prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Avatar Wars - Group B  Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »
folder icon   10-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Post #36
Avathar

Overlord

Same here.

Cynics regarded everybody as equally corrupt... Idealists regarded everybody as equally corrupt, except themselves. - Robert Anton Wilson

Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism. - Carl Gustav Jung

Like a dream where you've lost all your fear. - Mark Olivier Everret (Mr. E)

Dominator of Spong of Monkeyent.

Tulip. - Avathar
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-13-2005, 12:15 PM
Post #37
Pellanor

Administrator

Round 5
Things are really heating up.
The Specter and the troll are going at it with no regards given to their own saftey. Blood and bits of shadow are flying everywhere.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when they start using their special abilities.

Chaotica inflicts 1 point of damage (HP 27 - 4 = 23)
Avathar inflicts 4 points of damage (HP 34 - 1 = 33)

Avathar has First Strike!

SC2 ID: Pellanor - 760
LoL Summoner Name: Pellanor
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Post #38
Avathar

Overlord

The spectre tears his guts out more, screaming while doing so.

"Jeehaw!"

Cynics regarded everybody as equally corrupt... Idealists regarded everybody as equally corrupt, except themselves. - Robert Anton Wilson

Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism. - Carl Gustav Jung

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Post #39
Carmius

Freelance Bum

My, this is much more involving than mine and Chaotica's battle

folder icon   10-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Post #40
Pellanor

Administrator

Yeah. I think it would be hard to have a less involving one then that.

Actually, if it was you vs me. I got first round 1, then you go and nuke me, then you get first strike round two and nuke me again, before I can heal, and then I'm dead. That would be about as fast of a match as could be pulled off.

However, if I did somehow survive those two attacks, you would be all sorts of dead. Well, providing I have some more stuff then I do now anyways...

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Post #41
Avathar

Overlord

Ah well, Carmius is just a big bad mofo . I'm not sure if his special is too powerful, but we'll see in time. EDIT: Hmm well, 13-16 is a bit much if you ask me, I mean, pellanor has less damage from his special most of the times, and is stunned afterwards too, so I think the damage should be somewhat lowered, or be given a higer factor of luck. Like 8-13 maybe? or 8-15/8-14. Just a suggestion, but everyone will die if he has 2 vitamins or more this way.

By the way, check my edits in the marketplace topic please pell, I have some questions.

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Post #42
Chaotica

Blademaster

The troll decides to go defensive, and suddenly turns to stone!

I read about an Eskimo hunter who asked the local missionary priest, - 'If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?' - 'No', said the priest, 'not if you did not know.' - 'Then why,' asked the Eskimo earnestly, 'did you tell me?' - Annie Dillard
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Post #43
Avathar

Overlord

When Chaoticas defense is lowered with an item/ability, for example by 3, then his stoneform defense is reduced by 6 right? Not that I can perform an action like that this battle but I was just wondering.

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Post #44
Chaotica

Blademaster

I'd say if you lower it before I stoneform it is reduced by 6, but after I stoneform still by 3?

I read about an Eskimo hunter who asked the local missionary priest, - 'If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?' - 'No', said the priest, 'not if you did not know.' - 'Then why,' asked the Eskimo earnestly, 'did you tell me?' - Annie Dillard
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Post #45
Pellanor

Administrator

Any multiplies (ie. double defence) are applied after all other modifications.

ie. base Def 10. +3 from Defencive Stance, -7 from Razor Dust = 6. 6x2 = 12.

Round 6
Suddenly the troll begins to take the form of a stone statue. His skin begins hardening, making him all but impenitrable to damage.

But before he can complete his transformation, Avathar lashes out and steals some life force from him.

Avathar inflicts 1 point of damage (HP 33)
Chaotic takes stone form (HP 23 - 1 = 22) - [$4 pillaged][stone form 4 more turns]

Chaotica has first strike!

note: I'm assuming that you will sit there in a defensive stance until your duration expires unless you state otherwise.

folder icon   10-14-2005, 03:32 AM
Post #46
Avathar

Overlord

The spectre decides to drink a canteen of blood. "Jummmy." *ghastly burp*

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-14-2005, 03:34 AM
Post #47
Chaotica

Blademaster

Pellanor assumed correct and I'm staying defensive.

folder icon   10-14-2005, 11:14 AM
Post #48
Pellanor

Administrator

Round 7
We're at a bit of a stand off here folks. The Troll has turned into solid stone, and is just kind sitting there.

The specter, realizing that his opponent is going to be harder to hurt, chugs back on a canteen of blood.

Chaotic is stoned (HP 22 +5 = 27) - [$4 pillaged][stone form 3 more turns]
Avathar chugs back a canteen (HP 33) - [+5 attack for 3 more turns]

Avathar has First Strike

folder icon   10-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Post #49
Avathar

Overlord

Agressive mode. Btw is it plus 5 damage or strength?

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Post #50
Pellanor

Administrator

+5 to your attack score. Which means that, in aggressive mode, you have an attack score of 12. Which is just below what mine is normally.

I think you just really wasted that canteen.

Round 8
The specter attempts to smite the stoned troll, but is unable to inflict more damage then the troll seems to be healing.

Avathar inflicts 1 point of damage - [+5 attack for 2 more turns]
Chaotic is stoned (HP 27 - 1 + 5 = 31) - [$4 pillaged][stone form 2 more turns]

folder icon   10-14-2005, 11:21 AM
Post #51
Avathar

Overlord

That is because I assumed that he had 20 DEF, not 26. Shit on that.

Agressive again.

And how did chaotica pillage this last turn?

EDIT: when he is a stone I assume I may always attack first during that state right?

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Post #52
Pellanor

Administrator

yeah, pretty much.

and that's a running total for the amount pillaged.

Round 9
Frustrated that even with his blood-infused-diet, the specter is unable to inflict notable damage t othe troll, he winds up and gives the stoned creature a sollid boot to the backside.

Avathar inflicts 1 point of damage (HP 33)- [+5 attack for 1 more turn]
Chaotic is stoned (HP 31 - 1 + 5 = 35) - [$4 pillaged][stone form 1 more turn]

folder icon   10-14-2005, 11:41 AM
Post #53
Avathar

Overlord

The spectre notices tiny cracks in the stone cocoon, and decides it will be better to get himself a nice pint of adamantine lotion. Yes, he drinks it, for there isn't much to salve is there? .

He will be ready for it.

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-14-2005, 11:50 AM
Post #54
Pellanor

Administrator

Round 10
As the Stoned Troll begins to revert back to a more fleshy form, the Specter takes his sweet time in applying some form of lotion to himself...

Avathar lotions up (HP 33)- [+5 attack last turn][+7 defence for 4 more turns]
Chaotic is stoned (HP 35 + 5 = 40) - [$4 pillaged][stone form last turn]

now this is an important initiative. If Chaotica goes first then his stone form wears off and he gets to smack Avathar around a bit.
If Avathar goes first then his attack comes while the troll is still stoned.

Chaotica has First Strike!

folder icon   10-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Post #55
Avathar

Overlord

Hmm then my idea of turns was different from yours, but still it worked out the way it should for me. At least I calculated so far. But now my strength is still there too, jiej!

Tulip. - Avathar
Last edited by Avathar on 10-14-2005 at 12:07 PM.
folder icon   10-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Post #56
Chaotica

Blademaster

However, the stoned troll waits for one more turn, so teh Spectre can give another 1 damage buttkick. (If that is possible...)

folder icon   10-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Post #57
Avathar

Overlord

No, because you are the first to strike. Heh. So aggressive it is.

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Post #58
Pellanor

Administrator

Your stone form ends with this action. So if you do nothing, then your stone form will end automatically, then he will attack you, so I would suggest you actualy take an action.

just a quick thing with how the turns end up working out.

Let's say I activate an ability on my turn, and it lasts 5 turns. Let's say it gives a +2 to attack and defence.

I immediatly have that bonus on my turn, so if somebody makes an attack against me that round (ie. I had first strike) then I still have the bonus to defence.

now we go to the next turn. I have the bonus of course, and there are now 4 turns left (having used 1 out of 5 turns).
The next round I have 3 turns left.
Then 2 turns left
Then 1 turn left
Then my final turn. In this final turn I have the bonuses until my action is over. So if I get first strike, then I get my bonus to attack, but since my opponent is going after me, my bonus to defence doesn't apply.
If I didn't get first strike, then my opponent would attack first and my +2 def would still be in effect.
Either way my last attack benefits from the +2 attack.

As you can see, with a defensive ability, depending on first strike, I can have that bonus to defence for either 4, 5, or 6 of my opponents attacks. Assuming he attacks with every action.

I hope that actually helps to clarify things and not just confuse you further.

folder icon   10-14-2005, 01:28 PM
Post #59
Chaotica

Blademaster

In that case I go aggro and attack.

folder icon   10-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Post #60
Avathar

Overlord

For the sake of appearance: I go agressive too. Now calculate, bitch

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Post #61
Pellanor

Administrator

Round 11
Both oponents seem to be tired of all this waiting around, and clash at each otherwith evil glares in their eyes.
The troll slashes out at the now reinforced Specter and is surprised at the amount of resistance he meets.
On the otherhand the specter is quite pleased to be battering at soft flesh rather then unyielding stone.

Chaotic inflict 3 points of damage (HP 40 + 0 - 8 = 32) - [$6 pillaged]
Avathar inflicts 8 points of damage (HP 33 - 3 = 30) - [+7 defence for 3 more turns]

Chaotica has First Strike

note: the +0 in the HP section is just there to represent the fact that you should have healed more, but since you were at max health, you couldn't gain more.

folder icon   10-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Post #62
Chaotica

Blademaster

Teh troll hates teh spectre adn just slashes his shady guts...

Avvies spectre attacks at agressive stanza tooo (because I am here at Chaoticas place-Av)

folder icon   10-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Post #63
Pellanor

Administrator

Round 12

What a mighty assault. These two are putting all their might into tearing eachother to pieces. Unfortunatly neither is much good at inflicting damage, so they don't accomplish much.

Chaotica inflicts 1 point of damage (HP 32 - 2 = 30) - [$6 pillaged]
Avathar inflicts 2 points of damage (HP 30 - 1 = 29) - [+7 defence for 2 more turns]

Chaotica has First Strike.

folder icon   10-15-2005, 03:51 AM
Post #64
Avathar

Overlord

You forgot: [+7 defence for 2 more turns].

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-15-2005, 07:38 AM
Post #65
Chaotica

Blademaster

Attack at agressive again.

folder icon   10-15-2005, 07:40 AM
Post #66
Avathar

Overlord

The spectre also reacts in a maybe a bit too agressive way by doing a spectreblast, sending horror and nightmare with it. Poor Troll.

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-16-2005, 01:40 AM
Post #67
Pellanor

Administrator

Round 13
These two both go at it savagley again, but this time they seem to be a bit more effective.

Chaotica inflicts 3 points of damage (HP 30 - 6 = 24) - [$7 pillaged]
Avathar inflicts 6 points of damage (HP 29 - 3 = 26) - [+7 defence for 1 more turn]

Chaotica has First Strike.

folder icon   10-16-2005, 06:51 AM
Post #68
Chaotica

Blademaster

Chaotica attacks defensively now to wait untill the defensive shit wears off.

folder icon   10-16-2005, 08:56 AM
Post #69
Avathar

Overlord

What a wise man, well, I keep going agressive.

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-16-2005, 12:50 PM
Post #70
Pellanor

Administrator

Round 14
This is one long match folks, and it doesn't look like it's going to end any time soon.

The troll takes a defensive posture, hoping to out-wait his opponents buff. The specter will have none of that, and continues his aggressive assault.

Chaotica inflicts 1 point of damage (HP 24 - 1 = 23) - [$7 pillaged]
Avathar inflicts 1 point of damage (HP 26 - 1 = 25) - [+7 def, last turn]

Chaotica has FS.

Return to Top  Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: