ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > General Discussion > RPG Forum > The Clash of Worlds Game
Search this Thread:

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

The Clash of Worlds Game  Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »
folder icon   05-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Post #71
Altherak

Tauren

Turn 9:

Build: Nothing

Buy: Nothing

Leftover Cash: 560

-Gather 7 squads of the Citizen Auxilia and attach 7 of my gaurd. We go into the sewers with Illi and hunt for the thing in the sewers. We bring any flashlights that we can find. I tell my men to be alert.

-I send a 2 groups to look for any sign of life (i.e. compounds, villages, or hostiles)

folder icon   05-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Post #72
Phantom X

Tauren

Turn 6:
Junk 51+202

I fire at the gouger again with my rifle, hoping to end its miserable existance (lol 47 damage) without injury to my comrades (which also shoot if they have guns).

*STOP READING NOW*

Only applies for participating chimps, biting chimps may cause cancer or liver failure, as well as several other unknown side effects.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Post #73
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Just a note, the way the game is structured only major characters participate in a battle. So when you get factions to help you, I will inform you, you can buy a certain unit for a certain price and that DOES help u in battle.

Phantom X
Turn 6

You fire again. Roll 58. You hit!

The beast dies from the impact of the second round. No more sound comes from its lair. For now, you've cleared this abandonned building. You search about and find that the beast had come across a few others inside this building. You are able to recover 56 junk from the bodies and you gain 25 experience.

ALtherak
Turn 9

You take some men and travel into the sewers, leading the party at the head. Illi constantly springs ahead without warning, moving out of sight and returning saying nothing. Always, she has a smile on her face, and you wonder what makes her so happy in this dank sewage system.

You worry about the dirty water running against your legs, but there is nothing to be done. If you want to do something, you'll just have to get dirty. Still, it irks you to have to wade through the possible urine and feces of others.

It takes hours of travel before you finally you hear the whispers of others who are not supposed to be down with you. The sound comes from a dark tunnel, but you cannot hear the words. What you can make out, doesn't sound like English and it also sounds more like chanting.

a suicide bomber taken out by a suicide bomber? priceless
Masey209: JUST MAKE HER HAVE SEX WITH ME!!
Enix: Oops added an extra zero to it just like your hydro bill
CowUltrapunk: SLOW
CowUltrapunk: slow as your dick
dimitri583: i told you
dimitri583: my dick is fast as fuck
CowUltrapunk: working on your unspeakable weapon of mass atrocities?
ZoraxP: Yep. I call it the USA.
Urin Bloodface: i know ontario
Urin Bloodface: ive even been to vancover
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Post #74
Altherak

Tauren

Turn 10:

Build: Raid Sirens

Leftover Cash: 165

-Build the new Raid Sirens, an assistant of mine explains to the people that these new sirens will go on, if someone notices an attack coming.

-With my men and Illi, I slowly creep up on the chanting, making sure to be as quiet as possible. Once there I ask Illi what they are doing, if it is magic and is dangerous, then I ambush the strongest looking (unless with my dual uzis I can attack two, then the two strongest looking) If it isn't magic I watch and observe a little longer.

-I continue my search for signs of life out in the countryside

(What can I do with my Citizen Auxilia Armory?)

folder icon   05-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Post #75
Dark Jester

Overlord

Does any personal money not used for purchasing items/abilities roll over to your compound fund or does it just disappear?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Post #76
Phantom X

Tauren

BTW, what do I need to do to get Cairn to sniff out some monsters? Just gain levels? Or should I have him sniff the Clawbeast?

Turn 7:
Junk: 253+202

Return to Blackwater Creek and inform that we found a sort of beast in the surrounding area, but fortunately it was not very strong and it was easily dispatched. I then go about collecting the reports of the other explorers, hopefully to get to the making of a good map of the surrounding areas.

*STOP READING NOW*

Only applies for participating chimps, biting chimps may cause cancer or liver failure, as well as several other unknown side effects.
folder icon   05-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Post #77
Chaotica

Blademaster

Sorry I think I'm out... Don't have the time to participate, and pretty much not feeling like making time for it. Gl on it.

I read about an Eskimo hunter who asked the local missionary priest, - 'If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?' - 'No', said the priest, 'not if you did not know.' - 'Then why,' asked the Eskimo earnestly, 'did you tell me?' - Annie Dillard
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Post #78
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Altherak
Turn 10

(Your citizen auxilia will allow you to recruit some of their units. You'll have to strike up some talk with them to try and get something out of them)

You sneak up on the hooded figures and notice they dont seem to quite stand like men. Illi whispers into your ears, "Look, they aren't human, they're Crekin." The words give you a sudden jolt of fear. Even your companions struggled that instant to keep silent.

The Crekin are a strange race of creatures, purported in full collaboration with the demons. What they could be chanted, it was probably on the bad side. Then again, open combat with demon minions would also be highly dangerous.

Phantom X
Turn 7

You return to Blackwater Creek as do your other explorers and start to form a map of the region. Even without the map, you remember from your childhood the general feel and look of the outside world. Now that the explorers have brough out detailed drawings in front of you something catches your interest. It also caught the explorers interest.

Toward the north of your city, a group of structures appear to have changed, for lack of better words. None of you are sure, but the outside walls and the look, seem different but no one has been out that far into the city.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Post #79
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jester
Does any personal money not used for purchasing items/abilities roll over to your compound fund or does it just disappear?

Leftover money carries over to your compound.

folder icon   05-19-2005, 10:00 PM
Post #80
Altherak

Tauren

Turn 11:

Leftover Cash: 521

-Leave the sewers as quietly as possible, making sure the Crekins don't notice me. I also make sure that I will be able to find the place again

-Go to the Citizen Auxilia Armory and strike up a conversation. I ask how much it will cost to use some of their men

-Send a team out to map the surrounding area around my compound. They are to look for signs of sentient life

-Ask Illi if she knows anything more on Crekin

(Do you want to update the race list with the Crekin, anyother info on them would be good)

folder icon   05-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Post #81
Phantom X

Tauren

Turn 8:
Junk: 511+204

"Odd that a building would just "change", must have a new inhabitant. I guess we should get a good idea of who or what changed the building." I immediately tell the 5 most adventurous men in the compound to get ready for a little scouting trip to the building, and after making sure the map is still being worked on and telling those making it to hopefully have it done by the time I get back, head off to the old mistery building.

P.S. Would the map be some kind of item once completed?

*STOP READING NOW*

folder icon   05-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Post #82
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Altherak
Turn 11

The Citizen Auxilia agree that rough times ahead call for an increase in security. They offer you another major character at the price of 2500. In the mean time, they open up the class called Auxillary Citizen (+2 strength, +2 tech, +20% gun damage)

Illi declares she knows much about Crekin, and will tell you it only in portions in opportune times. This would be an opportune time to tell you that they are in league with the demons, and their presence in the area might be a possible explanation to the falling satellite phenomena.

Phantom X
Turn 8

(You can set your dog to sniff out gougers if you want, up to you)

You set out to the building but once you get close, you notice four APCs sitting outside of it. They seem like they haven't moved for quite some time. However, that is no surprise to you considering the availablility of gasoline. The fifty caliber guns sitting atop them, on the other hand, appear to be fully functional.

Soldiers clad in both metallic and kevlar armour sit inside the APC, while others brandishing shining swords are in formation around it. Most appear to be human, some others, look to be giant walking insects.

Flapping across some of the windows are what made the building appear different at a distance. Now, this close you can see what it is. They're flags. There's a bull's head displayed on a kind of graph.

Suddenly, the guards catch sight of you, and while a fifty caliber turret is turned to your direction, smiling faces and waving hands greet you in a more friendly manner.

folder icon   05-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Post #83
Phantom X

Tauren

Turn 9:
Junk: 715+204

I react to the apparent military base before me with a slight shock, truly an unexpected variaton for what I expected to be a monster hive. Of course the relatively friendly greeting put out by the inhabitants (and the gun pointing at me), causes me to loosen my grip on my own rifle, and wave back at them while asking were their commander is so that I could hopefully get to talk to him. Yet a bad feeling in my gut doesn't let me release my gun, after all, better to be carefull than to be dead.

*STOP READING NOW*

folder icon   05-21-2005, 01:51 AM
Post #84
Dark Jester

Overlord

Last Question before I finish up. Are abilities and items only pruchasable during character creation or are they always purchaseable when character and resource requirements can be met?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-21-2005, 03:37 AM
Post #85
Dark Jester

Overlord

Bio:
Bio: Boltz is a failed experiment. The war of attrition against the demons required the humans to not only produce victorious battles, but decisive ones. In response genetic research and experimentation was conducted on captive demons and elite operatives alike. Boltz was a lethal weapon in both body and mind. Volunteering not only her tactical and combat prowess, Boltz volunteered her own life in search of a solution to the war. Initially researchers tried splicing genetic data from various creatures in order to improve Boltz’s own abilities, yet every experiment resulted in Boltz’s body rejecting the new DNA. Frustrated with the results, researchers tried a new approach. Instead of fusing her with demon DNA, they instead engineered a virus which would attack the human immune system and then rebuild the human body to….. haphazardly predicted specifications. In both a medical and scientific marvel, the virus successfully incorporated itself into Boltz’s body. The virus slightly increased the agility of it’s victim but more importantly developed an unused part of the human brain which allowed telekinetic communication. The prospects of a tactical genius being able to mold her environment to her increased physical prowess excited the military high command.

Boltz made a mockery of combat ready tests and was hurriedly ushered into combat situation. Leading a small tactical group, Boltz was to secure a drop zone for a larger task force. With lethal precision Boltz accomplished her mission and returned for debriefing. Unfortunately the virus came with unexpected consequences. The use of her new abilities was not only taxing mentally at the time of use, but caused the virus to become more and more active. While under scientific supervision Boltz lost control of herself during a simple telekinetic exercise. When the security team arrived all they found were the twisted and contorted bodies. Further research came to the conclusion that telekinetic activity increased the virus’s effect which deteriorates the immune system so much that the virus actually gains control of the body. The virus exerted so much telekinetic energy that it momentarily incapacitated itself, but fearing that it may actually control Boltz like a marionette, scientists inserted nanomachines which would retard the virus whenever Boltz began to overexert herself. She was combat ready again.

Boltz couldn’t turn the war around by herself and similar operatives were few and far between due to the large majority of candidates who were weakened so much that they were killed by the common flu. A year has passed since the majority of demons left the planet and Boltz has proven herself time and time again as not only a ruthless operative, but as a charismatic and tactical genius. Because of her talents Boltz was assigned to construct a military stronghold in the heart of a once thriving city. Well armed and provided with excellent military personnel Boltz assumed her job would be quick and easy; she thought wrong. En route to her destination her supply column was swarmed. Quickly asserting herself, a defensive perimiter was constructed and the beasts were routed. As the men celebrated their victory they turned their congratulatory praisings to their commander, they wished they hadn’t. Boltz dropped to her knees clutching her head and screaming. The nearest soldier ran to her side and was quickly flung into a nearby wall, his internal organs crushed by her psionic powers before he even smashed against the concrete bricks. The creatures began their attack once more, this time amidst the chaos. The timing was almost supernatural, the troops broke ranks and tried to flee. They died tired.

Waking up, Boltz quickly leaned over as a wave of nausea rolled over her and then proceeded to shake herself in order to stop the trembling which had possessed most of her body. Pulling her blonde hair back into a ponytail she stood up to her full 5’7 height and began to take in her surroundings. A woman was sleeping soundly in a chair beside her bed, she seemed completely exhausted. Boltz decided to keep a low profile until she discovered where she was and who she was with. Focusing intently, Boltz tried to envelope herself in an invisibility field. Nothing happened. Concentrating harder produced the same results. Eventually Boltz began to get dizzy and vomited again. The women finally woke up and called for help. Supporting Boltz’s 120lb frame the woman gently returned her to bed. Two men with pistols entered the room and began quietly whispering something while nervously eyeing Boltz. A comforting moment, weak and sick, devoid of mental abilities and weapons, and surrounded by armed combatants who are just as likely to shoot her as they are to nurse her back to health. Consciousness quietly slipped away.

Name: Boltz
Class: N/A

Level: 1
Experience: 0

Basic Stats
Strength: 5
Agility: 10
Magic: 10
Tech: 10

Metric Stats
HP: 200
MP: 100

Melee Damage: +100%
Parry Rate: 10%
Block: +100%

Gun Damage: +100%
Accuracy: +12%
Range:

Speed: 11

Spell Power: +100%

Special:
None

Inventory
Slots: ?/17

Head: None
Left Hand: none
Right Hand: Pistol
Torso: Skull Suit (unupgraded, clothes level)
Feet: Mesh SynthFiber boots (No Bonus)
Backpack: none

Gear:
9mm Pistol: 200 J, - lvl, 1 S, 9-12 dmg, 25% acc, shrt rng

folder icon   05-21-2005, 03:42 AM
Post #86
Dark Jester

Overlord

Alright, I'm only purchasing clothes and a 9mm pistol. This is subject to change if I find out all abilities and such must be purchased at creation instead of whenever I want. Regardless, my first turn will be the same.

Turn 1: 2,000

Build: Junk Factory

Buy: 9mm Pistol and Clothes

-750 junk

1250 Junk Remaining.

I'll do some plot stuff later seeing as how it usually has little effect of what happens, just really tired right now. If there are any problems with anything let me know and i'll fix it up.

folder icon   05-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Post #87
Altherak

Tauren

Turn 12:

Leftover Cash: 879

-A send a scout down to the Crekin lair. While there he is to observe how many there are and anything interesting

-Go out of the compound with several men and Illi. We are exploring to find other signs of life

-I become an Auxillary Citizen (I only do this if I can change classes later and if it doesn't cost any money)

folder icon   05-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Post #88
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Phantom X
Turn 9

(What happened to your signature?!)

The soldier approaches you with his gun pointing at anything, but the fifty caliber remains trained on your position at all times. He talks to you briefly, asking you your name and your faction. They seemed cursory questions, not that he actually found the information pertinent. Instead he gestured for you to follow him toward the office tower.

"This it the Faction of the Bull Market. Our leader is CEO Magel," he said. "We bear arms, and we sell them too!" He ended his sentence with a short laugh.

ALtherak
Turn 11

(You can switch between the basic classes of each faction but if u specialize further you can't backtrack a character)

You send a man down the sewers to search out the Crekin lair. He finds the monsters had gone but the demon minions did not take everything with them. There were pieces of ingredients, possibly used in their ritual, left behind and discarded. The man returned to your compound with samples of each.

Outside, your men spotted an outlying village. It appears peaceful and untouched. Your men feel uneasy about it. It is not that they fear the people in the village but rather for the village. No metal walls or machineguns guard those humans.

Dark Jester
Turn 1

(Hadn't expected you to setup the beginning for your story but alright, assume you always only have a 1000 junk limit on your abilities, spells and the like can be added without limit)

There was a low voiced argument between two people and heated by the sound of it. Eventually it ended, and one man stormed off the other opened the door to you. The flash of light blinded you for a second in the dark room. With a gun in hand, the man walked toward you.

"You want to go outside and do something," the man stated rather than asked in a rough voice. Anger seeped through his tone.

folder icon   05-23-2005, 06:45 PM
Post #89
Altherak

Tauren

Turn 13:

Leftover Cash: 1238

-I have Illi and my scientists to examine what was left behind from the Crekin. My scout is to try and find out where they could have gone.

-I go with my force to the village, at early dawn. We have our weapons drawn and are on full alert for anything. I ask the villagers why they have no protection. We then make sure that we can get back to our compound before nightfall.

folder icon   05-24-2005, 02:04 AM
Post #90
Dark Jester

Overlord

Turn 2: (I dunno if the junk shop was built. Logically it shouldn't have been since I'm not a leader yet, but just wanna make sure.)

Rolling herself into a sitting position Boltz put a hand up to try an block the light while the man glowered over her. Slowly rising to her feet she cautiously put her hands up and began a slow shuffle towards the door. The man impatiently tapped his foot while keeping the gun squarely on Boltz. Once she was abreast of the man she was quickly shoved through the door and fell to her hands and knees. Rising she rubbed her sore body and wondered exactly what the man expected of her.

folder icon   05-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Post #91
Pellanor

Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra_punk
I guess you could audit it.
Why yes, I think I will. And you had to see this one coming...

Personal Cash:
1000 Starting
-400 Guitar
-200 9mm Pistol
-300 Demonic Grace
-100 Boot Knife
+1000 Turn 1
-300 kevlar Vest
-50 Clothing
-50 Leather Boots

=600

Compound Cash:
1000 Turn 1
-500 Junk Shop
+200 Turn 2
-250 Suburban Farm

=450

I think you took 50 off my compound cash for clothing rather then off of my personal cash.

And you mentioned that the left over personal cash gets carried over to the compound total, so to start turn 3, I would have 450 + 600 + 200 = 1350.

Day 3:
I wake up to Brad knocking on my door. Seems like he's found somebody who wants to form an officle "Police" here. After talking with him for a time, I descided that forming the police would be a good idea, however we do not have the infastructure at the moment to afford that large of an investment. Hopefully in just a little while we'll be able set them up with the proper facilities.

As it seems that there have been no real threats from the outside, as I had forseen, I delay the construction of the walls further, and instead begin setting up a Scrap Yard. Now all I need is somebody to put in charge of the place. After thiking for a while I descide on Old Man Smith. He's always tinkering with something and can always seem to find whatever he's looking for in a pile of Junk. Unfortuantly his mind is starting to go, so he tends to have problems with things not junk-related. Like remembering peoples names, or remember to bathe. I make sure I have Tim and Brad stop by every now and then to make sure that he remembers that he's supposed to stay in the Scrap Yard.

While I'm talking with Brad and Tim I let them know that I will be forming up the Police soon, and to have them start getting ready, to get the transition to be as smooth as possible. I also want Tim and his men to keep an eye out for anything that looks suspicious. Try to watch for any cut throats. If they find anything they're to go get Brad and his men to deal with it.

Summary:
Build Scrap Yard
Remaining Junk: 1350-1250 = 100

note: just to speed things up, since I kinda fell behind when I was on my trip, let's just say that nothing of note happens for a few turns. I'll even do the population and junk calculations for you. I'm going to list the turns leading up to the construction of the police station. Until it is completed, Brad, Tim and their guys, along with myself are just going to patrol the city to keep an eye on things. I'm going to make sure to stop in and visit all the named NPCs that I've mentioned before at least twice during this time. You can just post a summary of all 5 turns, making less effort for you.

End of Turn 3: Junk: 100, Population: 1015
Turn 4: Junk: 100+351=451, Population: 1025
Turn 5: Build Wall, Junk: 451+351-500=302, Population: 1035
Turn 6: Junk: 302+353=655, Population: 1045
Turn 7: Build Police Station, Junk 655+354-1000=9, Population: 1055

SC2 ID: Pellanor - 760
LoL Summoner Name: Pellanor
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Post #92
Phantom X

Tauren

Quote:
(What happened to your signature?!)

Lol, just having fun with my sig.

Turn 10:
Junk: 910+206

I follow the soldier to the office tower, relaxing the grip on my gun just a little more. This does look interesting, hopefully no a peaceful coexistance with the nearby Blackwater Creek will be easily achieved. Of course before I enter the tower, and if the Faction of the Bull men do not have a problem with it (I ask before I give the orders), I send the 5 men that came with me back to the compound to inform the compound that the building is simply a faction trading post.

*STOP READING NOW*

folder icon   05-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Post #93
Dark Jester

Overlord

We get an additional +1000 first turn? I assumed we started with 1000$ to do whatever we wanted with our characters and then anything we didn't spend rolled over into our 1000$ compound fund. In other words I thought you started with 2000$ but only 1000$ of which could be spent on your character. Do we start with 2000 or 3000? I'm so confused now.

folder icon   05-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Post #94
Ultra_punk

Administrator

No we don't get an additional 1000 in the first turn. Pellanor made a mistake. *Runs away giggling*

Im fully willing to do the nothing happens for awhile thing, but if u could adjust for the extra one thousand junk you gave yourself, that would be cool.

folder icon   05-24-2005, 09:52 PM
Post #95
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Phantom X
Turn 10

You enter the office tower and find it well decorated with exotic goods. In this desolate wasteland, the people here have managed to craft a home that was both extravagant and seemingly far richer than the original modern world. No longer was this place simply an office with boring simliar cubicles. Pottery from a dozen cultures lay on display at various pedestals. Plants and other vegetation was being grown in areas turned into pools or fountains. Expensive draperies surrounded much of the wall. It was a modern building built into a luxurious palace.

"Hi and welcome," a slender woman said, as you entered a throne room. Flanking her was a well armoured guard with a jewel encrusted blade. However, it was the submachinegun tied to man's waist that worried you more. "I am CEO Magel, of the Bull Market Faction. We are a faction of Corporates."

Corporates, the word sounds like something from the modern world yet in this setting, it was also a throwback to ancient government systems. A vault to her left was left open so that gold and, surprisingly, paper cash spilled onto the floor. To her right was a massive television screen. At her feet lay an animal rug. The Corporates are certainly rich.

folder icon   05-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Post #96
Phantom X

Tauren

Turn 11:
Junk: 1,116+207-1250

Build Scrap Yard (1250 junk)

"The truth, Lady Magel, is that I am ever the more shocked and awed by your market with each minute that passes. I never thought I would see nearly so much of what the world used to use as currency, nor so many riches or valuable items. Yet you manage them as if they were but the beginning, if this is because it is but a small amount you amaze me even more. I came here expecting a monster of some sorts, and instead found a greedy mans heaven. If I can only rest assured that your faction has no relation with the greater scourges that inhabit this charred world we belong to, I will leave with only pure admiration. If this is so, I would certainly like to assure a peaceful coexistance, trade, or even alliance among the great faction of the bull and the growing compound of Blackwater Creek."

OOC: Oooooooooh, money.

*STOP READING NOW*

folder icon   05-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Post #97
Pellanor

Administrator

Quote:
No we don't get an additional 1000 in the first turn. Pellanor made a mistake. *Runs away giggling*

Im fully willing to do the nothing happens for awhile thing, but if u could adjust for the extra one thousand junk you gave yourself, that would be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellanor
Quote:
Purchase all of your equipment, and inform me of your leftover junk. You get 1000 for personal purchase of equipment and another 1000 junk for your compound.
So the 1000 personal is above and beyond the 1000 that we started with for character creation? Good stuff.

Why didn't you tell me this back when I asked about it on my first turn

I'll look over everything and make the changes for that junk reduction... I'll probably end up re-doing all my purchases starting from turn 1, but whatever.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Post #98
Pellanor

Administrator

Yeah for Double Posting!

anyways, I figured I'd be an ass and audit the other players too, and I found out that everybody but DJ has more $$ then they're supposed to. I stopped auditing at turn 4, because it looks like all the $$ screw ups were right at the begining.

Altherak:
1000 Starting Personal
1000 Starting Compound
-750 Wilderness Survival
-500 Good Eye
-200 Boot Knife x2
-600 Uzi x2
-500 junk Shop
= -550
+200 turn 2
+200 turn 3
+200 turn 4
-1250 Scrap yard
= -1200 (As you have it, he's at 50 right now, so he has 1250 more junk then he's supposed to)

Phanom X:
1000 Starting Personal
1000 Starting Compound
-850 0.35 Calibre Rifle
-50 clothes
-100 Boot Knife
-500 Junk Shop
-500 Dog
= 0
+200 junk turn 2
+200 junk turn 3
-500 walls
+200 junk turn 4
-250 farms
= -150 (As you have it, he's at 50 right now, so he has 200 junk more then he's supposed to)

so in summary:

Pellanor: +1000 junk
Altherak: +1250 junk
Phantom X: +200 junk
DJ: +0 junk

now there are a number of solutions for fixing this, but either way somebody is going to get it up the ass.

The most "correct" way to fix it would be to have everybody start over. That will ensure that everything is balanced. This hurts Phantom and Altherak the most, however, as they have taken the most turns and will have to redo all of them.

The easiest way would be to just adjust everybodies current Junk. Either add enough to have everybody equal Altheraks total, or reduce everybody to the point where they should be. This gives the advantage to the players who have already spent their junk, however. For instance, if Altherak didn't have that extra 1250, he may not have been able to afford the scrap yard, which means he would also loose the 1500 Junk that the scrap yard has produced for him.
This hurts Phantom the most because he would have been missing out on a large amount of cash for the longeset period of time.

I'll leave it up to you to choose what you want to do.

folder icon   05-25-2005, 01:27 PM
Post #99
Kjell Thusaud

War Chief

Micky Mouse on Crack

Is this why you don't update your own game?

Lame man, really lame!

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Post #100
Phantom X

Tauren

Umm, Pell, you forgot that compound growth increases per turn income. Doesn't make a big difference, but makes a difference nonetheless.

*STOP READING NOW*

folder icon   05-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Post #101
Pellanor

Administrator

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that...

If you really want to look at it, you'd see that at the end of turn 1 it is listed as you having 400 Junk, yet you really should have only had 200, as you had spent all 2k of your starting junk, and only gotten 1 turns income (+200).

If you were refering to the fact that income goes up as turns go by, that's because you have a base income of 10% of your population, plus 100 for the junk shop, so I guess my calculations may be off by as much as 5 junk. But I don't think that little bit's worth noting.

folder icon   05-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Post #102
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Okay, well i guess relying on the players to do calculations beforehand was a bad idea.

So ill just add junk to people. It's not going to ruin the game anyway. Players will see this in the compound post.

Pell, repost your turns so i know thats the one u want me to do the update with. You get enough money to match alterhak.

Phantom X
Turn 11

Magel is pleased with what she hears. She sees opportunity. Taking you to her wares she shows you a multitude of items that you can purchase. She offers you wine as you shop.

Cash Money: Each Bull Market Faction Dollar is worth 5 junk to her.
Uzis: 250 Junk
Bull Compact SMG: 800 Junk
12-Guage Shotgun: 1050 Junk
Clothing: 25 Junk
Bear Fur Coat: 500 Junk

folder icon   05-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Post #103
Phantom X

Tauren

Turn 12:

Buy 12-Guage Shotgun (1050 junk)

"Now that I have purchased this, if I may say so, very well priced shotgun, I would like to discuss two other matters. The first and of only slight importance, is if you would be interested in purchasing my 0.35 caliber rifle. The other, is of course, the prospect of negotiating a mutually benefiting agreement, or even better, an alliance."

*STOP READING NOW*

folder icon   05-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Post #104
Altherak

Tauren

ultra you loser update my turn

and what was up with the audit, i thought those spells were free, oh well

Turn 13:

Leftover Cash: 1238

-I have Illi and my scientists to examine what was left behind from the Crekin. My scout is to try and find out where they could have gone.

-I go with my force to the village, at early dawn. We have our weapons drawn and are on full alert for anything. I ask the villagers why they have no protection. We then make sure that we can get back to our compound before nightfall.

folder icon   05-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Post #105
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Phantom X
Turn 12

You purchase the shotgun and show her your rifle you wish to sell. She looks it over carefully judging it. She offers you 800 junk for the gun.

As for the talk of alliances, it makes her feel silly. She is a corporate, and as such, she believes corporates do not involve themselves in any kind of alliances. They are always neutral and always sell to the highest bidder.

Altherak
Turn 13

You approach the village armed with a look of danger on your faces and it immediately frightens them. They have nothing but metal bars and sticks to your guns, but they pick them up anyways. After a few tense moments, you give a more peaceful appearance to avert a battle.

"Why are we not armed?" one of the villagers responds. "We don't have any weapons to arm ourselves with. The monsters leave us well enough alone."

Back in your compound, your best thinkers attempt to figure out the Crekin materials. It appears that, through some written accounts from the war, it may be some kind of summoning circle they had been in. Or it could have been any other kind of magical ritual, since your people know so little of it. Still, it could reasonably be a summoning ritual. If it is, they might be summoning demons onto earth.

Return to Top  Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: