's not a magnificient building of splendour and wonder, but its a new building nonetheless.

While the people build the building, you move about the compound, purchasing 2 uzis and 2 boot knives.

You hold a council meeting to keep the spirits of the compound high.

folder icon   05-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Post #40
Chaotica

Blademaster

Turn 1: Builds junk shop and buys 1 uzi and 2 knifes. Drinks beer.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Post #41
Phantom X

Tauren

Umm I suppose that the 50 junk for clothing does get me pants right? If I am right, then edit this in to my profile Legs: grey sweatpants, boot knife in black leather sheath; (I bought a boot knife remember) Feet: old and dirty brown leather boots.

Turn 1:

First of all, I assign specific men of the compound (ages 16 to 30) to be placed as gaurds, during a period of 3 hours each day, strategically placed so as to have no blind points in the gaurd watch. During the night the service periods are to be reduced to 2 hours each. I also set about the construction of a junk shop.

I then thank the people of Blackwater Creek for choosing me as the new administrator of the compound, and promise to do my best to increase the safety of this compound, and to make it a place no monsters dare come near. I have but one warning to express, and that is to trust eachother and to beware treachery as it can tear apart even the strongest fortress, and I believe eventually terror or wealth may attempt to sway us all to betrayal. Of course if we work together, Blackwater Creek will become one of the safest if not the safest place on this earth.

*STOP READING NOW*

Only applies for participating chimps, biting chimps may cause cancer or liver failure, as well as several other unknown side effects.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Post #42
Altherak

Tauren

so ultra, do multiple junk shops increase scrap income

folder icon   05-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Post #43
Ultra_punk

Administrator

YOu cannot build multiple of any building. You only upgrade it to the next level.

It'd also help if u told me your leftover junk, as i imagine u gotta calculate it anyway when you're buying stuff.

folder icon   05-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Post #44
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Phantom X
Turn 1

You assign duties, and construct your compound's first building, the junk shop. As well you purchase some clothing, a pair of pants and some boots.

folder icon   05-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Post #45
Altherak

Tauren

Turn 2:
Build: Nothing
Buy: Nothing
Leftover Money: 900

-Find a large open space to make a gaurd boot camp

-Make a gaurd force with people ages 16-39. They are to find their own weapons and then report to boot camp where they get to clean up the streets and run around with rocks and do all kinds of fun, but hard physical labor to get stronger and faster.

-Send a couple men to locate and map all manholes

folder icon   05-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Post #46
Pellanor

Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra_punk
Purchase all of your equipment, and inform me of your leftover junk. You get 1000 for personal purchase of equipment and another 1000 junk for your compound.
So the 1000 personal is above and beyond the 1000 that we started with for character creation? Good stuff.

Day 1:
I wake up early.
I didn't get much sleep last night, my anticipation for today was too great. Finally I have been named Administrator of this compound. It took longer then I thought. I was amazed at how much the old administration was resistant to change. I'm just glad I never told them about my heritage, or else this day would still be months, if not years away.

First things first, I have to make a public appearance. The old administrator will be handing me the "keys to the compound", in a cerimony that originated in the days before the demon wars. Then I will make a speach, telling the people that change is a good thing, and that I will do my best to protect them from the forces out there that would hurt them.

After the Cerimony I head off to my first council meeting. I figure that in order to best protect the people, we are going to have to gather supplies. The first thing to do is to begin better organizing the gathering of Junk, Building Junk shops where it's easier for our workers to find what they need.
I also tell them to start looking in to good locations for farms, as well as begin gathering materials for the construction of a wall around the city. We'll be needing those soon enough.

After the meeting, It's off to do some shopping for my self. Merchants are honored to have the new Administrator shop at their store. People who wouldn't have given me the time of day a few months ago, are now doing their best to impress me.
I figure that the best thing to start with would be some clothes fitting for the administrator. I head to a small shop that specializes in the recovery of fancy and expensive, if not practicle, items. They often have some fancy clothes there. The shopkeeps eldest daughter, Claire, is also a seamstress, and will often do extra work to make other items.

When I get their, Claire is watching the shop alone, her parents have taken their other children and have gone out looking for Junk.
She welcomes me warmly. Unlike many of the other merchants in the compound, we were friends even before I became the Administrator. She's always been a fan of my music. She's even made me promise to give her guitar lessons, though now that I'm the Administrator, I'm not sure how much time I'll have.

Today she presents me with a special vest that she has been working on for me. It's multi-layered, the first being a fine soft material the she wasn't sure the name of, the second is supposed to be Kevlar, but as she's never worked with it before, she can't be sure, and the final outer layer is leather, dyed various shades of red, in a flame like patern. It fits perfectly, and is the most conftorably thing I've worn since I left the guild halls and moved out on my own.

She refuses to let me pay for it, so after I leave I go in search of her parents and give them the money. In this day and age, nobody can afford to be that generous.

It's getting late out, but I have one more shop to stop in before I go home for the evening. I Swing by Old Gran's, a small leatherworking store run by an old lady who has long ago gone blind, but can still sew amazingly well by touch. I've had her working on a pair of good boots for myself for a few weeks now, and their finally done. She insists that I come in and have a cookie (how she always has cookies, I have no idea), and congratulates me on becoming Administrator.

Afterwards her grandaughter comes out and tells me that she has been practicing leatherworking, and has a solid pair of breeches that she'd be willing to sell me for a reasonable price. I know that she's no good at leather work, so she's probably put a lot of effort into making these for me. I'm just glad she's at least letting me pay for them.

The boots fit perfactly, though, like all of Old Gran's work, they look a little odd, being any number of differnt shades of brown. The breaches also fit reasonably well, and seem to be quite thick and durable. They should last me for a long time.

I thank the two of them for their work and head home. I'm going to have to be up early again tommorrow, and am hoping to get a good nights sleep, but unfortunatly it looks like I'm not going to be able to. Brad and Tim are waiting at my front door when I get home, and they refuse to let me in until I go out for some "congratulatory drinks" with them. Brads a big guy, and could probably snap me like a twig if he ever got mad, and got his hands on me. Tim is a small hyper guy, we call him "Tin Can Tim" because he's made a make-shift drum kit out of tin cans, and he plays on those in whats starting to form of our little band. All we need is a second guitar player, and somebody who can play base, not to mention a second guitar and a base guitar to go with them, and we'll be good to go.

We have a good time at the bar, and I'm not allowed to pay for any of my drinks. Sometimes I think that Tim and Brad just hang out with me because I'm a chick magnet, and being my friend is the only way to get girls in this compound. They've even said as much, and for the life of me I can't tell if they're joking or not.

As always the night ends with Brad getting in a fight with somebody, and we all get kicked out. The bouncers gotten into such a habit of tossing us out the door that I don't think it even occured to him that he had just tost the Administrator out until well after we had finished bouncing. Oh well, it's all in good fun, and nobody's gotten (seriously) hurt, and there's never been (much) damage.

I know I'm going to regret that in the morning...

Summary:
Construct Junk Shops.
Purcase listed Clothing (I'll let you determine any bonuses and the costs of stuff).

Remaining Personal Junk: ???
Remaining Compound Junk: 500

SC2 ID: Pellanor - 760
LoL Summoner Name: Pellanor
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-09-2005, 01:59 PM
Post #47
Phantom X

Tauren

Yay I have pants! Ok taking into account that you re-included the head slot, can I have a Green Bay Packers cap (clothing)? And I have a boot knife remember, bought it with my original 1000 junk (850 for gun +50 for clothes+ 100 for boot knife). Put it in my left hand slot.

I just realised that I was walking around my compound with no pants on for a while.

*STOP READING NOW*

Only applies for participating chimps, biting chimps may cause cancer or liver failure, as well as several other unknown side effects.
folder icon   05-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Post #48
Ultra_punk

Administrator

I assume you;re wearing something. Things in your inventory are for stuff that add to your statistics. I do this because none of you are hot women from my other kind of fantasies.

folder icon   05-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Post #49
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Altherak
Turn 2

You begin the assembly of a boot camp, creating quite the movement in the compound. Even through the commotion, your men take note of the manholes that dot the city you dwell within. There is more city beyond your walls, but this is where you live and the people are determined to keep it the place they live in.

Even as you conduct the survey of the manholes, a group of people approach you with a proposal. They wish to form a wing of the Civilian Auxilia Faction in your compound, and are wondering if you approve of such a move.

The Civilian Auxilia require that you build the Armed Citizen Armouries (1000 junk) before you can specialize in their classes. Allowing a faction into your compound improves your relations with them, and also allows you to specialize in that faction's classes. You may only have 1 major faction (military, guild, corporates) or 3 minor factions (anything else) operating in your compound.

Pellanor
Turn 1

Out in the night, a shrill scream breaks the air and the cold silence. Compound residents rush to the site, only to find a woman slain on the ground. None knew who could do such a thing, when a dark figure burst from the alley and ran the other direction. Shouts and screams followed it, but the shadow disappeared too quick.

"Cutthroats, now we have cutthroats in here!" the old administrator of the compound grumbled. No doubt, Neil would hear of it in the morning.

Last edited by Ultra_punk on 05-09-2005 at 09:40 PM.
folder icon   05-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Post #50
Altherak

Tauren

Turn 3:

Leftover Money: 1100

-Ask the Citizen Auxilia how long their offer is. I tell them that I will build the armory after I establish more infrastructure for my compound, but I will build one.

-Continue the training of my gaurd force. They are to clean up the streets by getting rid of trash. And all debris is to be put into a large pile that can be used for makeshift barricades.

-Make a curfew of 1 hour after nightfall to dawn. My new gaurd force is to go around in groups of 5 man squads at all times and to enforce the curfew. The shifts are 2 hours long.

-Survey the actual size of the city surrounding my compound

folder icon   05-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Post #51
Pellanor

Administrator

Hey Ultra, it looks like when you updated the itmes list, you edited over the buildings post, as we have two posts with items, and none with buildings.

Also, I noticed that you have written down for me "Junk: 450 + 200" so does that mean that I have a base of 450, and earn 200 for turn, so that I have 650 for my turn 2?

Another question about my junk: I had 1000 to start, spent 500 on the Junk Shop, and ended up with 450 left over. Where'd the other 50 go? was that just a typo?

Geez... You'd at least think that the first turn would have gone by peacefully...

Day 2:
It's far too early. It would be far to early even if I wasn't suffering from a hangover. I usually try not to drink too much, but last night everyody just kept forcing the drinks into me. Now i get to suffer for it.

I've been woken up shortly before sunrise with news of cut throats in the compound. Definatly not the way I wanted things to start. Oh well, I'll deal with it.

Luckly for me, the training I went through studying magic taught me a few exercises that can help me ignore the effects of the hangover, or at least for the time being. They don't actually make it go away, I'm just able to concentrate on something else well enough to still be functional.

We're in a meeting to decside what to do about the Cutthroats. Nobody has any real good ideas, they've never dealt with something like this before. Most of them are encouraging me to hurry with the construction of the walls, but they don't realize that we don't have the man power to gaurd the walls well enough to stop a single man from getting through.

Finally it's descided. Another person may be killed by the cutthroats, but many more may die from hunger if we don't have enough food. I order the farms that we had started to be completed, while I go to try to deal with this mess with cut throats.

First off I head over to the scene of the crime. I look over the area, trying to find any clue as to how she was killed, or more importantly, why. Who was she, did she have anything worth stealing? Did they attempt to mug her when she started to struggle, or was it some kind of monster that feeds off life. Maybe it was just some sick fuck who likes to do this kind of thing. Either way, I want to find out. I look for anything that looks out of the rdinary, signs of a struggle, Inhuman footprints, anything.

Around Noon I head off to look for Tim and Brad. I find Brad first, still asleep in bed. I know what they say about waking the sleeping bear, but this is important. One bucket of water later, and Brad is awake, though in a rather foul mood.

"I need your help Brad. There was a murder last night. Cutthroats. We have to step up security or we could have more corpses soon. I need you to start up a group of Enforcers. Big guys like yourself and that bouncer who stand around with big clubs and smash peoples head in if they try anything. I want you to go around, talk to your drinking buddies and the bouncer. Get people who are reliable, that won't do anything stupid either because they're smart enough not to, or that you can make scared enough of you to. Get these people together and train them how to fight. Find out who's good at what. If somebody's better then you at something then let them teach that, I need you to oversee this group and make sure that they'll do a good job. Don't force anybody to join, but you can let them know that they will get paid for their services. Report to me with whatever results you can get. Also, if you need anything, just ask and I'll see what I can do."

Now it's off to Tim's. He's already awake, and is just heading off to check out the murder when I get to his place. He's always been curious, getting his nose in places where it doesn't belong. Exactly what I need.

"Tim, hey how's it going? You heard about the Murder last night, right? Well I need your help. I want to get some kinda scouting force started, and you're the bet that I know at finding things out that you're not supposd to know. I want you to grab a few other people who you think might be good at the job and start training them. I need you guys to be able to move anywhere in the compound without being seen. Find all the secret passages, and all the short cuts to get from one place to another quickly. Find the best spots to watch a lot of ground from, and find any spots that you think are particulairly dangerous to the people here. I will pay you guys to do this, so don't worry about that. Also, if you can figure out anything about these cutthroats, then that would be great. If you need anything, let me know, and I'll see what I can do."

Now it's time for me to go get some sleep I'm going to have a busy night ahead of me, trying to track down those damned cuthroats.

Summary:
Construct 1st level farms. (250 Junk)

Remaining Personal Junk: 600 - 0 = 600
Remaining Compound Junk: 450 (500?) + 200 - 250 = 400 (450?)

SC2 ID: Pellanor - 760
LoL Summoner Name: Pellanor
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Post #52
Ultra_punk

Administrator

450+ 200 Means, you had 450, and u gained 200 from income sources. Just a way for you to know how much u gained and how much u had before.

Ill bring back the building post.

I noticed i had to add some clothign to you, i think it was the boots or something. Anyway, clothing costs 50 junk. Plus the kevlar suit and other stuff. I guess you could audit it.

folder icon   05-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Post #53
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Altherak
Turn 3

The people aren't entirely satisfied with the curfew but few stay out late in any case. As for your other assignments the people have found the city to be quite immense. It was a great city before the war, it's still a great city after the war. That is, even if no one lives in much of it. It extends out dozens of kilometres in every direction but there is no real end to the urban sprawl. It goes from high rises and office towers to suburban homes and paved driveways.

In the night, you look up at the sky and notice a bright light. A comet you figure, when oddly it comes more bright. In surprise, you see it grow and continue to turn brighter. Suddenly, you are a bit fearful as to what it may be, when it suddenly falls across the horizon and in the distance impact some piece of land in a bright flash that lights up the night sky. What in the hell could it have been?

Pellanor
Turn 2

Under your orders a band of workmen armed with sledge hammers walk up to a house and smash to the ground. Burning the local overgrown vegetation and throwing the pile of debris off the side, the work team begins planting a suburban farm. A few decades ago this might have been unheard of, clearing urban land for farmland. Nowadays, its a matter of survival and necessity.

Tim, being a curious fellow, went out into the compound and discovered some odd facts about the dead woman. She was of no real particular interest, this was, as far as anybody could tell, the beginnings of disorder in the compound. The first crime by the hands of an unruly human being. Such is the price of shoving too many people in a place too small. The man stolen the woman's bag, some red gym bag, because it had contained some valuble pieces of unworked steel.

Elsewhere in the compound, Brad, working on finding the biggest strongest men to create the enforcers encounters one distant fellow. He gives you an offer, he will join Brad, only if you form the Police in the compound. They will be your vigilante force, beating in the skulls of any who dare cause disorder in your compound. If you will accept them by building a Police Station (1000 junk), they will gladly assist you to kicking some criminal ass. Most likely, killing it too. However, as ironic as it may seem, Brad would probably become the Cheiftain of the police, he who reigns in the brutality.

folder icon   05-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Post #54
Altherak

Tauren

Turn 4:

Build: Scrapyard

Leftover Metal: 50

-I tell my people that the curfew is necessary until we can create a stronger defense force. This way if there are any monsters or their is an attack you will hopefully be with other people that can help defend you.

-Tell the Citizen Auxillary I will build them an armory next

-Assemble a gaurd force of 50 men and myself. We are going outside the compound to find out what the bright light was. We bring as much supplies as we can carry and bring along several shopping carts outiftted with large tires to help bring more supplies.

-Send another 50 men outside the compound into the rest of the city to begin mapping out all the manholes and other places of interest

folder icon   05-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Post #55
Ultra_punk

Administrator

In combat, only your major characters count, just so u all know.

Altherak
Turn 4

A group of you exit the compound and find a destroyed village not far from your compound. The signs of wreckage are clear, and recent. Burnt houses, a large crater mark in th emiddle. Doubtless, this was the "comet" from the sky. The smell of burnt bodies sickens you.

While your men inspect the local area, a woman steps out from the ruin. She is completely unharmed and rather well dressed. In fact, she almost looks like she was from before the war. Your men all turn to her with surprise, considering the amount of damage that had been wrought here.

With a certain air of carelessness, the woman steps forward. A body lay strewn across her path but she pushed it aside with her foot. The scraping noise increased the rather callous appearnace of her actions. She walks up to you specifically, ignoring everyone else. Several men step in her way.

"Nice day isn't it?" she says.

folder icon   05-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Post #56
Altherak

Tauren

Turn 5:

Left Over Money: 401

-I sense something strange about this woman, so I loosen one of my uzis so i can draw it faster

-I tell the woman to sit down. I then surround her with my men and begin to question her. Where did she come from? What happened to the village? Do you know what the strange light was? Why are you still here? Are there any others still alive?

-I send my men to gather any interesting things from the village and search for more clues

folder icon   05-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Post #57
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Altherak
Turn 5

You loosen the uzi, but speak the woman with much caution. Your men are somewhat anxious as they stand around her, but they do as you say. It seems, she is completely unscathed in the whole mess. Not a single scratch upon her skin, or a tear in her clothes.

She sits down as you ask, brushing her long brown hair with her one hand. There is a smile to her lips, but she doesn't make it explicit. A joyful light seems to come to her eyes, but you are made wary by the rather contrasting scenery. As you talk, she listens but there is no seeming thought going on in that mind.

Finally, she answers you, after you talk for the first few minutes asking questions and getting no response. "You ask a lot of questions, but you don't really get a lot of answers do you?" she begins. It is a statement and no answer. "I am an Avatar," she says the word with a slight accent, although you cannot pick out from where.

One of your men speaks up, "I have heard of no faction who field Avatar classes."

"It is not a class, and I am part of no faction," she smiled. One of the men whispers, "rouge" but she ignores it. "It would look like you have a problem, Jaden Mortagon." Everyone turns to you as they realize you never spoke your name.

Before anyone could speak again she stands up, "I know a secret that you don't" she says, before skipping off through your ring of guards to the other soldiers inspecting the ruins. Moving to a rather unimpressive heap of burned ruin, she kicks off the top and reveals underneath a rather impressive piece of technological equipment. The words RF can be made out on a panel stuck onto the metallic box, but nothing else can be made out. Its function, you cannot tell, for you are no mechanic nor engineer, but it is something that one cannot create out of sand. It is some kind of modern technology, at the heart of the crash. The Avatar does not say a single word, only showing you the piece of evidence she had found.

"I am Illi, the Avatar," she says with a wink.

folder icon   05-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Post #58
Phantom X

Tauren

Well I've been busy and haven't been able to post. I will tonight though. Oh and how many times do I have to remind you Ultra b4 you give me my boot knife?

*STOP READING NOW*

folder icon   05-13-2005, 09:28 PM
Post #59
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Usually i fix it up when u post, but anyway i've put up the boot knife.

folder icon   05-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Post #60
Altherak

Tauren

Turn 6:

Leftover Money: 752

Ask Illi what the thing is and what is does? Aske her where she came from and what she wants?

folder icon   05-13-2005, 11:59 PM
Post #61
Phantom X

Tauren

Turn 2:
Junk: 200+200

I send selected men from the compound in groups of 3 to explore the lands around Blackwater Creek (preferably thoroughly) I am leading one of the groups. The groups have orders to explore predefined (smallish) areas and take note of the terrain, creatures, extraordinary wildlife as well of anything else that seems usefull. If all the information is properly recollected, I will commission a map of the areas surrounding the compound.

*STOP READING NOW*

folder icon   05-16-2005, 12:08 AM
Post #62
Ultra_punk

Administrator

ALtherak
Turn 6

The burnt and broken technology lay at Illi's feet. After your flurry of questions, the expression on her face revealed the answer quite readily. She didn't know the answer, and she answered thus, albeit in a more careless manner than you would have wanted.

"Perhaps, questions about your technology would be best answered by you," she said. Even as the words flowed from her mouth, she walked up to you, taking hold of your arm. "Don't be so concerned about who I am, or where I am from."

There is a certain flash in her eyes that seemed unmistakeable, yet impossible to have happened. Unless, she wasn't human. Then again, she never said what she was but the air of mystery could be a ploy.

Not much else could be found in the village, save for burnt bodies and advanced technology. Your men ponder with you, what kind of technology could possibly fall from the sky like a fireball?

Phantom X
Turn 2

OUtside your city lay the wastelands created by the abandonment of the cities. Unfortunately, even after the war, there were no people to repopulate the great number of buildings. Weeds stick through the cracks in the asphalt. Any number of previous unknown, and perhaps un-earthly, plants grow inside and outside the buildings, sometimes even covering the walls like vines.

Like every other part of the city, your group finds a place desolate of life and void of company. An inhuman growl from the darkness of the urban landscape halts your movement. A moment you wait, until something scrapes against stone. Wary, your men move to protect themselves, and you.

You peer into windows of an apartment building where darkness prevails. Nothing can be seen through that cloak. Cracks in the wall reveal more blackness. The door has been left ajar, but you can see no man has dared enter the building again. Noises echo through it with every gust of wind. Your men look to you for courage, and... orders.

folder icon   05-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Post #63
Phantom X

Tauren

Turn 3:
Junk: 400+200-500

Build Metallic Walls (500 junk).

I tell the three men I am with that we cannot allow dangerous beasts roaming the areas this near our compound, and as such we should investigate the cause of the noises we just heard. I suppose the creature nests within the old building before us, and as such I order the men to follow me into the building. We are to stay together, in a straight line, me looking forward, one of the others looking behind us and one soldier facing to each side. Like this we proceed into the dark compound, and suddenly I wonder if any of us has a lamp.

*STOP READING NOW*

folder icon   05-16-2005, 05:45 PM
Post #64
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Phantom X
Turn 3

You lead the way into the dark hall of the apartment building, sliding through the broken front door. Rats scurry away from you but the stench of waste does not. You wait, counting in your head, before your vision adjusts to the low level of light. In this dank, abandonned building, you know there lives some monster.

Slowly, you creep through the structure finding nothing on the first level. Broken pieces of furniture and rotten clothing are left for the rodents to pick at. For you, there is nothing of value. You proceed further, until reaching the stairwell. The elevators will most definitely be inoperable, but the staircases seem strong.

folder icon   05-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Post #65
Phantom X

Tauren

Just catching up.

Turn 4:
Junk: 100+200-250

Build Suburban Farms (250 junk)

Making sure that the stairs are in fact sturdy and, leading the way for those that accompany me, I slowly begin to climb the stairs, attempting to achieve as much stealth as can be. If we are lucky we can catch whatever lives here unaware, or, if we are even more lucky, it will be friendly.

*STOP READING NOW*

folder icon   05-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Post #66
Altherak

Tauren

Turn 7:

Build: Citizen Auxilia Armory

Leftover Money: 104

-I take Illi and the strange device back to my compound. I put a lot of gaurds around them to watch them at all times.

-I commision the new Citizen Auxilia Armory and tell the people that the new armory will be a force of the citizens to gaurd the citizens. I send part of the new gaurd to watch Illi and the device

-I send town criers through the compound to find anyone of scientific knowledge. They are to meet at a building near the strange device.

folder icon   05-17-2005, 12:22 AM
Post #67
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Phantom X
Turn 4

(You're a turn ahead with your cash, I already used your + 200 for last turn by accident)

You move up the stairs slow but smoothly. The wood creaks underneath your weight but it holds well enough. At the top of the stairs you finally reach a dusty long hallway. Light is reflecting off some unknown sources, but here you can see ahread of you.

As dust falls gently about you, your legs stiffen and alerting your eyes to a noise in front. Suddenly, a beast steps into view, growling. It reveals long claws on its hand, and starts trotting toward you. It's very hostile.

(If you stay and enter combat, ill draw up the beast's numbers next turn)

Altherak
Turn 7

You return to your compound, and sit waiting in the administrator's room. Illi waits patiently, sitting upon your desking dangling her legs playfully in front of her. The simple motion of her limbs seems to satisfy her as entertainment. Boredom however, has caught you.

Eventually, a knock rasps on your door and a man steps into the room. This is the man of scientific knowledge apparently. He is a strange sight with hair uncombed for untold ages and clothes ragged like a beggar. Still, perhaps all intelligent man look unkept and wild.

"Ha, you couldn't figure out what this piece of junk is?" he laughs the moment he steps into the room. "It's a stupid satellite!" he grumbles out in a loud voice. You can hear him mumble something about scientific knowledge and the utter escape of intelligence upon all individuals of youth.

---

The new armoury has been finished and filled weapons found across the city. Wherever this place had been before the war, there seemed to be a strange abundance of weapons lying within it. It only took a little bit of work to restore them to working order and place them into the armory.

For now, the Citizen Auxilia are content to recruit only basic members in the compound. They jokingly call them the auxillary forces of the auxillary forces. Otherwise, they more seriously call them a Militia Unit.

folder icon   05-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Post #68
Phantom X

Tauren

Turn 5:
Junk: 100+201-250

Build Suburban Farms (250 junk)

I tell the men to keep the beast away from me for as long as possible so I can lay a few bullets into it (if they're armed with melee weapons), or to pepper it with bullets as it approaches, hopefully killing it before it even reaches us (if they're armed with ranged weapons or both ranged and melee weapons). I then proceed to aim at the beast with my rifle, and fire a round at it.

*STOP READING NOW*

folder icon   05-17-2005, 08:44 PM
Post #69
Altherak

Tauren

Turn 8:

Build: Suburban Farm

Leftover Cash: 207

-I celebrate our first farm with the people

-I have the scientists find out what kind of sattelite is it and if they can pull whatever information left on it out

-I ask Illi where she came from, and what an Avatar class is

folder icon   05-17-2005, 10:11 PM
Post #70
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Phantom X
Turn 5

You have discovered the Gouger monster race, this particular one is a clawbeast.

Name: (Gouger) Clawbeast

Metric Stats
HP: 50
MP: 0
Speed: 8

Melee Damage: 10-15
Parry Rate: 15%
Block: 0

Gun Damage: 0
Accuracy: 0
Range:0

Spell Power: 0

Special: 0

You stand your ground and fire your guns.
Roll 32
You hit for 47 damage with your rifle.

The beast races forward toward you (now at position 12, you are at position -20)

Altherak
Turn 8

Your scientists determine it is a telecommunications satellite, probably used for things like cell phones and the like. The fact that it crashed from the sky could mean several things. First, it could be so many years that the satellites are now falling down. Second, someone could be bringing down the satellites, considering how accurate it was in hitting that village. Third, all of this could be mere chance and not worth your attention.

On another front, you continue your quest to find out more about Illi. She is rather unresponsive to your questions, willing to act strangely 'out of it' when u ask her questions. At other times, she is fully willing to explain highly obvious thigns to you, such as how plants grow, how a house is made or who cleans up the streets.

As she is dancing around your desk, as she does all to often to your chagrin, her motion suddnely comes to a halt. Turning to you, she speaks softly, "there's something in the sewers, I can smell it."

Return to Top  Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: