newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

HOTON: lets play  Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »
folder icon   09-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Post #36
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

inventories leather bags worn on the back or at your side.

DARKASSASINR

its obviously of a white bird
however, it is 2 feet long, and the color "the purest star reflecting off of water on a cloudless night"

in otherwards, you dont know what the color is called, and only vagely remember stories of a bird this big when you were a child.

heres what you remember;

the live in the north of the jungle

they kill who ever sees them, eating the remains so they cannot be found
something about a graveyard of some kind by running water...

....and something about someone called Xa (exah)

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

"I am only a Product of your Necessity"
~ Jack The Prophet, The Book of Jack
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-18-2006, 11:43 PM
Post #37
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I casually walk up to the strange( and seemingly knowledgeable) man I was speaking to earlier, I then ask him if he recognises the feather and knows from where it comes.

folder icon   09-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Post #38
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

DarkAssasinr

by doing this you do it in front of Bryndan. do you still take this action?

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Post #39
Darkassasinr

Tauren

Yes, I do this action. At the moment curiousity consumes caution.

folder icon   09-18-2006, 11:52 PM
Post #40
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

okay then

DARK ASSASINR

first off, i must inform you that you will not be allowed to take another action until Bryndon posts his turn; it would be unfair if he doesnt get a chance to interact with you if he wanted to.

any ways, hte old man gives you a cold look, then tells you its from a LanTii (it means night sky.) suddenly memories of your childhood rush back to you; the Lantii were massive whtie birds that would trick man into being their food.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Post #41
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdaw
BRYNDON

the old man actually chuckles...
"ah yes...i remember when i was curious; it benifited me greatly...but almost got me killed more times then would like...
tell me, Child, what do you know outside of the Trbes?"

"Hah, my memory is like a sieve. But I remember that I have Forgotten something, or maybe forgotten someone very important."
Quote:
any ways, hte old man gives you a cold look, then tells you its from a LanTii (it means night sky.) suddenly memories of your childhood rush back to you; the Lantii were massive whtie birds that would trick man into being their food.

"They must be very interesting creatures. Have you ever bee- er, seen one? I'm not much of a hunter, but I would like to see such a bird someday."

I'm going to start keep one eye on the sky and one eye on the man, hoping neither surprise me. It'd be cool to learn about both of them.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-19-2006, 12:37 AM
Post #42
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I ask the old man,"Do you know why the Lantii are so near to the village?"

I attempt to recall any method of combatting such a feirce bird of prey.

folder icon   09-19-2006, 07:05 AM
Post #43
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

I feel slightly confused. On one hand, I am aware (and a bit embarassed) of the reverence with which the people around are showing to me, but after seeing that woman running from that man, I feel a strong desire to break off from the ceremony and the people's eyes to follow the couple and find out why they are behaving so strangely. I prepare myself to brisk-walk to them, when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see a big man, far older than me asking for my name. I wonder why he's cringing. I make a mental note to get back to the mysterious lady, but for the meantime- I divert my attention to this man with the tatoo on his face, greeting him friendlily, to assure him that I seek no animosity between us.

"My name is Iskada. And what is your name...*notices morningstar*...mighty warrior?"

folder icon   09-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Post #44
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

BRYNDON and Dark Assasinr

his eyes glaze over as he begins to tell a story

"there once was a women who was made of the night...she fell to the hearts of man and to did her reign...from her blood grew eleven trees, and from each tree grew three fruits, and from each fruit was one seed...the fruit came ripe and fell and broke open...but alas no seed was born but rather 33 women of feather..."

he pauses to take a drink and light his pipe, he is smoking a yellow powder mixed with brown flakes.

"as to why they are so near...you'll have to ask them...i can only speculate..."

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Post #45
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

GRUNT

if crusader doesn't reply in the next 24 hours, move on as though he never spoke to you.

CRUSADER

if the above happens you will arrive just after grunt departs, you will arive into teh circle before anyone else goes for water

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Post #46
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

GRUNT
hey man, you still interested in doing artwork for me?>

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-19-2006, 03:06 PM
Post #47
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Again I bow my head to him.

"My name is Veraka, I hail from the river tribe. My apologies, holy one, for my forwardness. I have never been this close to an Ashade before."

Feeling somewhat uncomfortable, I look past the boy back towards the ceremony, wishing I had never said anything to begin with.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Post #48
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

CRUSADER

when you look past to the ceremony, you see the dancing and stomping begins going even faster, the women are now on their knees thrashing their bodies about.

the water begins to glow like the moon, and fruit grows on the tree that too glow--you know this to be the final step to the cermony; where the three chieftans wade into the water to be judged, it the water (which is only three feet deep) sucks them under, then they are too be forgotten by all; for this means they have commited some crime against human nature. if they succeed they will eat of the fruit and live another 300 years as chieftan.

chieftans often out live their own family.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Post #49
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

Well, I'm certainly glad that nobody at the ceremony seems to mind me wandering off like that.

"Speak freely, Veraka- what can I do for you, friend?"

I take a quick glance backwards to see what happened to the lady who was running away from that lad.

JACKDAW:
I'm not as free these days . I'm afraid I can't really promise anything, sorry . If you want, you can still email me your ideas, and I will see what I can do...

folder icon   09-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Post #50
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I ask the old man, "How do you feel about daylight?"

folder icon   09-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Post #51
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

I have nothing to say at this point, but I would like to observe the ceremony. I turn my head to get a better view of the chieftain's ritual.

folder icon   09-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Post #52
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

DarkAssasinr

the old man smiles and says only one thing;
"daylight is eternal, always rising again from the night."

THE CEREMONY

the woman at this point are howling with painful ecstasy, many of them are bruised and bleeding from their savage dance.

the three chieftans; the priest, the warrior, and the sage, all step into the water as one.

they make to to the tree that bears the sparkling fruit...and one by one they take one until the Warrior King reaches out....whereas he bursts into silver flame and begins screaming.

a bolt of skyfire flares down from the cloudless sky and strikes the tree...torrents of brilliant rushing outward, consuming the tranced women as one--they didnt even scream

the enter hill errupts with liquid fire and the sky becomes a storm...

children are screaming and running away from the ashed tree.

the fire subsides into a dull green and blue blaze where teh water once was.

all three chieftans are dead and had been thrown from the pit...all except the Warrior--of whome there is no trace.

the sky fire continues to flare, striking the ground in spontanious areas.

THE TREE OF HOPE IS NOW MADE OF SCARLET CINDERS

THE CHIEFTANS ARE ALL DEAD

THE WOMEN ARE ALL MOTIONLESS

THE HOLY WATER IS AFLAME

and only the strange man with the jug seems to not notice...even the old ones who are drunk and influenced stumbled away in fear.

THIS HAS NEVER BEEN RECORDED TO HAVE EVER HAPPENED BEFORE

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Post #53
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I search the area for wounded, then move in close to Examine the pillar of ash where the tree used to be.

folder icon   09-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Post #54
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

DARK ASSASINR

fortunely, most of the women you check are alive...hurt and burned...but alive all the same.

strange that you walk towards the fire, while most run from it.
this was an omen of--quite literally--doom, the tree/pool/hill represented the peace between the tribes as welll as the very lifeforce off the Sakin people.

as you aprouch you notice something shimering and smoking on the ground.

Three Small Seeds...

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Post #55
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

Taking hold of the strange man's wrist, I make my way over to the tree to see what I can see. I'd like to check out the water.

folder icon   09-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Post #56
Darkassasinr

Tauren

After a careful examination, I plant one of the seeds in the ground, and water it if there is any remaining water from the pool, I place the other two seeds in my satchel.

folder icon   09-20-2006, 12:47 AM
Post #57
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

BRYNDAN

the man glances up, and then with unexpected strength decks you in the face and takes off running

he hit you hard enough to knock you down.

you take 2 dmage (you heal 5 every 24 hours)

NOTE the man picked up a seven foot shaft of wood from the ground before he began leaving

DARKASSASINR

the planted seed just sits there on account of there being only fire iin the pit...

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-20-2006, 01:38 AM
Post #58
~Crusader~

Ranger

No sooner had I heard the Ashade's words, the horrible erruption occurred. Even to my dimmed eyes it was bright and terrifying.

As soon as it had happened, the lights dimmed once again. I manage to find my feet and see a man be attacked by an older man, who then picks up a long piece of wood and runs.

"Wait!" I call out to him, and begin to run after him.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-20-2006, 07:27 AM
Post #59
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

I'm taken aback by the sudden turn of events, but at the same time, worried because that terrible premonition I had had turned out to come true. I put thos worries to one side for now- people need me. I rush off from Crusader (who seems too preoccupied chasing an old man) and see DarkAssassinr tending to some wounded- I go to help him, doing what I can to heal those who are injured the most.

folder icon   09-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Post #60
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

"THAT MAN DID IT!"

and chase after him, brandishing my spears. i'm not expecting a fight as much as i am a disappearing act.

folder icon   09-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Post #61
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

BRYDAN

taking off after the man, you do not realize amidst the screams and shouts that CRUSADER is trailing behind you.

the man leads you to the the edge of the jungle below and then stops, panting for breath and clutching his chest...only his staff is holding him up.

CRUSADER

you see bryndon with a spear ready to strike chasing after the man; he is fifteen feet ahead of you. the soft dirt mutes the sound of the footsteps.

you also will notice from your position on the hill, some shiney white move through the trees about 100 feet to the left. then another one to the right.

GRUNT AND DARKASSASIn

between the two of you, you manage to reviive a young girl; barely an adult...she whispered one word and then goes into seizures;
"broken"

in 5 minutes she does die, coughing up blood.

she was the daughter to the WaterFall tribes chieftan (the sage), and said to be able to read the wind.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Post #62
~Crusader~

Ranger

I ignore the white shapes from the woods, passing it off as an effect from the explosion. I keep running after Bryndon.

folder icon   09-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Post #63
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

"Broken..." I say contemplatingly to DarkAssassinr "what do you think it-"

I hear Brydon's shout over those of the people around me. I've done what I can for the wounded, and the prospect of catching the person responsible for this has me overcome with a momentary rage. I get up and give chase as fast as my 14-year-old legs can carry me, the face of that girl I was unable to save etched in my mind, as well as her mysterious last word.

folder icon   09-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Post #64
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

"Tell me what you know about this!" I brandish my spear. I'm fairly sure this guy can destroy me in combat, but maybe it won't come to that.

"Tell me what you know about the trees burning, or I'll impale you where you stand".

folder icon   09-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Post #65
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

BRYNDON

the man turned to you with a tired look in his eyes...he does not answer the question but rather makes a request...

"help...me...get home..."

he then collapses...

CRUSADER

you arrrive to see the man sag to the ground in front of Bryndan

GRUNT

you see the old man sag...as well as CRUSADER and BRYDAN standing over him

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Post #66
Darkassasinr

Tauren

Realising the seed I just planted cannot possibly grow here now, I retrieve it.

I then approach the seemingly unphased man with a jug, and ask him if he knows what is going on.

folder icon   09-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Post #67
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

DarkASASSINR

just incase you didnt realize it, the man tried to run away, and now everyone is chasing him.

so assuming that you are also going to him...ill post as such.

You see the man runing away, you see Bryndan stand up off the ground and give chase,
you see crusader chase him

and you here the words calling out that The Man did it.

at the same time yoou move after them, grunt does not see you yet, but he is right in front of you.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-20-2006, 11:22 PM
Post #68
Darkassasinr

Tauren

ahh, yes, ty, I rush along to track him down.

folder icon   09-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Post #69
~Crusader~

Ranger

I catch up to Bryndon,

"Wait friend!" I yell to him, fearing that he may attack the man, "What has happened to him?"

folder icon   09-21-2006, 01:22 AM
Post #70
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

"Here's how I see it so far: Our hill has never exploded before, this man has never been here before. This man is here now, our sacred ritual just exploded, and I blame him. That one there (darkassassinr's character, don't know his name just yet) was talking with him. He mentioned there are some man-eating birds flying around, you're alive, so I figure you haven't seen them yet. Now he wants to go him, but I'd rather find out what he knows".

Waiting on Darkassassinr to turn up:

"Tell us what you know. The conversation with this outsider might be a good place to start."

Return to Top  Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: