ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > StarCraft II Discussion > May 19th announcment
Search this Thread:
What will happen at the WWI?
You may not vote on this poll
This poll will close on 05-20-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Starcraft 2 will be announced, joy in the streets of Seoul [ 10 ] polls/bar2-l.gifpolls/bar2.gifpolls/bar2-r.gif 35.71%
Some other crappy surprise game will be anounced. [ 5 ] polls/bar3-l.gifpolls/bar3.gifpolls/bar3-r.gif 17.86%
The announcing of anything will be inexplicitly postponed. [ 3 ] polls/bar4-l.gifpolls/bar4.gifpolls/bar4-r.gif 10.71%
The rumours of the anouncement of Sarcraft 2 will cause mass boycott of wow and blizzard will go bankrupt due to the financial backlash and therefore all projects will be cancelled. [ 2 ] polls/bar5-l.gifpolls/bar5.gifpolls/bar5-r.gif 7.14%
Blizzard will make the long awaited biographic adventure game "The life and times of keeper" [ 8 ] polls/bar6-l.gifpolls/bar6.gifpolls/bar6-r.gif 28.57%
Total: 28 votes 100%

newthread reply StarCraft II Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

May 19th announcment  Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »
folder icon   05-15-2007, 01:05 AM
Post #71
Black~Enthusiasm

Arch Druid

Huh.... The game isnt even officialy anounced yet. It'll probably wont be out in the next 2 or 3 years. What if you die until then?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-15-2007, 01:34 AM
Post #72
Gaggin

Arch Druid

Velentris on Shadowsong

Screw that unless its the collector's edition. 80 franks is like what, 60 USD? That doesn't seem like a CE price.

I'd personally love to see a Diablo-like MMORPG. 2 factions, good vs evil, heaven and hell kind of shit, not cartoony like WoW, very realistic and cutting edge.

folder icon   05-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Post #73
Silencer-7

The People's Champion

Valkor on Whisperwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaggin
Screw that unless its the collector's edition. 80 franks is like what, 60 USD? That doesn't seem like a CE price.

I'd personally love to see a Diablo-like MMORPG. 2 factions, good vs evil, heaven and hell kind of shit, not cartoony like WoW, very realistic and cutting edge.

I found WoWs graphics to be a breath of fresh air, actually. Most MMORPGs with realistic graphics (lienage 2, everquest 2, vanguard) actually end up looking rather drab and uninteresting.

4000 posts means i gotta do 4000 chicks... yes, thats the advantage of a high post count! - dimitri

Well i banned suckmyballs today, although he has an enticing name i just had to ban him. - Ultrapunk

Your punctuation, especially the quadruple comma,,,, fascinates me. - TheMadMac
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Post #74
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

the entire Warcraft series has always had an art style that some people call 'cartoony'. WoW is no exception. personally i have no problem with it. as Silencer says, games that try to look realistic often fall short of the mark and end up looking plain; a game with its own unique art style has a much easier time living up to its own ideals and looking the better for it.

now, if you dont like the art style in question, well... that may cause a problem for you

edit: something just occured to me... perhaps the frontpage splash is so ambiguous because theyre actually doing a new game, like NEW new, not part of one of their established worlds? i know this was a theory before, but perhaps the fact that the frontpage is going over all of blizzard history, not being mysterious or indicative of one game world, is indicative of their creating something new and unprecedented?

Last edited by Planet_Buster on 05-15-2007 at 09:40 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Post #75
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

You know, P_B - that horrifying thought DID occur to me...I try not to think about it, though. I'm sure whatever Blizzard produces will be good, but...right now, I just really want SC2 .

folder icon   05-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Post #76
Crusty_-_-Gloves

War Chief

it could also be showing:a shitload of warcrafts, a bunch of diablos, and 1 starcraft

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-18-2007, 04:33 AM
Post #77
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

PC gamer says they have 'exclusive info about a hugely important game'. Apparently if will 'blow your f'ing mind'.

http://www.pcgamerpodcast.com/?p=132

If it is Starcraft 2, my mind will definitely explode .

The wait is almost over. I just hope that whatever the amount of content we get tomorrow, it's not so much that I won't be able to do homework .

folder icon   05-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Post #78
Kjell Thusaud

War Chief

Micky Mouse on Crack

Coming close now!

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Post #79
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

"The wait is almost over!" Says PC gamer. "awesome announcement and game info" will soon be ours for the hearing.

http://www.pcgamerpodcast.com/?p=133

folder icon   05-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Post #80
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

mere hours away!

folder icon   05-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Post #81
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

37 minutes away! If it is SC2, my head will explode! I want a cinematic teaser!

folder icon   05-19-2007, 01:03 AM
Post #82
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

3:00 - FMV sequence in a spaceship - looks Terran - zooming in on a metal door - door opening - reveals a guy with a cigar in chains - prisoner - door shuts behind him - there's so much bass the room is shaking - guy steps into some kind of metallic devicce - legs are strapped in - guy rising toward ceiling - Korean text on screen got people very excited - another part of the machine is dropping metal arms on him - machine whirring - applying armor to his torso - extremly detailed visuals here - now guy is strapping on gloves - armor is molding together - seems like a Terran marine - rockets turn on - zerg now onscreen - Marine delivers a line - StarCraft 2 officially announced.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG

STARRRRCRAFT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

folder icon   05-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Post #83
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

YOU BEAT ME TO IT YOU NO-GOOD GIT!!

OH YESSS! z00t!!!!!! z00t! z00t!!!!! spam smileys!

New Protoss Units:
Immortals - Heavy Dragoons - when receiving heavy fire special shields appear, rendering it almost invulnerable. The unit is vulnerable to small-arms fire, however)

Colossus - Heavy two-legged Walker - armed with dual cutting lasers that can eliminate swathes of zerglings at a time. Can traverse different levels of terrain thanks to long legs ('Inverse Kinetic' system).

Phoenix - Flying anti-air unit - can overcharge its weapons to send out a 'multiple projectile blast'. After using this ability, the phoenix is rendered inert for a short time.

Stalker - Four-legged walker - These are the Dark Templars' dragoons, apparently. Armed with an anti-infantry cannon and can teleport short distances

Warp Ray - Aerial Fighter - Does more damage to a target the longer it attacks. Potential for high damage output, even against buildings, but not very tough.

Mothership - Super Unit - Extremely expensive, and you can only have one. Has the 'time bomb' ability which slows time in a field around the ship. Enemy projectiles that hit the field move so slowly that they never come into contact with the mothership. Once the field wears off, projectiles fall harmlessly to the ground. Also has the 'planet cracker' ability which is a bunch of laser beams that focus together to destroy stuf beneath it (the mothership can still move while using this). The mothership can also create a Black Hole which sucks nearby enemy air units into it, destroying them.

New Terran Units
Reapers - Medium infantry - armed with two pistols and can jump-pack over terrain. Good for raiding.)

New Zerg Units
Ground-Scourge thing - Suicide Troopers - according to IGN, these are evolved from Zerglings. They're like Scourges, but on the ground.

Last edited by -G R U N T- on 05-19-2007 at 03:16 AM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-19-2007, 01:28 AM
Post #84
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

"called a protoss mothership - can only have 1 at a time - cost big resources - special abilities include timebomb that slows all enemy missiles inside - shows terran missle launcher shooting in projectiles that stop in the field before they reach the ship - when field ends missiles drop the ground - planet cracker attack - giant lasers stream from ship to ground - ship can be moved around while planet cracker laser is active - the ship looks like a metallic, triangular sand dollar - mothership can create a black hole anywhere it wannts to - creates distortion that actually sucks ships in and destroys them - in the demo the black hole destroyed four terran battle cruisers in about ten seconds."

I AM NOW A UNIT IN SC2

folder icon   05-19-2007, 02:11 AM
Post #85
Black~Enthusiasm

Arch Druid

POST LINKS YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

edit: no, wait, you people are kidding, right? there's no SCII. Can't find anything anywhere.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-19-2007, 02:16 AM
Post #86
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6171170...estnews;title;1

http://pc.ign.com/articles/788/788627p1.html

folder icon   05-19-2007, 02:16 AM
Post #87
Black~Enthusiasm

Arch Druid

Because I have to do everything by myself: http://pc.ign.com/articles/788/788627p1.html

edit: at grunt

edit: its been 10 minutes, and I'm still laughing.

folder icon   05-19-2007, 02:22 AM
Post #88
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

Pictures (I'm loving SC2's logo)
http://up.kupatrix.com/members/browse/1/Starcraft%20II

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/850/850126/imgs_1.html <- first real screenshots

Video
http://tvpot.daum.net/theme/ThemeView.do?themeid=122&l

folder icon   05-19-2007, 02:27 AM
Post #89
-F00TMAN-

Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by -G R U N T-

Alliance footman. And proud of it
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-19-2007, 02:37 AM
Post #90
Crusty_-_-Gloves

War Chief

looks motha fuckin dope

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-19-2007, 03:50 AM
Post #91
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

heh, the blizzard.com homepage...

Starcraft 2: Hell, it's about time.

damn right.

folder icon   05-19-2007, 04:56 AM
Post #92
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

Darn right!

www.starcraft2.com is loaded with goodies, but my comp is so slow and I think it's overloaded with people, too

I'm not to keen on the new Protoss voices just yet . I'm keeping an open mind though, I'll need to hear more of them.

The animation for the Gateway upgrading to a Warpgate is just SICK!

folder icon   05-19-2007, 05:01 AM
Post #93
Funderbunk

Farseer

So far nothing about new races. The site FAQ answers that question with "the old races will return". Hm. I figure that's for the best, but yet it seems a lie to me.

folder icon   05-19-2007, 06:18 AM
Post #94
Chaotica

Blademaster

Yay!

I read about an Eskimo hunter who asked the local missionary priest, - 'If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?' - 'No', said the priest, 'not if you did not know.' - 'Then why,' asked the Eskimo earnestly, 'did you tell me?' - Annie Dillard
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-19-2007, 06:36 AM
Post #95
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

I'm listening to PCgamer's podcast at the moment and one of the dudes said that there will DEFINITELY be just 3 races.

I'm glad - I was really worried they'd add a new race for the sake of it.

My theory: at the end of SC2, we see hybrids/new race(Xel Naga?) and whatnot. In the expansion pack - fourth race is added .

folder icon   05-19-2007, 06:54 AM
Post #96
VeeGee

Grrrr!

Exciting. Who would've thought it's going to be StarCraft II

Anyway, you guys better get cracking on that SC2 site... or the WorldofWar.net crew is going to steal your fame again. Maybe if I'm less drunk and I remain unemployed next week I'll return to my news-hunting galore position again... I think I'm posting this in the wrong thread, but bleh...

Anyway, 3 races is the way to go I think. More is not always better.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Post #97
Kjell Thusaud

War Chief

Micky Mouse on Crack

http://www.starcraft2.com/art.xml?4

http://www.starcraft2.com/art.xml?13

Familiar faces?

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Post #98
Kris

StarCraft Live
Webmaster

I posted screen shots already... can anyone write up a news post for "Starcraft 2 Announced" that includes some basic details of what the game is all about and either email/pm/or post it back here and I'll get it up. I may have some time when my daughter takes a nap to get some stuff posted, otherwise it will have to wait until tonight. I'll put a couple hours of kungfu into it later tonight.

If anyone has time to write descriptions for the units announced and any seen in the screen shots or artwork, that would be awesome. Again, post them here or pm or email me.

The site is up but I don't have a lot of the admin stuff setup yet, so much of this stuff will have to go through me. Eventually anyone involved will be able to update pretty much anything on the site. Given Blizzard's release date history, I image we've got a couple years before this is even released.

Fun Infused Games | My Blog | Smooth Operator | Evilscale | Wellplayed.net
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Post #99
Black~Enthusiasm

Arch Druid

Protoss seems to have changed a lot, but I think that the changes remain within the larger themes of this race: high-cost, high-effectivity, highly specialised units, but no polivalence. I mean, look at the screenshots where we see zergs: there's a hundred zerglins. But whenever there's protoss units, its never more than a dozen, max. So the essential caracteristics of the 3 race are probably going to be respected, despite the dramatic changes we've seen with the protss (The Motherships, the Colossus)

Also, have you noticed how there was no overlords in the screenshots featurings zergs? And how the nydus canal seem to be able to apear anywhere on the map, not only on creep-covered areas? I imagine that the new nydus canal will take over the role of mass transportation away from the overlords.

Come on people, specualte away!

folder icon   05-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Post #100
Jeltz

Demi-God

I recommend watching the Starcraft 2 gameplay demo at Youtube. I think that that is the entire gameplay demo shown. IGN only has the last battle.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Damn I want this game.

EDIT: Is it just me or are the answers in the FAQ about the number of races in SC2 cleverly formulated not to exclude a possible fourth race. I seriously doubt they will add one -- they will have enough troubles balancing 3 races.

I eat robots for breakfast with syrup A(CBRT)
Show me! show you! Kikkomaan!

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Post #101
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

sent you a unit write-up, Kris.

and hi Jeltz. long time no see.

folder icon   05-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Post #102
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Huzzah!

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Post #103
Silencer-7

The People's Champion

Valkor on Whisperwind

That's a relief. I was worried there for a second that Seoul would be engulfed in violent riots. =)

Seriously though, fucking awesome!

4000 posts means i gotta do 4000 chicks... yes, thats the advantage of a high post count! - dimitri

Well i banned suckmyballs today, although he has an enticing name i just had to ban him. - Ultrapunk

Your punctuation, especially the quadruple comma,,,, fascinates me. - TheMadMac
Last edited by Silencer-7 on 05-19-2007 at 03:39 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Post #104
Jeltz

Demi-God

Interesting idea about the lack of overlords, but I think they will be present in SC2. It is possible for the Zerg to have two means of transportation. The Protoss seems to both have shuttles and can build new units anywhere they have pylons (they seem to warp in awfully fast in the demo).

Why would you want overlord transports when you can have a movable nydus canals to anywhere on the map?

Another interesting thing is that Terran turrets seems to be able to attack the Colossi. Can they attack ground now or do the Colossi count as air?

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/850/8...mg_4560185.html

PB: Thanks.

I eat robots for breakfast with syrup A(CBRT)
Show me! show you! Kikkomaan!

folder icon   05-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Post #105
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

perhaps the turrets can attack air units and really big units?

Return to Top  Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »

newthread reply StarCraft II Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: