ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net


top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > General Discussion > RPG Forum > not a tutorial GAME TIME!
Search this Thread:

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

not a tutorial GAME TIME!  Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
folder icon   03-04-2011, 06:12 PM
not a tutorial GAME TIME! Post #1
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

the game will start with the following players, Zorax, Urin,, and Mac. keep an eye out fro your name appearing before a paragraph; it means its relavent to your character.


you all will be arriving in the fishing town of TOG, it is 10 AM.

Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Post #2
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

Zorax
a chilly draft blows off the ocean as you arrive at the south entrance to Tog. trees and over grown shrubbery have been cleared to form a wide passage to your destination.
ahead of you you see three young men, each armed with shabby, near useless, swords. one of them carries a bronze shield.

as you approach the shield bearer raises his sword and speaks

"what are you doing here? who are you?"

Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Post #3
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

MAC
you've been traveling side roads for few nights now, you are tired. but you see chimney smoke up ahead; down a slender back trail. you can smell bread cooking, and of course the overwhelming stench of fish.
the passage to the town is guarded by an obese man who is drunk and dreaming.

Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Post #4
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

URIN
you arrive at tghe north gate and instantly a crowd gathers, your armor, your weapons; clearly you are a grand knight ore lord. with your owl flying highly, you are a grand sight to be sure.

among the throng of villagers, an olderr man; dressed nice; approaches.

"Sir, we are simple folk, to what honor do we greet you? pray tell, what is your name?"

Last edited by jackdaw on 03-04-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Post #5
TheMadMac

Moderator


Avatar

Joined: Jun 15 2001
Posts: 4,576 pospos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdaw
MAC
you've been traveling side roads for few nights now, you are tired. but you see chimney smoke up ahead; down a slender back trail. you can smell bread cooking, and of course the overwhelming stench of fish.
the passage to the town is guarded by an obese man who is drunk and dreaming.


Tired eh? Am I more tired than he is drunk? Is his wallet sitting on a barrel next to him or under his ass? If there's anything just lying around I'll gladly steal it from him, but I don't actually want to get within sniffing distance of the fat guy.

Other than that I just want to sneak around him and get myself some fish and chips + bed.

Hmm, do I have the money for fish and chips?

__________________
t h e m a d m a c i s s t i l l m a d
Posts: 4,576 pospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Post #6
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

MAC
the man is out cold and you are able to rob him effortlessly, he is carrying locked locket made of silver and a coin pouch in his jacket pocket.

if you take the coin pouch you now have 8 silver (8 dollars)


if you choose to sneak bye you will succeed and enter a town unnoticed (because URIN is distracting the crowd)

Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-05-2011, 01:18 AM
Post #7
TheMadMac

Moderator


Avatar

Joined: Jun 15 2001
Posts: 4,576 pospos

Should I wake him up and ask him how to open the locket? Ehh, maybe not. hokay, i rob him and enter the town. Thanx urin!

__________________
t h e m a d m a c i s s t i l l m a d
Posts: 4,576 pospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-05-2011, 05:53 AM
Post #8
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God


Avatar

Joined: Jul 14 2001
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 7,905 pospospos

I raise my hand triumphantly and my owl, Thweet lands on it and I tell them " I am Biroth Brewmeister, and I have come to kick evils ass and chew tobacco, and I am all out of tobacco. Take me to your leader. And I also want to arrange a meeting with the best local blacksmith. And are there any women here that wants to bear my children they may hand me their applications and I might grant them their wish."

Last edited by Urin_BloodfaceII on 03-05-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Posts: 7,905 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Post #9
TheMadMac

Moderator


Avatar

Joined: Jun 15 2001
Posts: 4,576 pospos

Good thing none of us chose female or this would have turned into a fantasy romance between two male ForumsX posters pretty damn quick.

__________________
t h e m a d m a c i s s t i l l m a d
Posts: 4,576 pospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Post #10
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

MAC
you enter town from the east, between housing. you instantly see the market selling every thing from exotic fish to pety fish to beads and jewelry, it seems today their is an uniusual amount of business for the ismall town.
you also see a fishing shop, a fletcher, and a bakeery shop

Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Post #11
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

URIN
the man smiles nervously,
"then biroth, i am TEL, leader of TOG. come with me and we will arrange for Leaf and Drink, though it would be best if we left our women out of this arrangement.
Helga, the black smith can wait until later."

he gesters for you to follow him to thie ale houses; a large temple like structure at the center of town.

Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Post #12
Zorax

Sig Nazi
Moderator


Avatar

Joined: Jan 27 2001
Location: Shmocation
Posts: 7,598 pospospos

"Oh, hey guys. I'm Dylan. I just cruised into town a couple days back. You guys look like you know your way around - maybe you can tell me where the hostel is? But, look, if we're gonna be cool, maybe you'll chill on the weapons, hey?" I smile graciously and, in a tone of mock importance, "I come in peace!" Since spotting them on the road, I've been fingering the Pretty Sweet Pocketknife hidden in the palm of my hand.

__________________
Just kidding.
Last edited by Zorax on 03-05-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Posts: 7,598 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Post #13
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God


Avatar

Joined: Jul 14 2001
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 7,905 pospospos

I walk beside him into the temple, laughing and telling stories of my bravery.

__________________
http://www.ted.com/ - be better.
Posts: 7,905 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Post #14
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

Zorax
The man with the sword relaxed but continued to wield his blade. he speaks kindly but carfully.
"you are probably harmless, but in these times we can not be too cautious. We know their are...dangerous people about, there is a B and B down the road,, but i'll have to see inside that box first."
he points to your guitar case.

Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Post #15
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

URIN
the inside of the alehouse is even greater then the outside would illude. their were five large tables, a long bar; behind of which is one of the largest collection of fine liiquiers you have ever seen, and a pedestal from which speakers may speak.
the hall was lit by hundredds of littles candles lining the walls and hanging from the ceiling on chandeleirs. but most noticable is a 4 by 4 by 4 cage in a back corner, inside sat an unhappy looking child; the child looked to be 11 years old, was bald, naked, and had blood red skin.

the man sits you down at the table closesst to the bar.

"From your armor, you are a great warrior. From the many bags you carry, you are a brave traveler who has no doubt traveled far. tell me sir, when will the medicine be arriving, from the KELLS NUNERY? surely you are sent by them?"

Last edited by jackdaw on 03-05-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-06-2011, 01:46 AM
Post #16
TheMadMac

Moderator


Avatar

Joined: Jun 15 2001
Posts: 4,576 pospos

What are my choices here? I can buy myself a fish, buy myself a fishing pole, get some weaponry, or some jewelry? Or rob people or kill people? Or ask for janitorial work over at the bakery?

Okay, I have what, 8 bucks? what's that going to buy me in this town? I feel my options are limited. I'm getting ready to stab the fishing store clerk and living the rest of my days comfortably as Huckleberry Finn.

__________________
t h e m a d m a c i s s t i l l m a d
Posts: 4,576 pospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Post #17
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

MAC
or you could just talk to people, but you are right, your choices are limited.
if there is some item you specifically want, you might find it at the market. the black smith is surprisingly ran by a very old lady. the bakery smells odd, just barely like sulfer but its almost non detectable. the fletcher is next door to the blacksmith and is also a "GENERAL STORE" selling basic items for every day needs.

i hope this helps somewhat.

Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-06-2011, 03:24 AM
Post #18
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God


Avatar

Joined: Jul 14 2001
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 7,905 pospospos

I buy a round of beer to the people present.

" No I am not. I travell for the world has given me a calling. I am sorry TEK, i do not know what Kells Nunery is." " What's up with the kid?" Biroth asks.

__________________
http://www.ted.com/ - be better.
Posts: 7,905 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Post #19
TheMadMac

Moderator


Avatar

Joined: Jun 15 2001
Posts: 4,576 pospos

Old lady blacksmith? Hmm, that's super odd! But on to more pressing matters.

Investigate the stinky bakery!!!

__________________
t h e m a d m a c i s s t i l l m a d
Posts: 4,576 pospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Post #20
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

URIN
the only people preesennt other then yourself and the man is another man with a spear sitting at the table by the red child. he accepts the drink but does not drink it.

TEK frowns, "that is ill news. we have a pair of newborrns, twins, who have fallen to a strange illness. they are turning to stone! that is why we need the medicine.
but this does not concern an adventurer like yourself. as to the child? the red boy comes from the far east. he is almost a myth in himself, and was caught only recently outside of the town. other then this, we know nothing."

TEK takes a heavey sip of his beer, and then continued.
"for two gold you can drink and smoke...or chew, to your heart's content. for another gold you may stay in the reserved room upstairs for the night. but excuse me, i have business to attend to."

he bows and then leaves the house.

Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Post #21
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

MAC
you step into an overwhelming aroma of fresh bread and chemicals. a little ggirl sits on a stool behind the counter, she looks to be about 10 years old, but when she shes you she screams, and runs into the back room yelling,
"MOMMY! MOMMY! A BAD MAN IS HERE!"

instantly a very attractive young woman rushes into sight. she begins to plead,
"Please, we have no money."

Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Post #22
TheMadMac

Moderator


Avatar

Joined: Jun 15 2001
Posts: 4,576 pospos

Hello Ladies! I seem to have misplaced my Tog green card but I assure you're I'm not a bad man. But it's not surprising you all are broke if you scream bloody murder at every potential customer. I'm just here to buy coffee and a donut. *pull out cash and put it on the table.

(do not eat)

__________________
t h e m a d m a c i s s t i l l m a d
Posts: 4,576 pospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Post #23
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God


Avatar

Joined: Jul 14 2001
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 7,905 pospospos

I bid farewell. Pay the barkeep . get the room. leave some of my stuff in my room. go out looking for a prostitute.

__________________
http://www.ted.com/ - be better.
Posts: 7,905 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Post #24
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

MAC
the women slowly calms down as she realizes you are not a threat. she speaks with a shakey voice.
"you...your not from here...you must be from Kells Nunery! please say you are. my children are very sick, weve been waiting weeks for you to get here..."

she puts three donuts on the counter and gets a tall mug of coffee. there is alcohol in the coffee.

Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Post #25
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

URIN
there are no prostitutes in THIS town, but i will tell you what i told MAC about the area.

if there is some item you specifically want, you might find it at the market. the black smith is surprisingly ran by a very old lady. the bakery smells odd, just barely like sulfer but its almost non detectable. the fletcher is next door to the blacksmith and is also a "GENERAL STORE" selling basic items for every day needs.

Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Post #26
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

EVERYONE

and i encourage at some point your characters meet and you have a conversation (which i will moderate somewhat)

a team must be formed edventually

Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-07-2011, 02:56 AM
Post #27
TheMadMac

Moderator


Avatar

Joined: Jun 15 2001
Posts: 4,576 pospos

"Ahh, you're looking for someone with medicine to save your dying children. Well you look doable and I'm not in the mood to get screamed at when I walk into every donut shop in town, so I want to clear my non-existant name. I'm going to go find that lovable/rich oaf I saw talking up the crowd earlier and see if he'd like to start a little charity organization: Medicine to seduce the hot baker. Plus, if he doesn't know the way to Nunery, he can probably buy himself a map."

Probably should have started this game with cash. Whatever.

*drink the coffee, take the donuts, and search for Urin.*

__________________
t h e m a d m a c i s s t i l l m a d
Posts: 4,576 pospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-07-2011, 03:12 AM
Post #28
Zorax

Sig Nazi
Moderator


Avatar

Joined: Jan 27 2001
Location: Shmocation
Posts: 7,598 pospospos

"What case? Oh, this one? You want to look inside this case?" I give the guitar case a nudge with my foot. "I dunno, fellas. I don't think you want to look inside this case."

__________________
Just kidding.
Posts: 7,598 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-07-2011, 04:28 AM
Post #29
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God


Avatar

Joined: Jul 14 2001
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 7,905 pospospos

Go to the blacksmith and see if there are some stuff to buy. ( What am i wearing and what do i own btw). Do we have like a character sheet where we can see what we got?

Going to the market buying some longlasting supplies, a old whisky & some poison.

I heard there was another traveler i town which might be better drinking company than the lousy villagers. Looking for TMM.

__________________
http://www.ted.com/ - be better.
Last edited by Urin_BloodfaceII on 03-07-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Posts: 7,905 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Post #30
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

ZORAX

whatever relief the swordman had vanishes to unease. his sword hand shakes slightly but he commands his most commanding voice, "Show me the contents of your package or you will not gain access to the town of TOG."

it is clear to you that these are not experianced guards, the weapons are shabby and they are much too young.

Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Post #31
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

MAC

as you leave the bakery the women smiles at you, but she still holds her child close.

stepping outside you instantly see URIN walking toward the blacksmith, of which you can hear heavey hammering.

Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Post #32
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God


Avatar

Joined: Jul 14 2001
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 7,905 pospospos

What do i own? Can i buy the stuff from the market?

__________________
http://www.ted.com/ - be better.
Posts: 7,905 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Post #33
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

EVERYONE

okay, to my understanding...

Zorax owns basically nothing more then a guitar and pocket knife, correct me if i'm wrong but i think he never specified his clothing

MAC owns one (or more?) knives and a deck of playing cards...or more then one deck...i dont think he said what he was wearing either....but he might of.
enlighten us MAC.


URIN said he wanted heavey armor but never specified what kind so i basically put him in heavey CHAIN MAIL. His main weaons are a GREAT HAMMER and a WHIP, but i think he also had staves and a boomerang.
Heres where things get one sided. URIN decided to be a very wealthy adventurer, giving hiim wealth and respect. but most importantly it makes the game easier for him. (we'lll have to do something about that wont we...).
you currently have 200 gold worth of treasure (2000 dollars)

Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Post #34
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter


Avatar

Joined: Jul 18 2001
Location: sea'thus
Posts: 2,451 pos

We will be fighting soon, so heres the system. its simple, but takes a while to explain...


it is a turn base concept, you move--enemies move. the order of actions is based on the circumstances of the fight.
on your turn you may use one action or sometimes two,
your options are...


move
move, move

item

defend
defend, move
move, defend

attack
attack, move
move, attack



DEFINITIONS...

move = small movements such as "dodge, duck, roll, jump, ECT..."
move move = double action such as "i go to dodge the attack and then roll behind him"

item = you use an item such as a healing root. this automatically makes you vulnerable to enimes attacks

defend = you attempt to defend yourself against an upcoming attack
defend move = you wish to defend yourself and then take a move action

attack = you attack your enemy! you must specify weapon, type of attack (slash, stab, ect), and target...legs arms ect (you may target armor and weapons)
attack move = take a move action after attacking
move attack = take a move action before attacking


questions?

Posts: 2,451 pos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Post #35
Zorax

Sig Nazi
Moderator


Avatar

Joined: Jan 27 2001
Location: Shmocation
Posts: 7,598 pospospos

Understood, jackdaw.

As I assess the guards, I realize that they're not spoiling for a fight, nor do they seem interested in robbing me blind. They're nervous and jumpy, and it would be all too easy to escalate this situation pointlessly by winding them up. That said, my guitar is my only valuable, and I can't risk them becoming greedy if they see it.

"I'm sorry, gentlemen. I don't mean to seem prickly, and normally I would have the utmost and immediate respect for the wishes of the law. However, it would be too dangerous to follow your orders in this case. Get it - case? Ha ha ha. No? At any rate, let me explain." I take a deep breath, searching my mind wildly for a moment before striking upon my course.

"I've been hitching around the coast for a while now. Up north I came upon a village called... well actually, I don't remember the name of the village. During an open mic night at this village's Inn, my set went on a little too long for one man's tastes. I was entertaining some young ladies, you see, and they kept calling for encores. But the man who was up next - he was to read poems in some ancient tongue - became terribly irate and laid without warning laid a curse upon my guitar case. 'Hroc blekkt!' He uttered, or something very like it. 'Hroc blekkt maeus lorgo - may the slayer of the beast confound you!'"
As I impersonate the old man's gravelly incantations, I draw my arms up over my head in what I hope looks like a dark ritual. "He growled the words, and the room darkened. I swear that I heard a coyote, or some other wild dog, weeping as if in its death throes, the sound carried in as if on the wind." I take a step toward the swordsmen, still conjuring menacingly. "And ever since that night, gentlemen, there has lived within my case a venomous serpent that snaps at the hand of any who tries to remove, tame, or injure it. Spring the latches, open it but a little; you'll feel the snake's sting, and then nothing at all. No," I shake my head slowly. "I will not open this case. Not because I have no respect for your wishes, but because I have too much for your lives."

Suddenly, I let my arms drop, startling the guards. I crack my knuckles and grin, sliding the case toward them with one foot. "But if you insist, then by all means."

If it seems they bought the lie, I'll quickly make my farewells and head toward Tog.

__________________
Just kidding.
Last edited by Zorax on 03-09-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Posts: 7,598 pospospos
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread:

Forum Jump:

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On

All times are GMT -5 hours. The time now is 08:35 AM.

ForumsX > General Discussion > RPG Forum > not a tutorial GAME TIME!

< Contact Us - http://www.forumsx.net - Archive >
Return to Top

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.0 Beta 7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.